Free For All PVP is not a Galactic War

Quinlynn

I agree that factoin inbalance is an issue. An issue that the devs made no attempt to handle with 1.7.

A thoughtfull, good dev team, could have implemented a faction based PVP area that provided for this issue.

First off, the instances of illum is limited to what seems to limited to a number less than 75. So eventhough one faction out numbers the other, the instance limit mitigates some of that.

Second, they could have implemented a NPC spawn system that helps the side with fewer players. IE if you are outnumbered by X, a number of NPCs close to or greater than X will spawn in the area to join the fight.

Third, they could have implemeted bases again, in the area, with NPCs that also help the out numbered faction have a position to hold for the purpse of the PVP objectives.

Any number of well thoughtout and desinged systems could have been put in place to create a faction based PVP system as was promised from the beginning of the concept of this game. Not doing so is nothing less than lazy and a failure.

While Anakin was killing other Jedi, he was nolonger a Jedi, he was Sith. He became Sith as soon as he raised his blade against Mace Windu. The Old Republic Novels do have some Sith in fighting, not full out internal war. The focus is and always has been the Sith Empire vs. the Old Republic.

Jedi killing Jedi is not Star Wars. NICE TRY.

Right. Because Anakin didn't wipeout all the younglings in Episode III.

You haven't thought this through much have you?

/endthread

Yes, because 200 Imperials vs 20 Republic in a big zergfest slideshow was so much better. FFA is the only way really to counter faction imbalance. The Fray Landing Memorial is there for a reason, you know.

Wow. I actually agree with something you said. I'm stunned. There is hope for you yet.

lol

Right. Because Anakin didn't wipeout all the younglings in Episode III.

You haven't thought this through much have you?

/endthread

lol

You obvously are not paying attention. As soon as Anakin raised his blade against Mace Windu, he became a Sith. Futhermore your example is total fail because Darth Sidious announced that Anakin is now Darth Vader before he went back to the Temple to kill jedi and younglings.

Obviously you didn't think at all. Are you a SWTOR devd?

Edited by Quinlynn

You obvously are not paying attention. As soon as Anakin raised his blade against Mace Windu, he became a Sith. Futhermore your example is total fail because Darth Sidious announced that Anakin is now Darth Vader before he went back to the Temple to kill jedi and younglings.

To be quite honest, you don't have to attack your fellow Jedi. That choice is yours. So before crying "oh, but the lore says..." you should take a moment and ponder the implications of said choice.

Also. If you despise it so much, don't go there at all. Stop raining on everyone else parade, because this is as close to a reason for WPvP we've had in months.

Edited by jizerai

1.7 is so stupid I canoot even express it in words.

Outlaws Den was a failure so sure, lets make it bigger.

This is supposed to be the Sith Empire vs. The Republic.

BW you are a total and utter failure.

No more stupid then you spending your life trolling Imperials over at Poisonous Strategy.

I don't see you "PvPing" anywhere unless you have a couple packs of heroic NPCs at your disposal to exploit via companion tricks. It's ironic you're calling Bioware a total and utter failure at PvP implementation.

To be quite honest, you don't have to attack your fellow Jedi. That choice is yours. So before crying "oh, but the lore says..." you should take a moment and ponder the implications of said choice.

Also. If you despise it so much, don't go there at all. Stop raining on everyone else parade, because this is as close to a reason for WPvP we've had in months.

Ilum has been ther for World PVP the whole time. The fact that the majority of players need PVE incentives to do PVP is the problem.

The reall issue is that BW did not take the time and effort to put geunine throught into faction based OW-PVP.

No more stupid then you spending your life trolling Imperials over at Poisonous Strategy.

I don't see you "PvPing" anywhere unless you have a couple packs of heroic NPCs at your disposal to exploit via companion tricks. It's ironic you're calling Bioware a total and utter failure at PvP implementation.

I don't see imps anywhere unless they have 4 or 5 buddies, else they just turn and run even when I am out in the open.

If thinking I am exploiting makes you feel better then good for you. Obviously BW does not agree or I wouldn't be there.

FFA PVP does not equal Faction PVP is the only point I am making.

Your attempt to complain about getting a ganked on Ilum at the hroic area is not working.

Ilum has been ther for World PVP the whole time. The fact that the majority of players need PVE incentives to do PVP is the problem.

The reall issue is that BW did not take the time and effort to put geunine throught into faction based OW-PVP.

Dead zone is dead. And I don't really see how that's PvE incentives, as they provide you with Warzone Commendations. I do agree that a lot more could be done to make it more fun and engaging - but that's another story.

I'm sure it's not gonna be enough in the long haul. But they're going in the right direction, for the first time, which I think is good.

Edit: And please. Everyone's e-peen is not of importance here.

Edited by jizerai

• 9 months later...

It's like this: OW-PvP/FFA PvP areas (Outlaw's Den for example), are great for roleplaying. Sith lords have fought and killed one another from the beginning. You take away that ability, it goes against SW lore. That is a fact.

Now, don't quote me on this next example, because I don't know for sure. But I'm thinking bounty hunters had prices on their own heads. Thus, making the hunter, the hunted. Same for smugglers against smugglers. This is just a thought. I'm not saying I'm right. Just an opinion.

So from a roleplayer's point of view, OW-PvP/FFA PvP areas are great. It makes things fun and adds an interesting twist. That's my two cents.

It's like this: OW-PvP/FFA PvP areas (Outlaw's Den for example), are great for roleplaying. Sith lords have fought and killed one another from the beginning. You take away that ability, it goes against SW lore. That is a fact.

Now, don't quote me on this next example, because I don't know for sure. But I'm thinking bounty hunters had prices on their own heads. Thus, making the hunter, the hunted. Same for smugglers against smugglers. This is just a thought. I'm not saying I'm right. Just an opinion.

So from a roleplayer's point of view, OW-PvP/FFA PvP areas are great. It makes things fun and adds an interesting twist. That's my two cents.

it's like this: players are whiney *****es

Maybe you are a Sith if you kill your fellow Jedi then? After all, there is such thing as being Jedi and going Dark Side. It's a roleplaying game, you can do what you want. It makes perfect sense if a jedi kills another jedi, the first jedi has just turned evil.