What is the most fun spec for a Marauder?

ViolaC

As in the tittle above, the most FUN spec, not the best.

Thanks for the help

i'm still a noob but for pvp I'm loving carnage.. It feels like a 1v1 wrecking ball. I know rage is suposed to be a massive aoe spec. But there is nothing like taking someone 1v1 and wrecking them even though you're at half health to start the fight. Again i'm 38 right now so take it with a grain of salt.

Obviously it depends alot on what YOU find to be the most fun play-wise, in other words it's subjective.

Me myself foremost enjoy different kinds of hybrid specs - whats the most fun of those, well thats something that change from day to day.

What kind of play style do you enjoy the most - no matter what class/game/role/etc?

Annihilation or Carnage for me. Rage is pretty boring, Carnage is basically a joke in regulars if there is a single bubble stunner on the other team. And even if there's not, anyone paying attention can stun, kb or blind you as soon as you hit gore and that's a substantial amount of damage lost.

On the other hand, epic lulz when they don't, you know they wont and you can get in a full leap gore ravage scream on someone. Generally only happens once or twice before they figure out what's putting them back in the spawn box in 3-4 GCDs.

As far as rotation goes I find annihilation higher difficulty to be very challenging, and therefore fun to play.

Its also by far the solo pve wrecker. Self-heal, ability to completely lock out any ability with an higher than 2 sec cast with the best interrupt in the game, lower cooldown on obfuscate, annihilation marauders are very impressive against those champion you may encounter in open world questing, and to solo H2s.

Carnage is perhaps the most "efficient" damage dealer. Burst is more availaible, its a spec that you get more of a "lets pummel that guy till he's a mess on the floor". In WZ, the spec brings a lot of priceless utility, with very noticeable mobility advantages that you can extend to allies. It is however the "squishiest" of the 3.

Rage is called "lolsmash" for a reason. Imo its boring, and the whole spec is a one-trick pony, and you look like an addict that cannot wait for its next smash.

Nice in fight mobility with another short range jump in obliterate, one of the most powerful snare in the game, and the highest blunt DR, advantageously comparing to DPS classes in heavy armor.

But as said : gosh its boring to play imo.

My choice is annihilation. I leveled as carnage, switched to annihilation at 40 to try it and never looked back.

I'm leveling a sentinel, currently 36, specced watchmen from the start and its been a blast from the moment I chose "sentinel" at the AC trainer.

verfallen made some really good points and I can only agree that Annihilation is extremely fun to play.

That being said, the same goes for Carnage.

I'm gonna summarize it as short as possible.

Annihilation: One of the three best 1v1/dueling specs in the entire game, even after the heal nerf. It has decent survivability and gives you the opportunity to interrupt pretty much all the essential casts of certain classes.

On the downside Anni has very little team utility in comparison to the other specs. And if the enemy team has more than one (smart) healer it will be a cleanse-party which can be very frustrating.

Carnage: Still a very good toe-to-toe spec with devastating single target burst and excellent mobility AND team utility due to two different roots and increased MS on Predation.

However, you rely heavily on your Gore, Ravage, Force Scream Combo/s and it is the "squishiest" spec - but at the same time the one that allows you the fastest exit. You have to be very careful in terms of positioning and choosing the right targets.

On a side node: if you want to wreck Slingers/Snipers, Carnage is the way to go (;

Rage: This

Very good spec, very self-explanatory, very good AoE burst, very viable, very very very (very) boring.

The satisfaction some people get while running Rage is a huge mystery to me. But to each his own.

Edited by jupezz

On the other hand, epic lulz when they don't, you know they wont and you can get in a full leap gore ravage scream on someone. Generally only happens once or twice before they figure out what's putting them back in the spawn box in 3-4 GCDs.

lol so so true. it is so satisfying to wreck a healer from 100% to dead in 4 GCDs xD