Proc Relic Question

Pubsam

So I got my Mara to 50 not terribly long ago, and he's been Carnage since 10. I like Carnage a lot, but understand Anni might be better on some fights. I tried respeccing and hit the dummy for a while and found Anni pretty boring. I'm tempted to just be like "I'm Carnage only, I don't care what the fight is!" but I also like to do my best, etc. So as a side question, any other Maras strongly prefer one spec over the other and stick to it? Even when you know you'd do better if you respecced? I tend to feel bad when I do that.

In other news, I have 300 daily comms, already have the power relic, and am not sure whether to get the energy or elemental proc relic. I've heard the energy one is BiS for Carnage and the other for Anni. Is this true? Debated but likely true?

I have also heard that while the energy one is BiS for Carnage, the elemental one is still pretty good and if you're ever sometimes Anni you should probably get that one. Obviously I'm not very fond of Anni, but I'm also a very flip floppy type and it's conceivable I'll try it again. My Mara is also my 3rd 50, so it's pretty unlikely I'll grind out 300 more comms any time soon.

So for the indecisive Mara who's mostly Carnage but could possibly go Anni sometimes and doesn't care to get both, energy or elemental?

The energy relic is theoretically BiS for Carnage, provided that it triggers during at least 2 Gore windows per minute (which it should).

The elemental relic is very strong on all three specs, and only a minute fraction worse than energy even for Carnage.

The difference between the two is smaller than the normal variation you'll see between parses.

I, for one, would go with the elemental first, and then decide later if you want to pick up an energy to min-max another couple of DPS for Carnage.

I can appreciate that you find Carnage more fun, but it definitely behooves any Marauder to be able to swap between all 3 specs on the fly, as each has their own distinct advantages and disadvantages. Rage is a trash-sweeper that is second to none, and the other two have particular fights where they stand out.