Preceptor's Vestments clipping issue

Tamnira

Hello.

This is like my first or second post on these forums, so I'm not entirely sure where to put this but I figure this would be the most fitting place. I'm not sure if there are other posts regarding this, I couldn't find a search button and I'm short on time. I also couldn't find it in the known issues list.

Basically I'm experiencing a graphical bug with the Preceptor's Vestments where the back of the chestpiece seems to stick out through the clothes.

I took some screenshots as well that you can see here:

http://i.imgur.com/kLTHRD6.jpg?1 (Front shows no issues)

http://i.imgur.com/aD61CPj.jpg?1 Shows the graphical bug.

It's nothing serious, but it's annoying since I like the chestpiece aside from this issue.

• 2 months later...
Hello.

This is like my first or second post on these forums, so I'm not entirely sure where to put this but I figure this would be the most fitting place. I'm not sure if there are other posts regarding this, I couldn't find a search button and I'm short on time. I also couldn't find it in the known issues list.

Basically I'm experiencing a graphical bug with the Preceptor's Vestments where the back of the chestpiece seems to stick out through the clothes.

I took some screenshots as well that you can see here:

http://i.imgur.com/kLTHRD6.jpg?1 (Front shows no issues)

http://i.imgur.com/aD61CPj.jpg?1 Shows the graphical bug.

It's nothing serious, but it's annoying since I like the chestpiece aside from this issue.

Bumping this please! This is annoying. Why is there a coat tail for this armor BENEATH the cloak? It's all part of the same piece. It's not even like the leggings are clipping with the chestpiece. It's ALL the chest piece's own polygons. PLEASE FIX! Just chop off that coat tail.

The Classic Preceptor doesn't seem to have this problem, but it doesn't have the hood or the shoulder pads, which is what I like about the original preceptor's armor. BioWare! Please Address!

Edited by richpress

• 4 weeks later...

just got the Preceptor's Vestments. looks awesome but the back needs to be clipped. please fix it ASAP. the back looks stupid with that tail piece coming out from the back. feels almost like I got toilet paper stuck to my butt!

Front part is ok, just that back needs to be fixed.

Edited by kylesuperfirst

I just bought these robes on the GTN for 200k like three days ago. They look damn sick with the Deep Red and Black Dye. But damn, I didn't know about the clipping. And the thing is, in the preview screen. It doesn't show the damn clipping.

http://imgur.com/kvTSmLa

I was in hope that in the new update today it was going to be fix, but ohh well. Going to have to wait till they actually want to fix it.

Yeah I am in the same boat with ya, but I paid 450k for mine, I figured I was paying a little extra for the red and black dye modules. if anyone else has bought the Preceptor's Vestments and or as ticked off as I am, add to the forum and open a ticket. the way I see it, they wont fix it if nobody complains. Edited by kylesuperfirst

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

/bump

Getting really sick of this sitting in cargo, dyed a lovely red/black, perfect for a certain character of mine- and completely unwearable. Only thing I can figure to try would be black/black dye on it...of course, if the clipping still showed that would be a waste of millions of credits so...no.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't worry, mates.

The preceptor set will never fixed, but they will release a new wonderful fixed set at the honest fee of 10000 cartel coins :D

Hehe))) Nice joke))))))))

Ummm... Joke... Joke?

Damn, i hope so...

/bump

Bioware, this bug IS affecting gameplay.

We buying this set>we put it on>we see bug>BW return money for bugged content, becouse its cheating on clients.

Fix it already!!! You fixing bloody icons in CM, but cant fix something that cost us real money? WTH??

• 4 weeks later...

Amazing how long this bug has been around and no response from BW ... sad, very sad.

I'm now also a part of the same group of people that bought the set for several hundred creds and can't use it because of this issue.

Created ticket, suggest all do the same.

BW: Please at least acknowledge the problem!!

Ty.

Edited by Brusim

• 2 weeks later...

I can imagine it's based on other models, perhaps even molded together from them - after all it bears resemblance to the Voss chestpieces - but the desginers forgot to remove the backflap.

It's already annoying when standing still, but with your weapons drawn it's even worse.

Being one of my favourite pieces, I can't bear to use it because of this glitch. I seriously hope it'll be corrected soon.

I don't know how this "bug report" system works, but... IT SUCKS.

Becouse MANY people already reported this bug. Both in-game and forum.

NO REPLY.

WTH, Bioware?

You fixing new armor and stupid icons, but can't fix a bug that percist SO LONG TIME ????

Its not even in known bug list !!!

I ask again - WHAT THE HELL are you thinking ??!!

How much time will take to "investigate" that OBVIOUS bug ??!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh My God, Bioware!

How can it be, that you can't fix a SMALL bug in a HALF DAMN YEAR!?

We don't even see this bug in "known issues"!!!!

What the hell is going on?

How long are you gonna ignore the problem?

Year? Two? Three?

The WHOLE game community knows about this bug, and you trying to tell me that you are still "investigate" it?

Don't make me laugh.

Fix it ASAP. Or give a refund to all people, who bought this crap with CC.