Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Join Late Bonus Medals

Irawratih

Hi well we all know that leaving wz's after start causes problems for all those who have to fill in the missing spot, and 99 out of 100 times you get put into a losing or almost over wz. This causes the person who joined late to get no xp no medals, no valor and no credits many times.

So my proposal is to grant a automatic 2 medals if you join after wz has started. This prevents this problem it is a simple fix. Would i like other things to be done to prevent people from bailing on wz's yes. But every other suggestion on here becomes just a flame war.

I do not see this solution hurting anyone at all. so what do you guys think?

Don't we just need one medal to get xp/comms etc?

Either way. I'd support that. The 'reinforcements' medal. Though, just to make matters complicated, there should be min/max timers though. You can't get one if you're 30s-2 min late. That's still plenty of time to get a few medals. Conversely you shouldn't get one if you're dropped in the match with 30 seconds to go or so. That's really not enough time in your life that you 'wasted' in the WZ to warrant getting a free medal, comms, xp. It should be for that guy that drops in with 5 min to go or something to that effect.

In any event I always stay in those situations so, with or without the medal, it's no biggie for me.

Edited by Ridickilis

if you join so late as not to be able to earn just one medal, then you don't deserve the extra valor or comms from the match. those are achievement reward. you do, however, already receive participation credit. thus, win or lose, you get credit toward the daily. and in the case of a win, the weekly. that situation is fine as is.

what irks me is that ppl get dropped into WZs as backfill when the WZ is nearly over or just as backfill in a hopeless WZ. backfill is evil. it prolongs hopeless matches. sometimes, it gives easy wins to ppl who did nothing to contribute to said victory. very rarely, it leads to a turning of the tide in time to pull victory from the jaws of defeat. that's VERY RARE. the most common scenario is backfill into a hopeless WZ that prevents the WZ from terminating early due to lack of players.

solution: eliminate backfill. (ppl will always quit. you can try a quitter debuff, but that won't work. it didn't work in WoW either).

I aprove of this message. I would say though that the match should be atleast half over. <7 min left in hutt ball, <50% in Alderann, and Denova, after the start of stage 2 in Void star, AHG would be the hard one to tell what is half way but im sure a happy medium could be found:D

The main issues are with like Huttball when you join and its 4 or 5 to 0 and no chance of a medal. And the case of all three turrents being held by the other side with less then 100 points to go, so your choice is to try not to be farmed and hope for one kill. But i have also joined others to see the defeat window pop up a few seconds after the load screen ends. I still do not know why people quit a few seconds before the matches end.

I don't have a problem getting medals in these situations, but this isn't a terrible idea. In general if you can't get a medal in two minutes, you're doing something wrong, but this would make those times you load in to see the scoreboard a little bit less annoying.

So would not backfilling past a certain point, though.

solution: eliminate backfill. (ppl will always quit. you can try a quitter debuff, but that won't work. it didn't work in WoW either).

^ Maybe the worst idea I've ever heard for dealing with quitters / defender medal farmers, etc. Slightly worse even than informing people they are about to backfill when the queue pops.

Just give the backfiller all the medals of the dude he backfilled.

Edited by LarryRow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.