The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Changes I would like to see for the expansion

bbare

1.) Missile Blast should have some use. My idea would to reduce it's heat cost and allow you to spec into something in the shield tech tree which puts an armor or damage debuff on the target.

2.) I want to use unload as a pyro. Unload is the only ability, besides my spam attack, in which you can see your color crystal. I want it to be effective to use unload as a pyro. Possible Idea: Explosive Fuel increases the damage of unload by X% for the next X sec.

3.) Grapple should be a tank-only ability to balance pvp a bit.

4.) Pyro should get an X% movement speed buff after you use a PPA Railshot. Or Jet charge should be an all-powertech ability.

5.) Significantly increase the damage of Immolate and Retractable Blade to balance AP.

6.) New Ability, Smokescreen: Reduces threat by a moderate amount. Powetechs are the only class in the game without some sort of threat drop. Powertechs are also the class with the most front-loaded damage, meaning they are the class that would make use of it the most.

Edited by bbare
Added Jet charge

Well I think all of yer ideas are ridiculous except missle blast and perhaps smokescreen. Instead maybe we could keep flame sweep, and use that as a threat reduction ability. LoL think about it, an epic beast charges at you, so you shoot fire in his eyes...should work. I mean what if it was really windy...smokescreen wouldn't work. Unless perhaps the smoke bomb clouded the air around the epic beast's nose with let's say...roasted alderaan garlic. That might distract him for a moment, Despite the fact that you were just shooting him in the face.

Bbare, baby,

You seem like an analytical person and probably forgot more about this class than I already know. I'd like to see you in action.

Well I think all of yer ideas are ridiculous except missle blast and perhaps smokescreen. Instead maybe we could keep flame sweep, and use that as a threat reduction ability. LoL think about it, an epic beast charges at you, so you shoot fire in his eyes...should work. I mean what if it was really windy...smokescreen wouldn't work. Unless perhaps the smoke bomb clouded the air around the epic beast's nose with let's say...roasted alderaan garlic. That might distract him for a moment, Despite the fact that you were just shooting him in the face.

Bbare, baby,

You seem like an analytical person and probably forgot more about this class than I already know. I'd like to see you in action.

Smokescreen is an ability name I made up on the spot. it doesn't have to be 100% in line with the laws of physics. What really matters is that Powertechs need a threat drop. I don't post videos, because I don't pvp at all, but I still know that the Powertech's grapple is a little overpowered for a dps spec, and substituting a little movement speed will provide greater balance. If you would like to see my pve spec, gear, and parses, I'll gladly show you.

1.) Missile Blast should have some use. My idea would to reduce it's heat cost and allow you to spec into something in the shield tech tree which puts an armor or damage debuff on the target.

This skill is useless, it does poor damage even with armor reduction. Even merc with the passiv armor pen they have with their cylinder don't use it because of the insignificant damage.

2.) I want to use unload as a pyro. Unload is the only ability, besides my spam attack, in which you can see your color crystal. I want it to be effective to use unload as a pyro. Possible Idea: Explosive Fuel increases the damage of unload by X% for the next X sec.

YOU want use it, i don't think most of the pyro community want it, even for merc with all armor pen they have (35% with cylinder and 30% just for rs and unload) they use it only with the +35% damage proc. I don't think bioware give us the same tools than merc, i think you can forget unload ;)

3.) Grapple should be a tank-only ability to balance pvp a bit.

You say that you don't do pvp at all, so go pvp a bit and come back and tell us if you always want bioware remove us our grapple

4.) Pyro should get an X% movement speed buff after you use a PPA Railshot.

5.) Significantly increase the damage of Immolate and Retractable Blade to balance AP.

6.) New Ability, Smokescreen: Reduces threat by a moderate amount. Powetechs are the only class in the game without some sort of threat drop. Powertechs are also the class with the most front-loaded damage, meaning they are the class that would make use of it the most.

i agree with the rest of your post ;)

Edited by Mitsugoya

Smokescreen is an ability name I made up on the spot. it doesn't have to be 100% in line with the laws of physics. What really matters is that Powertechs need a threat drop. I don't post videos, because I don't pvp at all, but I still know that the Powertech's grapple is a little overpowered for a dps spec, and substituting a little movement speed will provide greater balance. If you would like to see my pve spec, gear, and parses, I'll gladly show you.

loool

Dood....try smiling. I'll pay for the stitches.

If grapple was Shieldtech only, Pyro's would have no way of closing distance. Pyro's are utterly useless outside of 10m.

Hence the extra movement speed and another option, jet charge for every powertech.

This skill is useless, it does poor damage even with armor reduction. Even merc with the passiv armor pen they have with their cylinder don't use it because of the insignificant damage.

Its for tanking, not dps. It could act as a debuff, like the assassin's discharge which reduces damage done, or another armor debuff in case you don't have a merc or sniper on that boss (Think Toth and Zorn)

even for merc with all armor pen they have (35% with cylinder and 30% just for rs and unload) they use it only with the +35% damage proc. I don't think bioware give us the same tools than merc, i think you can forget unload

My idea would make it a rare situational ability used only in burst phases, not part of a regular rotation. Its something I would like to use, it isn't something the class needs. I would be fine if they didn't make unload of use for the Powertech. I guess I'm in the minority on that.

You say that you don't do pvp at all, so go pvp a bit and come back and tell us if you always want bioware remove us our grapple

I want grapple to be removed and replaced with either a movement buff or a jet charge for all spec's. Powetechs are slightly unbalanced in pvp, because of that grapple. I think it would make tanks a little more viable in warzones if they are the only ones that can use a pull. I think it would be a fair compromise to substitute extra movement speed or jet charge.

Edited by bbare