Downtime Saturday evening?

Harleyquincey

Hello,

since this is spawning great waves of rage and anger down in this little community called Europe I'd like to inform you about how much we dislike having a downtime on a Saturday evening. It is basically spawning conversations in our minds like this...

Polite Polly "So, what do you think Good Guy Greg, when shall we do this downtime?"

Good Guy Greg "We should really do that downtime on a regular workday when it's morning in Europe and late evening down here, how about that?"

Malicious Advice Mallard "Ain't nobody got time for dat. I say we do it on.. let's see.. Friday night! (Evil laughter occurs)"

Good Guy Greg "But.. that would be bad for those poor few hundred thousand players in Europe."

Malicious Advice Mallard "You're right.... let's do it on Saturday then!"

And thus the case was closed, Good Guy Greg has since been sen weeping icy tears of Ilum-ination.

Of course I realize, as do many, that this has to be some super important hotfix we're seeing being applied (at least we do hope so, don't want anyone ragequitting, do we?) and while that is very reasonable - the timing itself isn't reasonable at all. Saturday evening is "the" raid time for many many guilds, "the" RP evening for many many guilds, and "the" ranked warzone night for many many guilds. Not to mention new players who want to take a look into SWTOR on a weekend and find themselves being left out of time rationales as europeans. That does not exactly make a good first impression (nor a second, nor third).

I know this topic has been debated countless times in the past when the discussionw as all about "Tuesday downtime in Europe" - but a Saturday evening? I remember only one such downtime in the year since release and it spawned equally huge amounts of rage and anger, especially in hindsight.

Just wanted to give this as a heads-up since player reactions might not be what someone expected them to be since barely noone is fuming in forums anymore. I am not affected much myself by the way, just that I have read this countless times as topic since the postponed downtime note.

Edited by Harleyquincey
Colors

Indeed.

dfasfsdfasda

True. It is why I coated it with humour. It was necessary to be said - but not meant all too roughly. Also.. about the "dead game time" - might be for some, but it certainly is not for us. For example we all share dinnertime in the guild at 7 pm CET usually. Now we do shift this and shift our plans from today which leads to some of us having less sleep. Yeah, we're lunatic about doing stuff together, after all that is essentially our concept. That is also why we aren't affected that much however since we can work plans around the downtime, still I did witness many people who were quite ..angry.. about it, as is one of us, but that's also due to him not having experience with downtimes in MMOs. Still, I found it valid to post that - and yes, "concise" and me, we are complete strangers. I do regret never meeting good ol' Concise much, but we really seem not to get along anyways. :)

True. It is why I coated it with humour. It was necessary to be said - but not meant all too roughly. Also.. about the "dead game time" - might be for some, but it certainly is not for us. For example we all share dinnertime in the guild at 7 pm CET usually. Now we do shift this and shift our plans from today which leads to some of us having less sleep. Yeah, we're lunatic about doing stuff together, after all that is essentially our concept. That is also why we aren't affected that much however since we can work plans around the downtime, still I did witness many people who were quite ..angry.. about it, as is one of us, but that's also due to him not having experience with downtimes in MMOs. Still, I found it valid to post that - and yes, "concise" and me, we are complete strangers. I do regret never meeting good ol' Concise much, but we really seem not to get along anyways. :)

For what it's worth, I wasn't attempting to troll you. I can see now how it can look that way.

Obviously it is important enough that they are working on what is typically a day off, not to mention the fact that the maintenance was important enough to postpone from today to tomorrow.

And regardless of what you think, downtime is done during a period that effects the least amount of people. Since it appears that people from across the globe play this game that means that downtime will always effect someones "prime time".

I live in North America but since I work 11am to 7pm these periods of downtime typically occur during my prime time as well. Instead of getting worked up over something I know beyond a doubt is not going to change just because a few people are inconvenienced, I take care of sundry responsibilities during these down times.

You can gripe and moan and rail and threaten but the simple fact remains the same: Down time will happen when the fewest people are inconvenienced.

And regardless of what you think, downtime is done during a period that effects the least amount of people.(...)

The selected timeframe is evening all over Europe.

You can gripe and moan and rail and threaten but the simple fact remains the same: Down time will happen when the fewest people are inconvenienced.

I did not gripe. I did not moan. I did not rail. I did not threaten. The points you tried to make were already considered in the original post. Thank you for the delightful insight into my own posting. It was clearly meant the way you perceived it apparently, since that is essentially why I used a humorous approach to it. This also concludes my part of the discussion here. If you want to further derail it, I will appreciate a personal message at Noreply@anywhere.com. Cheers!

The selected timeframe is evening all over Europe.

I did not gripe. I did not moan. I did not rail. I did not threaten. The points you tried to make were already considered in the original post. Thank you for the delightful insight into my own posting. It was clearly meant the way you perceived it apparently, since that is essentially why I used a humorous approach to it. This also concludes my part of the discussion here. If you want to further derail it, I will appreciate a personal message at Noreply@anywhere.com. Cheers!

And yet you felt the need to post on a topic that is constantly posted on and which has no purpose because it will not change...no matter how much you post on it.

All over Europe? So what? Would you prefer all over Asia-Pacific? Maybe you think NA should have to have the down time in the middle of their prime time?

Face it, you live in the area that is considered the least number of people effected. Not to mention the little fact that if the people doing the actual maintenance live in NA, they are not going to want to come in at a time that is, for them, the middle of the night just so a few people aren't inconvenienced.

Regardless of your approach, you are moaning and griping about the down time and when it happens. Funny or raging, its still a wasted effort since it isn't going to change the fact that you will be faced with a prime time down time so that the majority of the games players don't have to.

And yet you felt the need to post on a topic that is constantly posted on and which has no purpose because it will not change...no matter how much you post on it.

All over Europe? So what? Would you prefer all over Asia-Pacific? Maybe you think NA should have to have the down time in the middle of their prime time?

Face it, you live in the area that is considered the least number of people effected. Not to mention the little fact that if the people doing the actual maintenance live in NA, they are not going to want to come in at a time that is, for them, the middle of the night just so a few people aren't inconvenienced.

Regardless of your approach, you are moaning and griping about the down time and when it happens. Funny or raging, its still a wasted effort since it isn't going to change the fact that you will be faced with a prime time down time so that the majority of the games players don't have to.

and people have a right to express their frustration over and over again if only to let of steam of being constantly steamrolled.

Ill turn your attitude right back at you - You dont like that people create posts like this? TOO BAD

Must be fun living in Nirvana.

Must be fun living in Nirvana.

If you don't know the difference between common sense and ignorance, my sig is meant for you.

And lucky you, they pulled the trigger 5 hours or so early which then caused other Euro players as well as Australians to complain about the new time.

If you can't make everyone happy all the time, you make as few people as possible unhappy. Hence the time of the maintenance. I'm kinda surprised they didn't initially schedule it for 5am Central US since the servers are normally pretty dead around that time no matter what day of the week it is.

If you don't know the difference between common sense and ignorance, my sig is meant for you.

And lucky you, they pulled the trigger 5 hours or so early which then caused other Euro players as well as Australians to complain about the new time.

If you can't make everyone happy all the time, you make as few people as possible unhappy. Hence the time of the maintenance. I'm kinda surprised they didn't initially schedule it for 5am Central US since the servers are normally pretty dead around that time no matter what day of the week it is.

Ever thought about changing your name to "Whiteseven"? Such a fine white-knight you are in every single one of your posts. Seriously I can't view a single topic without seeing your name crop up, jumping to EAwares defense. I am curious, do they pay you or are you simply so naive that you actually believe what you say?

Edited by Ragico

since this is spawning great waves of rage and anger down in this little community called Europe I'd like to inform you about how much we dislike having a downtime on a Saturday evening. It is basically spawning conversations in our minds like this...

Its an American game. Therefore it will schedule down time when it best suits Americans.

Does it hurt when the US acts as self centered as the rest of the world. I mean really. When was the last time anything, anyone, anywhere did anything for the betterment of the US? LOL

Obviously it is important enough that they are working on what is typically a day off, not to mention the fact that the maintenance was important enough to postpone from today to tomorrow.

And regardless of what you think, downtime is done during a period that effects the least amount of people. Since it appears that people from across the globe play this game that means that downtime will always effect someones "prime time".

I live in North America but since I work 11am to 7pm these periods of downtime typically occur during my prime time as well. Instead of getting worked up over something I know beyond a doubt is not going to change just because a few people are inconvenienced, I take care of sundry responsibilities during these down times.

There seems to be an exploit that involves excessive reputation gains.

The maintenance I can't fault them for, the lack of communication I can. There should be someone on the boards at this very minute explaining to the customer the situation even if they cannot reveal the particulars. Imagine just one Moderator, with a sense of humor, spending his time answering threads and quelling fears and hostilities as they did with the most recent game crash. Players and moderators actually worked together providing information so as to resolve the issue.

Would go a long way toward improving customer relations.

Edited by Blackardin