Final Wave Sent!

uniscorn

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its accurate, I'm part of a HUGE guild that has some efames and have friends who are the leaders and officers. So I've been listening to them complain in the vent as they're playing that the rest of the guild is not in and the starter zones are next to empty, same with the fleets and zones after. So I've been checking that list throughout the day. Only once did I see the majority were heavy, but that only lasted about 2 hours and now it sits as is.

that could also be bad since we will end up playing a game like WoW was the beginning of this year and never finding anyone as they are all over the place for levels

yes congestion is a pain with launch BUT you find out who are good player .. who are idiots and maybe meet new people to group with.

other option is leveling to max before you meet anyone

I knew I wouldn't get in the first day and I redeemed my code 7/28. All I was expecting was a little more information about how the Early Access was going. What day they got through and how well the servers were handling the load. I also would have liked an ETA on when I could possibly get my invite. A little heads up would have been nice. Instead you got people sitting at their computers all day refreshing their inbox all the time. Then you have a lot of people reporting that their servers are only at light/standard load. What does BW expect to happen at actual launch when a lot more people are expecting to get on all at once?

This Early Access thing sounds like just another stress test to me. Even one of the updates a Dev posted contradicted itself when first they said it wasn't a stress test than next couple of paragraphs down said it was and needed to watch server stability. Really? I thought they did plenty of stress tests already. How could they have not seen this happening and worked out a better plan for waves of people? It's not like they didn't have enough MMOs to model after. It seems to me they were just rushing to make a deadline, and were a little clumsy and added a couple more days to Early Access to make us think they were being nice, but in reality it was to do some further stress testing.

Honestly I think it would have been much better to have Early Access be random, let people know when to expect to be in ( a ball park estimate), and put guilds in at the same time. The point of being in a guild after all is doing things together. How can you do anything together if you're leveling at different times? Some people would have to wait for the others to catch up. To me that defeats the purpose of their guild program. They should have sent in a few guilds each wave along with other players to fill in the gaps.

It all just seems to me that they didn't really have a clue what they were doing.

I had EA call me back so I could cancel one of my pre-orders. My guildies are split on how to proceed and some are backing out since some of us pre-ordered day 1 and are not in while others ordered a few weeks later are in and lvl 40.

So anyways, I talked to EA about cancelling one pre-order. The call center was extremely noisy and all the reps were talking loud in the background trying to answer questions. The rep told me that due to the volume of people cancelling their pre-orders today that they were being funneled to supervisors to handle and that I would get a case number.

I asked why so many people were cancelling and the rep sighed and said "Because BIO-WARE(how he said it lol) mishandled the launch. This is not our fault". I laughed and told him good luck.

He re-iterated that this was not EA's fault and that I would receive a promo code for a discount on my next purchase.

Thank you for ordering from Origin. At your request, or at the request of the fulfiller and/or the manufacturer, the following was canceled from your order.

Product Name Qty Ordered Reason for Cancellation

STAR WARS(T 1 Not Satisfied

I find this all funny because EA, the worst game related company I have ever dealt with and I avoid at every opportunity is angry at Bioware.

I knew I wouldn't get in the first day and I redeemed my code 7/28. All I was expecting was a little more information about how the Early Access was going. What day they got through and how well the servers were handling the load. I also would have liked an ETA on when I could possibly get my invite. A little heads up would have been nice. Instead you got people sitting at their computers all day refreshing their inbox all the time. Then you have a lot of people reporting that their servers are only at light/standard load. What does BW expect to happen at actual launch when a lot more people are expecting to get on all at once?

This Early Access thing sounds like just another stress test to me. Even one of the updates a Dev posted contradicted itself when first they said it wasn't a stress test than next couple of paragraphs down said it was and needed to watch server stability. Really? I thought they did plenty of stress tests already. How could they have not seen this happening and worked out a better plan for waves of people? It's not like they didn't have enough MMOs to model after. It seems to me they were just rushing to make a deadline, and were a little clumsy and added a couple more days to Early Access to make us think they were being nice, but in reality it was to do some further stress testing.

Honestly I think it would have been much better to have Early Access be random, let people know when to expect to be in ( a ball park estimate), and put guilds in at the same time. The point of being in a guild after all is doing things together. How can you do anything together if you're leveling at different times? Some people would have to wait for the others to catch up. To me that defeats the purpose of their guild program. They should have sent in a few guilds each wave along with other players to fill in the gaps.

It all just seems to me that they didn't really have a clue what they were doing.

they knew exactly what they were doing.....bad publicity is free publicity

They ended to early.....you should as a multi million dollar company have staff on hand 24/7 rolling invites out....welllllll 24/7 if you dont think they could easily afford it your joking yourself.....they should have atleast made it to august because once the 5 day mark hits EVERYONE WILL EXPECT TO WANNA BE IN...after the 5 day mark people gon rage son

I had EA call me back so I could cancel one of my pre-orders. My guildies are split on how to proceed and some are backing out since some of us pre-ordered day 1 and are not in while others ordered a few weeks later are in and lvl 40.

So anyways, I talked to EA about cancelling one pre-order. The call center was extremely noisy and all the reps were talking loud in the background trying to answer questions. The rep told me that due to the volume of people cancelling their pre-orders today that they were being funneled to supervisors to handle and that I would get a case number.

I asked why so many people were cancelling and the rep sighed and said "Because BIO-WARE(how he said it lol) mishandled the launch. This is not our fault". I laughed and told him good luck.

He re-iterated that this was not EA's fault and that I would receive a promo code for a discount on my next purchase.

I find this all funny because EA, the worst game related company I have ever dealt with and I avoid at every opportunity is angry at Bioware.

thank you...i just moved up another place in line....your contribution to my cause has been noted and appreciated.

everything.......my post was an answer to another post.........4 and 12........sarcasm as in who the hack really knows.......sarcasm......are you related to sheldon from big bang theory?

Oh man, it's even funny to read your frustration behind the lines.

If that is true you just made my day :D

ok from what I being reading last wave of day 1 ended on people who pre order up to july 27

so i guess invetes will go something like this if they keep the same pace

13th july

14th july-august

15th august-september

16th september-october

17th october-november

18th november-december

19th december

this is funny though i am angry with Bioware the fact that you have EA that to my memory has never launched a MMO or game that hasn't ended up mostly dead by the end of a year.

shrug this could be serious issues and if there are 40s day one say you take time to 50 next day it would be 80 days to PL all your slots you can use to max level.. OPPS:eek:

called it in beta, this staggered launch thing would go over as smooth as a t@#$ in a punchbowl once they went live. kudos for listening to your testers BW, you get a gold star :sy_lightside:

and a TON of angry subs..and we arent even at the "official" launch date. blowing the doors right off of every mmo ever released so far

Edited by Crohadan

ok from what I being reading last wave of day 1 ended on people who pre order up to july 27

13th july

14th july-august

15th august-september

16th september-october

17th october-november

18th november-december

19th december

your theory.....while earnest in its attempt......is not correct...please allow me to explain.

As stated in a twitter post earlier today, a very very large spike happened on pre orders back in july, therefore there are far more pre orders from the few days in july, than the totality of any other month.

Your theory represents an equal amount of pre orders for every month....your theory also represents a representation of knowledge that is not readily available for public digestion.

In simple words....your theory is nonsense......move along...nothing to see here....move along....move along.

13th july

14th july-august

15th august-september

16th september-october

17th october-november

18th november-december

19th december

lol might be longer considering the issues arising atm since i could foresee them having to do something drastic.

in a way they should have just left it and did full launch on launch day and the issues could have been at least less prominent

i was told the other day that after 25th level you slow down but as i thought at first they went a little too far on the level balance <last beta i said the game needed to require more XP but got flamed by players as that wouldn't be fair to casuals>

EVERYONE WILL EXPECT TO WANNA BE IN...after the 5 day mark people gon rage son

So no one took the faq serious then ?

These must be the some poeple who purchased a house with a adjustable rate mortage not understanding the fine print on what a adjustable rate is, scary isn't it?

Relax people i know, i want to play early access also but i knew i might not get it as fast as i like.Did they mishandle the the prelaunch yes it seems they did , **** happens.

i see why people are upset and they need to get over it. Glad that you accept it. You have little choice in the matter other than canceling your pre-order and moving on. I did negate most of your points with one statement: They paid first. They get to play first. You have no right to be mad, honestly. The people who are upset have no right to be upset. Oh no i might actually get to play on the 15th even though i waited until november to pre-order this game! Kudos to bw/ea for moving up early access to the 13th. Kudos to bw/ea for staggering launch to ensure population balance and server stability. Kudos to bw/ea for angering this instant gratification/entitlement generation and providing me with hours of entertainment outside of the game.

I don't think it was a poor idea. I think it was a great idea. I'm glad you'd rather face the long queues, server crashes, server migrations/combinations that have happened with other large-scale mmos. I'm glad that bw/ea were thinking ahead and decided to go with this launch system to avoid many of the problems that come with launching a game.

Give people an inch and they want a mile.

bump!!!

There's really THAT many people quitting the game... *** is wrong with people. Who cares if getting into the game a little early is difficult. Did you play the Beta? This game is AMAZING. The detail and effort put into the characters and story and background is something you don't get with MMOs. It's DAY ONE. This is something they didn't realize, it'll be fixed before the 20th...

I'm not raging or anything about how this Early Access is going. I'm just kinda disappointed because they couldn't tell us when we should expect EGA. I find myself staring at the forums trying to find out when I could get my hands on EGA.