--------------------------------

Rail shot on every proc

Unload (if up)

Power Shot (if up)

repeat until IM drops off, then reapply the above

and weave in Rapid shots to keep heat down

That is pretty much it for pve.

Edited by Choffware

There is no unload barrage proc for Pyro. We use unload to proc rail shot. Unload is pretty safe to use at a distance so it can be used early in the rotation. Late in the rotation you'll find it highly undesirable to stop moving and use unload.

Like the person above said, this is the basic rotation. However, mine differs in that I only open with Fusion Missile on opponents I know will be difficult. And I almost always use Fusion with Power Surge and Thermal Override.

Incendiary Missile (can be swapped with Thermal)

Thermal Detonator (can be swapped with IM)

Rail Shot

Unload

Rail Shot

**Situational - Power Shot / Fusion Missile / Rocket Punch / Run for your life and Rapid Shot**

Most of the time, I don't ever need or want to reapply Incendiary Missile to the target if they are near death. It ticks so slowly that if they are near death, its not much use. (Thus why I recommend dropping the Burnout skill box.)

Defensive Tips:

Only use Jet Boost and Electro Dart when a melee opponent is focusing on you. Always try to immediately KB or Stun when you are lept at. You can even use Degauss to get out of dodge. I almost always save these moves specifically for these situations. The only time I break the rule is to stun someone who is near death. But normally...its only for melee.

Also, use your Jet Boost for teammates. You hear/see a stealther pop out and knock someone down? Step over there and KB the stealther away from your dirt-napping teammate. Its important to do this within the first global cooldown or 2, before the opponent starts laying down the big hits. Hopefully they only get off a knockdown and/or stun.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Here is my rotation from another thread. I know other people have their own rotations that they like and that Pyro can be chaotic with procs. This is a rotation for the long haul with heat management in mind. This is off of a 3/7/31 build.

Rotation

Thermal Sensor Override, Fusion Missile, Explosive Dart, Incendiary Missile, Railshot, Rapid Shots,Thermal Detonator, Unload, *Railshot, Rapid Shots, Death from Above, Chaff Flare, Incendiary Missile, Rapid Shots, Thermal Detonator, Explosive Dart, Railshot, Unload, *Railshot, Rapid Shots, Incendiary Missile, Thermal Sensor Override, Power Surge, Fusion Missile.

* if unload does not proc a free Railshot do 2 quick back to back Powershots for the proc.

That is a long rotation. It is not set in stone as unload doesn't always proc a free Railshot. Also since explosive dart and thermal detonator no longer share a cooldown they can be stacked. The idea is to get Incendiary missile always up along with CGC as much as possible. Keeping both of those on target is key to high DPS. The above rotation is just a little longer than the cooldown on fusion missile. Its cooldown ends right around the 2nd unload but if you wait just a moment longer you will have Thermal Sensor up to get it free.

Remember to do Railshots before unloads to get the free Railshot. Use fusion missile whenever it is up (along with TSO). And you can stack explosive dart and thermal detonator. Don't be afraid to pop vent heat your cooldown in shortened as a pyrotech. Remember to try and throw rapid shots in after high heat abilities to refresh CGC and let your heat go down a little.

Andrunahl 50 Pyro Merc

Jung Ma

heat limit = 23

prio over heatlimit:

RAIL_proc

Fusion Missiles with Thermal Sensor Override

Rapid Shots

prio below heatlimit:

Incendiary Missile, if no chance to proc proto particle accelerator (6 sec rule)

Rail

Thermal Detonator, if no chance to proc proto particle accelerator (6 sec rule)

Full Auto only when proto particle accelerator is proc-able

Power Shot

TSO only and everytime with fusion missiles

Vent Heat as back up when PPA wont proc and you would like to overheat to force proc

skill-tree: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/mercenary#12-732-9eikdcck3

300 Surge, 264 crit, 300 accuracy, 896 Power, Aim Augments --> full buffed T5 = 2446 Aim

come around at 1900~2100 dps

You can't proc a railshot for 6s after the last one. So using Unload, with its high proc chance in that 6s is wasting it.

You can't proc it twice in 6 seconds, but since you can't use it twice in 6 seconds, how would the proc ever be wasted? Unless you just used Power Shot

1) Railshot

2) Power Shot (proc activates)

3) Railshot

4) Unload (<----cant proc here and is wasted)

Since no one uses Power Shot before Unload, I'm not seeing how the Unload proc chance can be wasted...?

Edited by DarthBloodloss

• 2 weeks later...
You can't proc it twice in 6 seconds, but since you can't use it twice in 6 seconds, how would the proc ever be wasted? Unless you just used Power Shot

1) Railshot

2) Power Shot (proc activates)

3) Railshot

4) Unload (<----cant proc here and is wasted)

Since no one uses Power Shot before Unload, I'm not seeing how the Unload proc chance can be wasted...?

Because Unload was on CD when you proc'd with a Powershot now you are in a 6d no-proc CD and you have Unload free which if used straight away is a wasted high proc chance.