About Ninjas

Jetflair

This last week I've seen more ninjas than ever before.

In flashpoints people need items for their companions despite group has players that are more suitable.

In Blackoles and mission areas they pickup mission items front of players that are clearing mobs.

Not sure what could be done to latter but could we get somekind of limitations what is needed?

Like WoW where you can only need if item is suitable for your class.

Its pretty annoying to spend 30 minutes, an hour or more just so that in the end somebody takes items for his companion or needs just for being greedy.

Also dropping out of warzones should have cooling period like finder has. I've seen people leaving game in warzones while they were guarding turret alone in Civil War. Which is really freaking annoying.

Some rules and sanctions are needed.

Drops

People "needing" on drops aren't Ninjas, they are something else, and it's easy enough to kick them out of the flashpoint or just everyone need on everything after you see it happen the first time. Only thing that might be an issue are, say, World Boss drops but then whoever is organizing it should just be smart and set to Master Looter.

Black Hole Ninjas

So what? Your name isn't on the object, it's sitting there in the open for anyone to get it. My advice to you is to start the fight, immediately click objective and "get it", then finish fight. You won't die in the 1.5s it takes to obtain it. This is NOT a problem at all and doesn't need any kind of "rule or sanction". Ten months ago this *might* have been an issue when it took 10 minutes for a box to respawn but they changed that to almost instant respawns, which I think is a huge mistake, so even if you do get "your" objective ninja'd, it comes back right way so just deal with it.

Warzones

I agree, sort of, with a Warzone lockout for leaving. The only reason I leave is when, in the first minute, I know we're fighting yet another premade and can tell right away we have no chance. My solution to this would be to limit group size to TWO players for PUG Warzones, THREE or more and you get automatically put into ranked or at least play vs another PUG team with a similar makeup. Trying to have some sort of "gear check" matchup would be too complicated since most people have a variety of gear on. But at least try and do something about premades cuz even a "weak" premade on team speak can handle a "good" PUG team.

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what a "loot" ninja is.

No..

The term "loot ninja" originated in EQ-- where anyone could loot a killed mob after a certain amount of time. "Ninjas" would sneak up and take all the loot even if they weren't part of the group that killed it.

In present day a ninja would be someone that sets to master looter and takes all the gear for themselves and disbands the party.

Rolling need on an item does not a ninja make.

No..

The term "loot ninja" originated in EQ-- where anyone could loot a killed mob after a certain amount of time. "Ninjas" would sneak up and take all the loot even if they weren't part of the group that killed it.

In present day a ninja would be someone that sets to master looter and takes all the gear for themselves and disbands the party.

No, but if you don't need that item and someone in your group does then it makes you total jerk who should get suspended for a week.

A jerk maybe. That's subjective though.

What if I need an enhancement whereas you could use the armoring, mod, and enhancement of a piece of gear? I still *need* it. Most of the time it's at this level that there are disagreements. I personally agree with letting the dice land where they will.

In flashpoints people need items for their companions despite group has players that are more suitable.

In Blackoles and mission areas they pickup mission items front of players that are clearing mobs.

Not sure what could be done to latter but could we get somekind of limitations what is needed?

Its pretty annoying to spend 30 minutes, an hour or more just so that in the end somebody takes items for his companion or needs just for being greedy.

Also dropping out of warzones should have cooling period like finder has. I've seen people leaving game in warzones while they were guarding turret alone in Civil War. Which is really freaking annoying.

I dunno about ninjas and stuff, but I wholeheartedly agree with locking people out if they drop a warzone.

No..

I played EQ, I know the origin. I believe the main idea holds true as the definition has evolved (or devolved) along with the games themselves. That idea being the looting without permission or implied permissions. I stand by my statement. Thanks for the feedback though. :)

It can do like GW 1.Item can be picked up only by a specific person.It worked.It might not be a item a person could use on that specific chr but most likely could be used by one of his other chrs.

I played EQ, I know the origin. I believe the main idea holds true as the definition has evolved (or devolved) along with the games themselves. That idea being the looting without permission or implied permissions. I stand by my statement. Thanks for the feedback though. :)

If a player can roll on an item, he has permission. That permission was granted by the devs. Are you so entitled that you think you trump the devs?