Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

SWTOR Servers Seem Unpopulated

Thamelas

With all the instancing and phasing, SWTOR feels like a single player game just about everywhere you go.

I prefer this. nothing ruins your gaming experience more than being a powerful jedi, sitting with 20 other powerful jedi waiting for one whomp rat to spawn so you cna all jump on it to get credit

A lot of peaople say the servers are low capped to make more peaople join the low populated servers. Then after a while the cap will be raised. I dont know if this is true though only heard about it, does anyone know if this is a fact or just a myth running around the forum??

To be a full server it sure seems very unpopulated...

Just sayin...

You are aware of multiple instances of the same location and that many players are way past the noob zones right?

If your server has a wait you can be rest assured it has a lot of people playing on it.

You assume the population status is counting characters ingame. That is almost certainly an incorrect assumption.

For launch, they are balancing server population load (created characters, not logged in characters) by using queues. This will result in the best balance between servers for the long run.

A lot of peaople say the servers are low capped to make more peaople join the low populated servers. Then after a while the cap will be raised. I dont know if this is true though only heard about it, does anyone know if this is a fact or just a myth running around the forum??

I hope thats true cause I'm lvl 24 now on one of those pvp servers which use to be low-standard in population and now its one of those FULL pvp servers. >_<;; And I honestly cannot bother to re-roll the same toon on a different server.... and waiting in this queue is ridiculous....

Areas are sharded to avoid overpopulation and queuing for mob respawns...

Just sayin...

Yeah but there isent over population? ahaha the game is empty. All they need to do is increase the amount of people per server and per instance, also decrease spawn times. Don't get me wrong, fantastic game. But I just feel abit lonely in a 500 people instance and I can't find barely any players running around...

Just sayin...

You assume the population status is counting characters ingame. That is almost certainly an incorrect assumption.

For launch, they are balancing server population load (created characters, not logged in characters) by using queues. This will result in the best balance between servers for the long run.

People are odd. They will be pissing and moaning this week and next when the dust has settled all be content. Well almost all. ;)

Launching a MMO is like herding cats.

Look in the left hand corner of your screen, THAT is how many people on your server. The queues arent going anywhere for a few days until the new people get started on the new servers, THE END!

The Force is not strong in this one. That number is NOT the number of people on the entire server. lol That's the number of people in your particular instance on any given zone you are in.

Edited by BlackRifle

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.