Can I do this event without PvP?

jasonthelamb

Just wondering if this new event is do-able without PvP, won't be able to log in until midnight, and I REALLY don't want to put up with open world PvP as I've been hearing about. If I wanted to PvP I would flag myself and/or queue for PvP....

Yes. You can.

yes, if you are careful. don't pick up pvp quests. don't go into contested area. and avoid using AoE attacks for you AND companion if you see flagged people around. (or at all, sometimes griefers stealth and then go into your AoE area while invisible, so you don't even know they are there, until its too late)

you lose exactly 2 quests. that's it. its really not that big of a deal. but you do get a reputation bonus as a subscriber

edited. I personally ignore the entire segment of the game, as a subscriber. pvp. I do so by choice. I'm still paying the same subscription as everyone else, because its my choice to ignore content and because its more prudent for me to just keep everything unlocked all the time, instead of buying flashpoint passes. so I'm sorry, but ignoring 2 quests by choice is not a reason to grumble about subscribing and content. (this last segment is not directed at OP)

Edited by Jeweledleah

Can u just do not play in pvp area? You lose only 3-4 quests! :)

I think you only lose 2 quests. There are 2 PVP quests that give around 600 rep and 3 PVe quests that give around 600 rep.

You choose what you want to do. PVE, PVP or both.

You can group with people that watch what there doing and limit AOE cause if you hit the opposite side and there flagged, it will flag you. Same with healing a PVP flagged person. It's always been that way so this is really no different

I just did this today on one toon, grouped and had good time. No PVP at all.

Whats great though is if you want PVP. It's also there should you want to try it but you in no way have to and you can still get rep.

I think you only lose 2 quests. There are 2 PVP quests that give around 600 rep and 3 PVe quests that give around 600 rep.

You choose what you want to do. PVE, PVP or both.

You can group with people that watch what there doing and limit AOE cause if you hit the opposite side and there flagged, it will flag you. Same with healing a PVP flagged person. It's always been that way so this is really no different

I just did this today on one toon, grouped and had good time. No PVP at all.

Whats great though is if you want PVP. It's also there should you want to try it but you in no way have to and you can still get rep.

I had this experience on my IMP...then I switched to PUB and had a horrible experience...so not sure what to tell you.

I had this experience on my IMP...then I switched to PUB and had a horrible experience...so not sure what to tell you.

It's called, playing with others online and it has random outcomes. However, you can still avoid being flagged PVP very easily. The entire event can be done solo or grouped and never get flagged at all but if people in your group don't think the same as you, then you might not want to group with them cause it could get you flagged PVP.

At that point, solo it.

I was on a RP-PvE server and got moved to a RP server with the mergers... I want to move to a PvE server but still no server transfers :(

Um.

RP-PvE is exactly the same as RP.

In fact, there never were RP-PvE servers. The server types are and always have been: PvE, PvP, RP-PvP, and RP.

if you completly eliminate AOE (you and comp) and you don't group with anyone...you might get the PVE quests done.

...maybe.

Yup. You can. Just did it with ease. Grouped up ran through all the PvE content including the heroic with peeps from the other faction everywhere. No auto flags on AOE exploits, it was quick and easy.

For fun, we then turned to the PvP quests in the contested area. They were a blast as well.