Legacy system?

Dothackking

I got my surname a short while ago and here's how it works. Surname is your family/last name. In my case I chose "Shields". It's supposed to be unique so no one should be able to use Shields on my server. This part I couldn't confirm cause well it worked the first time. I never got "Already Taken" or Invalid. I didn't try a star wars name like solo or skywalker but I assume they blocked those.

You have 3 options how to show your family name.

1. Off

2. Attached to your name. Ex: <Title><Character name><Surname> So You can still use a regular title like "The Honorable Joss Shields".

3. You can have it shown under your character name like how a guild name is shown without brackets. It'll say "The <surname> Legacy".

This name carries for all characters you will create on that server (didn't test for cross faction). I had a lvl 12 smuggler and could set him to show "Captain Maddox Shields".

You can't attach the name to a newly created character until he gets to level 10 since the Legacy page is under the Talent/Skills window and that's only unlocked at lvl 10.

It doesn't carry on other servers.

So far there's no actual feature other that the tag name. You can accumulate legacy points though.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Zenro

As of right now the legacy system just adds the name. Was a twitter post and an official post on the forums stating that the legacy system and the games UI are top priorities and that in the near future youll get "cool stuff" for the legacy system. The examples they gave were special items,cosmetic stuff, and they hinted at bonuses for new alts made.

So the free xp isn't in yet? :(

I've been playing BH but the storyline is starting to get less interesting and I was going to re-roll once I got use of the legacy system

They haven't implemented anything beyond selecting the name. The only thing I did noticed was you are accumulating legacy points.

As of right now the legacy system just adds the name. Was a twitter post and an official post on the forums stating that the legacy system and the games UI are top priorities and that in the near future youll get "cool stuff" for the legacy system. The examples they gave were special items,cosmetic stuff, and they hinted at bonuses for new alts made.

Yeah there will definitely be legacy items for leveling similar to how they had heirloom items in WoW. I'm not sure which window it was (maybe galactic market or crafting), but there is a filter somewhere for item quality (prototype, artifact, custom) which listed "legacy".