Agent with 9% Energy Regen rate in tech tab

Kaidan_Samurai

Yesterday I saw an Agent on fleet and when I checked his stats I noticed his Energy regen rate (on the tech tab) was 9%, not the standard 5%. The mouse over tool tip said he had a 4% bonus. I’m sure of what I saw.

I’ve never seen this before but I did stop playing for about 4 months.

How do I get this bonus? I can’t seem to find anything that says you can do it. Most of what I have read says this is a static 5%.

Thanks for any input!

op or sniper? i know snipers have energy regen increasers, maybe he had this popped and that's what you saw.

I don't remember what the AC was. However, I've looked through every tree, and the only ones that affect energy are a number bonus. Combat Stims (Lethality) +5 energy when used or Snipers Nest (Markmanship) plus 1 per second while in cover. Unless I missed an ability? These are not a % bonus. This seems gear related or some other pick up that adds 4% to the 5% base.

For snipers there is an option on one of the skill trees to regen more energy by being in cover stance. He could also have poped a biochem altratricty adrenal which would boost his energy regen temporarily.

Not only is that a truly abominable spelling of the word alacrity but that stat doesn't boost regen at all.

You will have to excuse my spelling and I'll have to excuse your ignorance. The ability is called "Sniper's Nest" and it is located on the MM tree.

I never contended anything to do with sniper's nest, nor am I ignorant of it.

You claimed an alacrity adrenal could have increased his regen. This does not happen. All alacrity does is reduce activation time.

Edited by CaptainApop

What you were seeing was actually his alacrity percentage. It's a bug (you should notice, that the alacrity rating is empty when you inspect another player) and its been there since the beginning. Furthermore, the +4% you're seeing is actually your bonus, not his. Just another of those nice bugs that have not been addressed for over a year.

I never contended anything to do with sniper's nest, nor am I ignorant of it.

You claimed an alacrity adrenal could have increased his regen. This does not happen. All alacrity does is reduce activation time.

damn-it, he's right it doesn't effect energy regen.

Edited by GalaxyStrong

IIRC, there are two skills in the Marksman tree that might make this possible, first, "Sniper's nest" which gives you 1 extra energy per second while in cover, and Sniper volley, an active skill also in the Marksman tree that gives +50% energy regen when activated. Both of these, when active at the same time, would give him 9 energy regen.