Lethality Op PVP vid 2

Ravashakk

This made we want to dust off my Scoundrel and try it out. I've never tried Lethality/DF except on my Sniper. It is totally two different playstyles even though they share the same tree. My only real gripe is that WS/Cull is reliant on UH/TA procs. They need to either make it so it doesn't require UH/TA or make it a lot easier to gain UH/TA without having to get in 4m range to use Blaster Whip/Shiv.

But those are really good vids. I like guys that take a spec that people say is gimped and make it shine.

Got my 2nd agent to 32 (just enough to get the essential talents for a half-way decent lethality spec) today and decided to try out this spec in lowbie pvp. Dear god, I'm never going concealment again. :D

I thank you, sir. For disproving my beliefs on how Lethality was mostly for Snipers. I dearly thank you. :D

They need to either make it so it doesn't require UH/TA or make it a lot easier to gain UH/TA without having to get in 4m range to use Blaster Whip/Shiv.

That would make this spec insanely strong. It would crush even the pre-pre-nerf operative burst DPS by a mile. :p

Edited by Defecter

Got my 2nd agent to 32 (just enough to get the essential talents for a half-way decent lethality spec) today and decided to try out this spec in lowbie pvp. Dear god, I'm never going concealment again. :D

I thank you, sir. For disproving my beliefs on how Lethality was mostly for Snipers. I dearly thank you. :D

Those were my beliefs when I started the game when it came out. I always heard a lethality op was one of the worst specs in the game. I took everyone's word on it, and really didn't care since I was a healer. When I wanted a vacation from healing, I didn't want to blow the dust off my marauder that's been sitting there since 1.2, nor did I want to go conceal like almost every other non healing operative. So being different drove me to the spec, but the spec itself kept me there.

I am glad to hear I had such a profound effect on your gaming experience. Hope you enjoy it more as you master it.

This made we want to dust off my Scoundrel and try it out. I've never tried Lethality/DF except on my Sniper. It is totally two different playstyles even though they share the same tree. My only real gripe is that WS/Cull is reliant on UH/TA procs. They need to either make it so it doesn't require UH/TA or make it a lot easier to gain UH/TA without having to get in 4m range to use Blaster Whip/Shiv.

But those are really good vids. I like guys that take a spec that people say is gimped and make it shine.

Some of the proposed changes are going to streamline the spec, without making it Ungodly in the hands of the average player.

I love your dots i'm a hard bound scrapper but dang you make lethallity fun i could never maintain the damage like that. :D

Although not too far away, every fight I get into isn't like those clips. Sometimes you get a string of unlucky non crits, but nothing that alters the outcome by too much. Even a triple non crit cull hits for 3kish on targets above 30% health without the weakening shot debuff. It only gets better from there.

If you can time your dots with an EP and a cull, the dmg is pretty insane...especially if you get a dart double proc. The proverbial "Perfect Storm" happened once for me against a sage before I started recording games. He had prob around 1k-1100 expertise, and like 17-18k health. Literally everything crit on my screen. PG crit for ~700, double ~1300 crit on dart, EP crit for 4k, cull triple crit for 2.1k 2.1k 2.7k. It ended up being in the realm of 14-15k dmg in the timeframe of a global. I just remember him being at 70 something % and dying. However, I was able to capture a few good ones in my latest video of me doing 10-13k bursts.

Great stuff man!

It's great to see a build like lethality in hands of someone who knows how to use it.

Thank you. Took a bit to go from healing to being a DPSer. Part of me thinks that my healing background makes me a better DPS, cuz of my instinct to spot heal ppl or myself as the situation dictates. As my video shows, I try to look out for my healers, which you come to appreciate when you heal yourself.

Another great video sir! Lots of fun little things in there that either made me smile or made me say "I need to remember to do that with my Op". Good stuff.

Good music too. I much prefer hearing Judas Priest and AC/DC to some random dubstep garbage.

Haha, yeah I'm not a huge fan of dubstep.

Edited by Ravashakk

Awww geez, if too many people go Lethality I'll have to switch to Concealment!! Lol. Or Madness Sorc.

I decided to try Lethality, also because it was so rare, and I typically try to choose the classes/specs that are considered most underpowered. It's awesome what Lethality can do in the right hands.

Just get used to needing like 25+ hotkeys.

Edited by MobiusZero

Awww geez, if too many people go Lethality I'll have to switch to Concealment!! Lol. Or Madness Sorc.

I decided to try Lethality, also because it was so rare, and I typically try to choose the classes/specs that are considered most underpowered. It's awesome what Lethality can do in the right hands.

Just get used to needing like 25+ hotkeys.

I would LOVE it if we start seeing QQ posts about the mass amounts of lethality ops on the opposing team without any changes.

Got guys in my guild leveling ops to make my DoT team idea come to life.

Team DOT huh? Dimitri Dolohov, Professional Russian, and lethality operative since launch, at your service!

Jokes aside though, a full team of multidotters would be deadly even without culls. A single op can put out about 800-ish dps by having poison nade + dart on a target, times 4 that's 3.2k worth of damage to everyone on the enemy team every second. I don't think there is any way to heal through that, not is there any way to effectively cleanse it away since cleanse will only remove 2 of the 8 dots ticking on you. Toss in some 3-8k culls and the ability to stack 4 orbitals (or about 50k of damage), and this could be a seriously scary team.

Realistically though, I don't think a team of 4 operatives is a good idea since we are so dang squishy. What makes us deadly skirmishers is how slippery we are and how quickly we recover once we get out of harms way, but if there are not "easier" targets then we will just be getting in each other way, a skirmisher isn't much good if he's forced to the front line. Sadly we are still savagely outclassed by smashers, and we gain far less from having a good healer and tank then they do since we are largely independent anyways.

Team DOT huh? Dimitri Dolohov, Professional Russian, and lethality operative since launch, at your service!

Jokes aside though, a full team of multidotters would be deadly even without culls. A single op can put out about 800-ish dps by having poison nade + dart on a target, times 4 that's 3.2k worth of damage to everyone on the enemy team every second. I don't think there is any way to heal through that, not is there any way to effectively cleanse it away since cleanse will only remove 2 of the 8 dots ticking on you. Toss in some 3-8k culls and the ability to stack 4 orbitals (or about 50k of damage), and this could be a seriously scary team.

Realistically though, I don't think a team of 4 operatives is a good idea since we are so dang squishy. What makes us deadly skirmishers is how slippery we are and how quickly we recover once we get out of harms way, but if there are not "easier" targets then we will just be getting in each other way, a skirmisher isn't much good if he's forced to the front line. Sadly we are still savagely outclassed by smashers, and we gain far less from having a good healer and tank then they do since we are largely independent anyways.

Couple things you aren't accounting for. The team is entirely stealth. So keeping 2 of anything is going to be hard for the other team if they can't rotate fast. When you are in a defensive advantage (2 turrets, 2 nodes, defending in voidstar etc...) you can respec to have all healers since the name of the game is "stall". If a tank is going to be apart, it will be a sin for the stealth and dot spec capability if we need deeps instead of tanking (offense in voidstar)

Team HoT? :p

How many teams do you know that have 4-5 healers capable of SUSTAINING 2k+ HPS for an extended period of time required to stop ppl from dying?

Corrosive dart does like 560 non crit to geared targets. With my gear you're looking at ~49% crit with 79.9% surge and 25% chance to double proc. The average tick every 3 seconds per target per operative will be 974, or 325 DPS.

Corrosive grenade does like 365 non crit to geared targets. The average tick every 3 seconds per target per operative will be 508, or 169 DPS.

I'd say in a big group battle, keeping dart on 6 targets, and grenade on 4-5 is easy to manage. (not taking into account lingering toxins dmg). So with 4 operatives doing this, the average dps would be 11,180. Doing NOTHING else, 11,180 dmg every second spread out over the entire team. This doesn't take into account defensive cooldowns, or cleanses (which will prob be neglected due to large healing required). This dmg happens regardless of LOS, range, CC, or death. If you sac a little survivability by not having a 3rd healer or a tank, you get another set of dots, bringing it up to almost 14k DPS.

Now from experience on my operative and scoundrel healing, I could sustain 2-2.5k HPS in the PERFECT situation. Even at 2.5k HPS, you would need prob 5 healers to get the job done. 3 would only cut it in half, which means in 10 seconds of battle after dots are out, there will be 70k dmg that isn't being healed.

Don't get me started on burst with coordinated explosive probes and culls.

Edited by Ravashakk

I personally will probably not ever go Lethality, but I am impressed that some people make it work. I Generally go out of my way to kill lethality Ops just to see what they can do to me.

So I wish all lethality ops the absolute best. I love watching you guys burn people down. it makes me giggle terribly.

If this guy can do that now, you're going to LOVE 2.0 scoundrel.

shiv gives you: 60% chance to make next cull free and regrant TA, 20 sec internal CD

sleeping targets take no dot damage (Good for sleep dart > two dots = get two GCDs on the opponent)

no cd 25 energy 12 m roll, when slowed only 6m, gives 30% defense chance while rolling. 30% to make next Kinf free and instant (Kinf is now 9 sec cd with a 9 second hot)

30% buff to shield probe

No cooldown on corrosive grenade

Corrosive dart is now 16 energy (cannot be lowered with medicine talent anymore)

Edited by Zunayson