The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Legacy Wide Datacrons

ARagingNoob

MANY people would pay for this and avoid the pain of getting on every alt. Exceptions for this would probably just be Matrix Shards and possibly the +10 Datacron (good for the community to get together and do this)

Can't say that our alts shouldn't have all those stats as soon as they're created since they can be carried through areas to get them anyways already, with the exception of the Voss Endurance Datacron.

MANY people would pay for this and avoid the pain of getting on every alt. Exceptions for this would probably just be Matrix Shards and possibly the +10 Datacron (good for the community to get together and do this)

Can't say that our alts shouldn't have all those stats as soon as they're created since they can be carried through areas to get them anyways already, with the exception of the Voss Endurance Datacron.

I've never actually bothered to look for the Datacrons simply because the idea of doing it each time for over 24 characters is something I find laughable. Would gladly pay for it to be Legacy wide, even though paying for it smells like extortion to me.

/support

+ 1 for this. All minus the +10

This was also promised to us just after 1.2 by some Dev that should be on soon. 10 months have passed and still nothing. Hope we have it soon.

Awesome to see how DEVs supposedly say about anything. I certainly can't recall this, as is usual for such claims.

And I'm dead against this. A few datacrons are frustrating because of jumps that easily mess up with just a minor bit of latency, but those datacron trips should be fixed to work properly.

The fact is, most datacrons take less than 5 minutes to aquire, and are placed very close to mission objectives. Such datacrons should NEVER be "legacy" found. Really, what's so hard about walking around the wall right opposite the shuttle on your starter planet? And most datacrons are just like that: walk up to them and grab them. If you can't do that, then yes, you're LAZY. If min/maxing is soooo important to you, then spending a few minutes on a datacron is peanuts compared to spending hours grinding for some 27-mod or piece of BH/DG/EWH.

I disagree with with this suggestion. Datacron runs are not a novelty toy or a convince feature. They directly affect your in-game performance by changing your stats. Anything that changes your stats to your combat should never be part of the Cartel market.

I support this. It might even mean I do more holocrons currently I did all the willpower and endurance ones (expect one really crap one on Trais which was just full of insane jumps) because they benfits my main. I also hate deaths its kinda stupid of me but I really hatre dying in a game and would love to play through and never die having to do 6 insane leaps tends to lead to deaths and not having to do them on a new character would be nice.

I could even get behind buuying holocrons from the cartel market I know this smells like pay to win but why not sell them. They are in game and it would be easy to code and would mean free money to BW who could then put it into game enchancements.And it just saves people with jobs and familys the hassle of waiting 2 hours for a baloon.

Edited by Izorii

I disagree with with this suggestion. Datacron runs are not a novelty toy or a convince feature. They directly affect your in-game performance by changing your stats. Anything that changes your stats to your combat should never be part of the Cartel market.

The fact is that the cartel market already has items that affect stats on it.

One of the old Q&As, but that was just a "definitely going to think about it" answer.

Exactly. Sentences like "we'll think about it", "we're discussing" and "we're considering" are VERY commonly used by Bioware employees, and they mean just that. They are not promises, not even veiled promises, no matter how much some people like to read them as such.

@Asherall, again Ill ask how you justify HK-51 being up for grabs with cartel coins? I suggest that Datacrons are unlocked in exactly the same fashion as HK; both are only Cartel available if one character on the legacy has obtained it already. Buying out HK is as you say lazy but it's in the market, why shouldn't Datacrons receive the same treatment? You have said they give us a minimal benefit in terms of stats so its not a P2W issue.

@Jasil, how do you justify cartel crystals? They give +41 end/crit/power to characters at level 10 and above. The crystals give lowbies and edge, especially the endurance ones, two will give +82 endurance/ 820 HP which after buffs and talents give you roughly about 1k HP, and even more in wzs due to bolster.