Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

50 Operative -- ask away

jbrdude

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it worth playing operative dps at end game ? how is operative (concealment) dps in operations ? and is it comparable to sniper dps ?

Same as previous post -- I think its too subjective to know until we get those personal combat logs in. From what I can tell, we seem quite good.

This... you dont seem to want to post a link to builds for some reason...

I change it all the time. My latest build I've been testing is:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/imperial_agent/operative/#::e5fe10fe2f19ef6ef8ef4:

Lots of possibilities though -- I recommend playing around with it and adjusting it to your playstyle.

For PVE I'd probably drop pin down, maybe energy screen.. might pick up corrosive microbes and lethal injectors.

Edited by jbrdude

I change it all the time. My latest build I've been testing is:

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/imperial_agent/operative/#::e5fe10fe2f19ef6ef8ef4:

Lots of possibilities though -- I recommend playing around with it and adjusting it to your playstyle.

For PVE I'd probably drop pin down, maybe energy screen.. might pick up corrosive microbes and lethal injectors.

Thanks for the link... great post... i can see your point about pin down and energy screen... probably not needed too much in PvE... that is the kind of feedback and discussion i am looking for... thanks again for build... I take it you max out concealment first right? to get to acid blade as fast as possible?

Thanks

Thanks for the link... great post... i can see your point about pin down and energy screen... probably not needed too much in PvE... that is the kind of feedback and discussion i am looking for... thanks again for build... I take it you max out concealment first right? to get to acid blade as fast as possible?

Thanks

Yeah -- or you could go into Razor Edge first and then work up to Lacerate and respec -- the game changes once you get lacerate. Your goal is really Hidden Strike ;)

More of a superficial question but not asked yet. Which crew skill did you choose? I am more interested in crafting. Did you chose Armstech for weapons and if so, anything work crafting to help the leveling experience? What choice did you select and was it beneficial to leveling?

Thank you.

I am interesting in doing make PVE end game Operative DPS. anyone know any specs or rotations for that. All I find for end game operative are PVP or Healing.

I'd say that no one knows for sure the min/max way for PVE raid dps -- as without combat logs there is a lot of conjecture. There are some seemingly good things to do...

Stack your buffs, unload, vanish, do it again, drop your threat, always fill in empty space with free shots, use no cost backstab, keep up dart and stim boost, etc.

It will be interesting once we have our own logs so we can do some real testing.

More of a superficial question but not asked yet. Which crew skill did you choose? I am more interested in crafting. Did you chose Armstech for weapons and if so, anything work crafting to help the leveling experience? What choice did you select and was it beneficial to leveling?

Thank you.

Biochem for sure. Best pvp and pve end game. Use bioanalysis to bring biochem up to 400. Slicing used to be awesome -- now its just ok. In all honesty, its probably faster to not worry about crafting until you are 50 and have 6 companions to level crafting up fast.

Biochem for sure. Best pvp and pve end game. Use bioanalysis to bring biochem up to 400. Slicing used to be awesome -- now its just ok. In all honesty, its probably faster to not worry about crafting until you are 50 and have 6 companions to level crafting up fast.

I'd say take bioanalysis, crystal harvesting and scaveging until you make level 40ish. Sell what you get in world to crafters on the GTN. Since its free. You can keep what you harvest for biochem. Then start worrying about diplomacy/biochem leveling as said to 50.

That should provide you additional income. Around 40 you prolly want to start getting ready to level it.

• 3 months later...

You'd think there would be some post 1.2 analysis. Anyone?

I've just rolled an alt agent and am looking to play operative. The thread has been a good read (I have no problem skimming over the hater/trolls) but I'm curious about how people have changed their play after 1.2.

You'd think there would be some post 1.2 analysis. Anyone?

I've just rolled an alt agent and am looking to play operative. The thread has been a good read (I have no problem skimming over the hater/trolls) but I'm curious about how people have changed their play after 1.2.

So you resurect a post from january? Look appreciate the research and the fact you clearly used a search tool but the question is overly broad and lacks precision. Try again perhaps in a new thread focusing your itnerest on pvP or PvE, levelling process or something else.

If you just wonder how we play i'ld recomend youtube and watch a few videos. post 1.2 is easily discernable by the UI.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.