On behalf of my Commando buds: green beam in pvp? change please

NwahsNirom

Lol, green ray of complete betrayal makes me laugh every time I see it. I completely pity commandos. LOL, ROFL...

..no, seriously... ....LOOOOL...

...heheheheeeee...

...this is the best Bioware prank ever!!

...let me catch my breath... ...pfffhueheheeee-mueheheeheeeeee, lol, rofl, lmao

I do have Merc and I was healing in 50s warzones. Funny thing is I hever ever use Hammer Shot. I simply don't run to full heat (out of ammo). If i do - which happens max 1-2 times per wz if I am burst healing ovel longer periods of time, I just use reserve. My average heal were 300-400 heals in normals sometimes reaching 600k. But I was only in unoptimized WH. I guess 2.0 is different, I haven't really got to levelling my merc yet.

...lol, greeen ray... ...most ridiculous thing in MMO I have seen so far...

Edited by Ed-ward

It's not the green beam that gets me to attack healing commando's, it's the same thing from every healer - the green cast bar over your head. The only reason it's a bit trickier to spot scoundrel healers is because they have a lot of instants and don't have a green cast bar over their head as often. Granted, I'm not sure if that's how everyone spots a healer, but sage and com healers alike are very easy to spot. Edited by genesiser

As a someone who rarely pvps at all because of getting killed on my commando as a Walter I feel like all of you are forgetting another wry important aspect of seeing that I heal. MY STANCE! Yes green beam says healer, yes green cast bar says healer, but only for commando/Merc can you target and say, "Oh, he is in that green cell, I should kill him first." I think there should be some change to this way of identifying me. Even when I lowbie pvp the first thig I do is check other troopers/bh's to see what spec they are. I understand other classes have cells/stances, but the other HEALING classes DON'T. IMO there is an imbalance in this, but that's my opinion...

• 3 weeks later...
No to removing green beam in PvP.

There is no good argument to say that people "detect you" easier if you use the green beam. People will discover you being a healer anyway. If a player is experienced enough to understand that it's smart to focus healers, then he will be experienced enough to separate a DPS/tank from a healer. And he will do that just as fast against a sorc/OP as if he saw a commando use green beam. If you get focused because the opponents are bad, and therefore you are the only healer they are able to detect, that is no excuse. Game animations shouldn't be changed based on people only being able to detect you. That's their own problem. Every healer will be detected just as fast against people who can play.

Wrong. The filler heal for the Commando is the big green beam, and it is seen across a warzone before any other heals are. You don't have to have the guy targeted to know the Commando is a healer, whereas the others in most cases you do need to have them targeted to know what they are casting/doing.

Edited by Zuato
Spelling

Imo the only problem with the green beam isn't the fact that it shows you are a healer. It's a straight line from you to the person you are healing - it also shows where you are. I.e. If I am able to LoS an attacker without LoSing the guy I'm healing and there are more than 1 places where I could be in, the green beam instantly tells the enemy where I am.

Imo the only problem with the green beam isn't the fact that it shows you are a healer. It's a straight line from you to the person you are healing - it also shows where you are. I.e. If I am able to LoS an attacker without LoSing the guy I'm healing and there are more than 1 places where I could be in, the green beam instantly tells the enemy where I am.

This. I don't much care if the enemy can see that I'm healing since they can basically do it anyway. I don't like having the equivalent of a bright *** green arrow pointing straight to me.

I play a Commando. I've stopped healing on him and play as DPS in Warzones. It's 100x more fun. The best way you and everyone else can make this petition heard is to stop playing a healing commando. Trust me, they will notice a lot faster if no one plays them. Edited by AGSThomas

Wrong. The filler heal for the Commando is the big green beam, and it is seen across a warzone before any other heals are. You don't have to have the guy targeted to know the Commando is a healer, whereas the others in most cases you do need to have them targeted to know what they are casting/doing.

No, you do not need to have them targeted to know what they are casting/doing at all. I repeat, you do not.

• 2 months later...