Starting Areas for each class

xddx

trying to play with a few friends tonight, and we want to make sure we all start in the same zone - though we may not all be the exact same class.

what is the list of starting areas for each class ?

at what point do the different starting areas merge into the same planet ?

trying to play with a few friends tonight, and we want to make sure we all start in the same zone - though we may not all be the exact same class.

jedi knight and jedi consular together while smuggler and trooper together.

Two Sith classes are together while imp agent and bounty hunter together.

You probably have to split for first 10 levels.

Ord Mantell: Troopers and Smugglers

Tython: Jedi Knights and Jedi Consulars

Hutta: Imperial Agents and Bounty Hunters

Korriban: Sith Inquisitors and Sith Warriors

All classes merge upon leaving these planets for their factions' respective fleets.

• 1 year later...
Is there nothing more specific?

I was hoping for maps, so i know where to meet a friend when we start as knight and consular

You'll be able to meet each other literally after you walk out the door of the starting conversation.

You'll be able to meet each other literally after you walk out the door of the starting conversation.
Unless they end up in different instances of the planet. In which case they could be standing "on the exact same spot" but not be able to see each other.... Get together beforehand and make sure everyone knows what all the others' character names are. Then invite everyone into a group, get all switched to the same instance, and you'll be good to go.

I think it would be fun for four friends to start four troopers or bounty hunters. At level 10, one could spec into tanking and one into healing while the other two handle DPS. You'd have your very own Havoc Squad!

The same could be done with Consulars/Inquisitors.

Downside of the "everyone is a Trooper" approach is you will have to do all the Trooper story missions multiple times. You can check the box in your preferences to "Allow access to same class story areas", but only one person will be allowed to actually advance their story at a time. The others will be able to help kill stuff, but will be in "spectator mode" during conversations, and not able to advance their story while in someone else's story instance. (The alternative would be to disband the group and all go through the story instance solo every time you get to one, but that would be rather disruptive to the group dynamic, I think).

A group with players from all 4 base classes would still have 3 players in "spectator mode" during all the story conversations, but at least you wouldn't be going through the same instance, and seeing the same conversations, 4 times, every time.

It only takes a few hours or less to finish the starter planet, depending on how much stuff you skip (or don't skip). After that, the class stories all go through the same planets, in the same order, so in the long run I think it would be more fun for everyone to be different classes, and avoid all the repetition.

Edited by Adric_the_Red

After that, the class stories all go through the same planets, in the same order, so in the long run I think it would be more fun for everyone to be different classes, and avoid all the repetition.

That is not entirely true, at points in each story different classes go back to different planets that were already visited/done. For example:

At the start of chapter 2 for the trooper he/she must go back to Tattooine. On the other hand, the Consular has to go back to Nar Shaddaa.

But these "steps backward" are usually short so it is not that big a deal.

Other than that, I agree. I would suggest each player play a different class go through the starter planets in pairs and meet up at level 10 (or whatever level you are upon finishing the starter planet). But if two or more players want to play the same class obviously do not forbid it :).