The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Interference with missions

BanRau

I was getting ready to finish the last Combat Mission for the Jedi Knight when someone I didn't see on the outskirts of the area came rushing in and prevented me from completing the mission by myself. I went to restart the mission and accidentally restarted the mission where I got my light-saber instead of the Combat Mission where I was facing the Mark V Drone. When I play this game, I don't need help with anything unless I ask for it. I don't like playing this game when there are more than 100 people on the server I'm playing on for this very reason.

I was getting ready to finish the last Combat Mission for the Jedi Knight when someone I didn't see on the outskirts of the area came rushing in and prevented me from completing the mission by myself. I went to restart the mission and accidentally restarted the mission where I got my light-saber instead of the Combat Mission where I was facing the Mark V Drone. When I play this game, I don't need help with anything unless I ask for it. I don't like playing this game when there are more than 100 people on the server I'm playing on for this very reason.

So, you reset the wrong mission instead of clicking on the terminal to spawn the droid again?

Uh...yeah.

You don't need to restart your character, you just need to click the terminal for the Mark V Drone. They respawn after they have been used, about 5 minutes I think.

Way to flip out, though. Nothing was wrecked for you, you only needed a little patience, which you seem to have none of.

Good luck to you.

Uh...yeah.

You don't need to restart your character, you just need to click the terminal for the Mark V Drone. They respawn after they have been used, about 5 minutes I think.

Way to flip out, though. Nothing was wrecked for you, you only needed a little patience, which you seem to have none of.

Good luck to you.

Doesn't even take 5 mins. Just run to another training circle. There is always one open.

To everyone that said I didn't have anything wrecked and that I need to have patience, I have something to say; You weren't there. I had just created my Lightsaber and was getting ready to do the last Combat Mission before heading to the Jedi Council for the close of my training on Tython. I spent all of that time getting to that point only to have some jerk do my mission for me when I didn't require any assistance. You don't spend all of your time building a character only to have someone else do your missions for you, missions that you are supposed to do yourself.

To everyone that said I didn't have anything wrecked and that I need to have patience, I have something to say; You weren't there. I had just created my Lightsaber and was getting ready to do the last Combat Mission before heading to the Jedi Council for the close of my training on Tython. I spent all of that time getting to that point only to have some jerk do my mission for me when I didn't require any assistance. You don't spend all of your time building a character only to have someone else do your missions for you, missions that you are supposed to do yourself.

You are going to be re-rolling a lot if it irks you that bad when someone helps.

Since you're re-rolling anyway, may I suggest switching to an APAC server. I always see them complaining that no one is around so you should have no problems with people interfering with your missions.

You were only lvl 9/10 when you restarted so it shouldn't take long to relevel.

Even if they killed the droid, it should have completed the mission for you, provided you were the one who activated the console. Yes it is annoying when someone does that, but they can't actually stop you from completing the mission, so you don't have to reset the mission, let alone reset the wrong one.

Edited by AlexDougherty

I am utterly confused about what your complaint entails. As far as my experience goes, there is really no way another player can 'ruin' anything for you so that it forces you to re-roll your character.

If you are that upset by someone's interference on the starting planet, may I suggest that you will be furious throughout your gaming experience in SWTOR. Try and just roll with it and not get so upset.

Honestly, maybe I am missing something, but why did you have to start your character over?

I have yet to see someone ruin my mission or stop me from completing my mission on anything I do. They may take some of the objective but it doesnt' mess your mission up other than having to wait for it to respawn.

If you didn't get credit for the combat mission from my experience all you have to do is move to another spot and click on the box to have the droid come out. There really isn't a reason for you to restart your character.

This will happend from time to time in the game. It is best to learn patience and to double check the area to be sure there is no one else there.

I am utterly confused about what your complaint entails. As far as my experience goes, there is really no way another player can 'ruin' anything for you so that it forces you to re-roll your character.

If you are that upset by someone's interference on the starting planet, may I suggest that you will be furious throughout your gaming experience in SWTOR. Try and just roll with it and not get so upset.

Honestly, maybe I am missing something, but why did you have to start your character over?

I think.... the OP's complaint was that someone finished off his Mark 5 droid kill, and so he went to reset it to do it again, and reset his class mission instead (he was on his way to hand in at the Jedi Temple, having forged his lightsabre).

As you cannot easily regain a class mission once abandoned it meant he felt he had to start his character from the beginning.

I think.

Edited by Zylaro

I think.... the OP's complaint was that someone finished off his Mark 5 droid kill, and so he went to reset it to do it again, and reset his class mission instead (he was on his way to hand in at the Jedi Temple, having forged his lightsabre).

As you cannot easily regain a class mission once abandoned it meant he felt he had to start his character from the beginning.

I think.

Ooooh, I misunderstood, then. If he's a new player, I can see how this would be frustrating.

Sorry that happened, OP. On the bright side, it really doesn't take very long to get through the starting zone.

If he reset his class mission, all he had to do was redo the last step of his class mission, not start over. The function is there so you don't have to return to the questgiver to pick it up again, just reset it to beginning of mission out in the field. It sounds like he just reset the lightsaber mission, and only needed to do it again, not re-roll. Re-setting a mission does not remove it from your quest log, so he has no gripe about not being able to pick it up again. Also, you cannot abandon missions, the function isn't available to do so for class missions.

All he needed to do was click another control box to summon another Mark V Droid for the Tython droid combat missions, or abandon the droid combat mission he had for the Mark V, pick it up again, and fight the droid himself.

Instead, he threw a tantrum, anger-mashed his reset button without looking at what he was doing, and came here to rage about it.

He has no legitimate gripe, unless he wants to complain about his anger issues, but even then, he has no one to blame but himself.

Re-rolls his toon. That's just silly.

Edited by CaptRavenous

So look, you're new at this and have some stuff to get the hang of. No one actually messed with you, but you're lack of familiarity with the environment and UI caused a normal run-in with another PC to become a huge headache for you, which admittedly sucks.

You're just pissed off about the wrong things. You don't need to restart your character or reroll or whatever. It is almost impossible for another player to do any more than delay your quest progression by a few minutes (at most). Even that is just when they kill the targets you were after and you have to wait for respawn. The only reason to abandon a mission is when you have no intention of doing it any time soon and you need to free up some mission slots (i.e. you're close to 25 missions in your log).

So relax and, next time something goes wrong for you, just ask for help. If you're civil people around here can be remarkably helpful.

Umm if you dont like playing a online game with people on the same server as you are why are you playing a MMO ? Just asking ?