Darkness/madness hybrid

ripamorame

This is the standard one:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrozrskZzZf0cRrM.2

It takes advantage of the instant whirlwind and uses death field in the rotation quite regularly. It also uses the incidental use of maul procs.

I use a very similar spec:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrozrskrZzZf0cRb.2

I take advantage of the harder hitting force lightning (with 3 stacks of harnessed darkness) and the self heals. I do this because of using shock and thrash often enough. Which means I only use death field if I have recklessness up or I want to stop a cap. I also loose out on the instant whirlwind but keep the maul proc for some good damage upkeep, especially that I have 2 in Nerve wracking.

Thank you much appreciated with oppressing force and torment it looks like either is a filler is that the case as 2 less cost on thrash and 6 less on electrocute is not really that much but 10 seconds off would surely benefit more? Also taking a point from fanaticism and putting it into dark embrace would give you some nice out of stealth burst surely?

Thank you much appreciated with oppressing force and torment it looks like either is a filler is that the case as 2 less cost on thrash and 6 less on electrocute is not really that much but 10 seconds off would surely benefit more? Also taking a point from fanaticism and putting it into dark embrace would give you some nice out of stealth burst surely?

I find that opressing force doesn`t have as much benefit in PVP, especially as you have force shroud and other tools to shutdown your opponent anyway. Plus this game is called 'stun wars' for a reason, so you'll get full resolve in no time anyway.

Thrash and shock gobble up a lot of force to begin with so it's almost necessary. It's the unfortunate thing about the build, however procced shocks can and do hit hard.

You benefit from force regen in 'blood of sith' in the darkness tree. At this point it would depend on play style. If you were to put one in dark embrace, I wouldn't use death field as much into your rotation.

It seems to have a lot of variables such as premonition vs dark ward or even electric execution do you find youself moving these around? I was just thinking of taking one from premonition and putting it into dark ward as you spec into a few tanky talents and the stance benefits as well so surely a shield and the rest in dps gear would be just as good with a little more mitigation?

It seems to have a lot of variables such as premonition vs dark ward or even electric execution do you find youself moving these around? I was just thinking of taking one from premonition and putting it into dark ward as you spec into a few tanky talents and the stance benefits as well so surely a shield and the rest in dps gear would be just as good with a little more mitigation?

I do like the extra protection with premonition (as well as the extra stealth detection with node guarding). A lot of people don't pick up dark ward (and use a focus) because it doesn't protect from a lot. It only protects from white, melee and range damage. So that'll be your mms snipers, carnage marauders mostly. Myself, I use the shield but put dps mods into them so I get a little protection, while only loosing something like 80 bonus damage. Dark ward takes 10 force, and you'd have to include it in your rotation which may slow you down (again, depending on your play style).

I find that I can kill a mms sniper and carnage marauder quite fine though with my current gearing. Worst case scenario, I often use deflection to offer some protection when fighting them, otherwise when a sniper no longer has entrench up, they're as good as dead. and with carnage maras you just have to expect their cooldowns and to stun them while they are in the midst of using it.