The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Put content in the CC market.

Sorenia

Mekab is frankly way too cheap for what it's offering. There are many of us who would pay a lot of money to get the content/updates forking out much faster. In contrast I'm not spending a dime on vanity items.

SWTOR is a unique F2P game because it has a very large audience (much larger than other F2P games) and that audience is attracted to unique brand of content SWTOR possess. It should be easy to see that you could capitalize on that. Of course a very vocal minority will complain that it's not part of the sub but for the most part "Shut up and take my money" is what most people are feeling.

Nope, sorry. They start adding content to the Cartel without it being free for subs and you may as well kill the game now (at least for me). I subscribe for a reason and it's not to be nickeled and dimed for bits of content (or anything else) that I should be getting for my sub money.

Nope, sorry. They start adding content to the Cartel without it being free for subs and you may as well kill the game now (at least for me). I subscribe for a reason and it's not to be nickeled and dimed for bits of content (or anything else) that I should be getting for my sub money.

It's not nickled and dimed. It costs too much to make that stuff.

I suspect they will go this way. Now I am not an expert on how BW is set up but if the statments are true the Cartel Market is run as a seperate team right now. And right now they are all being cheared people claim to be spending over $1000 a month on Cartel coins (thats 50 subs right there) but think about what they have put on the market, Outfits, speeders and lotto boxes with some cool items and a load of crap. Eventually there will be so many outfits and a lot of the good ones will have been done and people wont need any more speeders. They will have to keep people buying and they will need more than just the same outfit with a new hat, hell this entire section of the forum is to find out what we will spend cash on. Eventually they will have done outfits, mounts animal and speeder, alien species, barber shops, class respec and every cool item they can think of and will need to release new areas, content and ships. I think this will happen but might be some time off. Edited by Izorii

It's not nickled and dimed. It costs too much to make that stuff.

Wow, that really changed my mind - not. Like I said, I pay a sub for a reason. That reason is so that I don't have to worry about stuff like that. Expansions I don't mind paying for. It's expected. And If they want to put those on the Cartel Market, more power to them. But minor content that should come in patches between expansions, no.