Community Votes on Next Expanision or Update

Ariarh

My point is that it isn't content when you have to repeat the same things you are already doing just to level up reputation.

Granted they are adding more dailies for specific factions or whatever, but that's a days worth of new content.

Cosmetic Gear should not be a highlight of a release, nor a days worth of content. As I previously posted, great your adding new stuff, but it's not really much of anything, "half eaten sandwich". Hold off until there is actual substance to an update. For me, my opinion mind you, it just seems that update 1.8 will be "Now My Pants Are Blue", pink colored pants available soon on the CM.

I have already pre-ordered "Rise of the Hutt Cartel", so I'm still going to play, I'm just reacting to yet another, my opinion mind you, poor decision from EA.

If you are going to release updates as content every 4 - 6 months, I don't remember the actual cycle they quoted, but the content should be repeatable and playable at least half way through to the next cycle. Don't you think?

~J

They promised every 6 weeks there would be content updates for us

I dont think they have ever hit their own targetted timeframe once even.

My point is that it isn't content when you have to repeat the same things you are already doing just to level up reputation.

According to EAware it is. They have even gone so far as to say that an item added to the CM Store is "content". EAware uses MMORPG terms we are used to in quite alien ways.

I agree with you this really isn't content. Rep grind "content" for instance in WoW has real ( and new) content associated with the rep grind! Recycling content that many don't like and forcing us to engage in that failed content really is poor game development. Phoning it in so to speak. :cool:

Edited by Urael

Granted they are adding more dailies for specific factions or whatever, but that's a days worth of new content.

Cosmetic Gear should not be a highlight of a release, nor a days worth of content. As I previously posted, great your adding new stuff, but it's not really much of anything, "half eaten sandwich". Hold off until there is actual substance to an update. For me, my opinion mind you, it just seems that update 1.8 will be "Now My Pants Are Blue", pink colored pants available soon on the CM.

I have already pre-ordered "Rise of the Hutt Cartel", so I'm still going to play, I'm just reacting to yet another, my opinion mind you, poor decision from EA.

If you are going to release updates as content every 4 - 6 months, I don't remember the actual cycle they quoted, but the content should be repeatable and playable at least half way through to the next cycle. Don't you think?

~J

Their content cycle goal is every 6-8 weeks, which they have been hitting, with the exception of this next one because of the holidays.

A 6-8 week content update cycle does not give much room for a ton of content, but it is something new. Besides, you are acting like this is the only thing we are getting with the new update. 1.7 will bring a new event, new content on Ilum (including the revamped pvp zone, i believe) AND a reputation system. The rep system got its own blog post because it is a new system that many people had questions about. Better to get it all out there in 1 post where everyone can see it rather than answering individual questions on the forums.

Edited by Cmdluke

They promised every 6 weeks there would be content updates for us

I dont think they have ever hit their own targetted timeframe once even.

They said 6-8 weeks and sure they did. they hit that goal with every update last year after they announced the goal. the only reason they missed the goal now is because of the holidays, but they said to expect a delay in the updates due to the break.

Edited by Cmdluke

Greetings Community,

As a fan of Star Wars, and of SWTOR, I think that after the latest post for update 1.7 the community should step in. Unless EA and those working on SWTOR want to see this game go the way of the "DODO", I think the next update should be community driven. SWTOR should come up with a list of update features they were planning on doing, and let the community vote. As a multiple subscriber, the prestige grind update is unacceptable.

If you want to see a good example of the community helping to drive the content, and growing their player base, take a look at EVE. The CSM was a great way to link the community to the game. I'm not saying SWTOR should do the same thing, but obviously marketing and the dev team's minds have gone walk about. This is still a business and development costs are always a factor, but please save your lunch money to release something better than a half eaten sandwich.

`J

Would never work because everyone would want something different.

Maybe you dont like 1.7 but I bet a lot of other people do.

Edited by Monoth

Their content cycle goal is every 6 weeks, which they have been hitting, with the exception of this next one because of the holidays.

A 6 week content update cycle does not give much room for a ton of content, but it is something new. Besides, you are acting like this is the only thing we are getting with the new update. 1.7 will bring a new event, new content on Ilum (including the revamped pvp zone, i believe) AND a reputation system. The rep system got its own blog post because it is a new system that many people had questions about. Better to get it all out there in 1 post where everyone can see it rather than answering individual questions on the forums.

I know that you don't believe that their development time is 6 weeks from start to finish. Their release schedule may say they are releasing something every 6 weeks or so, but that's not necessarily something they just started working on. Besides, look at the patch notes again, only the last 2 updates are near that mark, 1.5 and 1.6.

Secondly, I'm not in marketing, but as a consumer, if someone tells you they have the next best thing coming out with features x, y, and z, don't you think they would start with their best feature to hook the consumer?

I'm not trying to be selfish for what I want to see, although it would be fun once, but just implant the idea yet again that the community has a voice, and we are willing to work with the devs. This is a two way street, especially as a game and source for entertainment. If they cannot provide a service that people are willing to pay for, we all lose out.

My two cents

~J

I know that you don't believe that their development time is 6 weeks from start to finish. Their release schedule may say they are releasing something every 6 weeks or so, but that's not necessarily something they just started working on. Besides, look at the patch notes again, only the last 2 updates are near that mark, 1.5 and 1.6.

Secondly, I'm not in marketing, but as a consumer, if someone tells you they have the next best thing coming out with features x, y, and z, don't you think they would start with their best feature to hook the consumer?

I'm not trying to be selfish for what I want to see, although it would be fun once, but just implant the idea yet again that the community has a voice, and we are willing to work with the devs. This is a two way street, especially as a game and source for entertainment. If they cannot provide a service that people are willing to pay for, we all lose out.

My two cents

~J

Of course I don't think they create content in 6 weeks. They announced the release window would be starting with TFB which was 1.4. they have been true to their word on hitting that goal.

I think the rep system is something that doesn't have mystery or story attached to it so it is something they can talk about in detail. There is a reason we are going back to ilum and what is happening with the Gree. They don't want to spoil these parts of the next update. I'm not too interested in a rep system, but I'm excited to see what else 1.7 has to bring. I was not at all surprised they chose to detail this new system rather than what else is coming.

I suppose releasing too much of the truth behind the story on what's coming with Illum would ruin it, but I really wish they would focus on something else, just personally.

A quality of life update focused on lag and other issues would be a nice gesture, don't you think? I think the community would be extremely greatful for that.

~J

I suppose releasing too much of the truth behind the story on what's coming with Illum would ruin it, but I really wish they would focus on something else, just personally.

A quality of life update focused on lag and other issues would be a nice gesture, don't you think? I think the community would be extremely greatful for that.

~J

I'm sure it would be. I'm not super hyped on Ilum myself, but its something that was broken pretty early on and that they have promised for a long time. people have been waiting for this forever.

I'm sure it would be. I'm not super hyped on Ilum myself, but its something that was broken pretty early on and that they have promised for a long time. people have been waiting for this forever.

I agree, I've been playing since closed Beta and the open world PVP on Illum was a huge draw for me. So let's hope third times a charm.

Not to fall off topic...

Yes to Community input on future updates and expansions :)

~J

I agree, I've been playing since closed Beta and the open world PVP on Illum was a huge draw for me. So let's hope third times a charm.

Not to fall off topic...

Yes to Community input on future updates and expansions :)

~J

Quite frankly in a thread about voicing opinion. Your open discussions are on topic! :)