The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[Suggestion] reduce Missile Blast heat cost

Herbzta

greetings,

Missile Blast currently needs 25 heat, way too much for my opinion

it only does average damage on a single target and only very low splash damage

i currently crit with 2000 on a single player target with high end pvp gear meaning if i hit 4 targets i do a total of about 3000 dmg for 25 heat

a flame burst including the proc of Combustible Gas Cylinder(100%) does about 3000-4000 dmg for 16 heat

i would say 20 would be a good amount of heat

any opinions?

Edited by Herbzta

I would like Missile Blast to be redesigned for Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Its a cool ability that has absolutely no use beyond level 10. My idea would be to reduce its heat cost to 16, put a 6 sec cooldown on it, and have an ability in the tanking tree that puts an armor debuff on the target for each use of missile blast, stacks up to 5 times.

I would like Missile Blast to be redesigned for Rise of the Hutt Cartel. Its a cool ability that has absolutely no use beyond level 10. My idea would be to reduce its heat cost to 16, put a 6 sec cooldown on it, and have an ability in the tanking tree that puts an armor debuff on the target for each use of missile blast, stacks up to 5 times.

or a general armor debuff, not only for tanks, would even make the 25 heat worthwhile

Missile blast is great... I totally agree 20 heat will be more than fine. I'm using MB to prevent caping... it is great AoE for 30m range... So for me it is not useless!!!

You have to think in terms of Ammo, so the Vanguard counterpart can mirror it.

25 Heat = 3 ammo

So, Missile Blast could cost 2 ammo though, and still be fine. I'm still all for it doing extra damage to people in Cover. A lot of extra damage to peopel in Cover. Wouldn't compalin at all if it 1 shot people in Cover.

I do miss using Missile Blast, though it still comes in handy for node defence as the splash damage interrupts. As for the comparison between Missile blast and Flame burst, if Missile blast were to be reduced down to Flame burst cost it would pretty much make flame burst useless. roughly same damage for roughly same cost, but has range and AoE.

Anyways, I'm always game for tweaks and changes as they bring a fresh perspective to classes.

I do miss using Missile Blast, though it still comes in handy for node defence as the splash damage interrupts. As for the comparison between Missile blast and Flame burst, if Missile blast were to be reduced down to Flame burst cost it would pretty much make flame burst useless. roughly same damage for roughly same cost, but has range and AoE.

Anyways, I'm always game for tweaks and changes as they bring a fresh perspective to classes.

yes that was my thinking, missile blast is ranged and as PT should be no range class it should cost him to fire at range(cept the rapidshots)

All 3 specs have buffs/abilities that are activated by flame burst. Also flame burst is not mitigated by armor where the middle would be.

More aoe for shield tech would be pretty lol-worthy.

One thing I could see is make missile blast do 5% accuracy reduction for ptech tank. Would give them a buff to keep track of at least, and make heat management just a bit more complicated.

This

If you are lvl50 or at least have the full Pyro tree (if you are pyroing) you shouldnt have to use missiles anymore. TD replaces Explosive Missile and Missible blast is just a waste of heat

explosive dart isn't, combine it with thermal detonator and it gives a massive burst(+-7-8k damge, not including the area effect of explosive dart)

explosive dart isn't, combine it with thermal detonator and it gives a massive burst(+-7-8k damge, not including the area effect of explosive dart)

IMO the heat cost of ED isn't worth the minimal damage it produces...

Your obviously in melee range if your using TD, why not follow up with a FB or RP(both hit harder and cost less) then RS as TD blows up

ED is fully a waste once you have TD are you kidding me? The AoE dmg is barely anything at all. That damage could be easily surpassed by FB, RP, even Flamethrower if you really want AoE damage. Idk about AC spec but definitely in Pyro ED is useless when you get TD and MB just becomes a heat waste. I would advise against it in pvp since youd be at close range anyways if you use it so you are better of using your other abilities anyways.

Why is this even being discussed if it is referenced to Pyrotech? Please if someone has info on how it would compare with AC I would be interested in learning since I have never tried it

ED is fully a waste once you have TD are you kidding me? The AoE dmg is barely anything at all. That damage could be easily surpassed by FB, RP, even Flamethrower if you really want AoE damage. Idk about AC spec but definitely in Pyro ED is useless when you get TD and MB just becomes a heat waste. I would advise against it in pvp since youd be at close range anyways if you use it so you are better of using your other abilities anyways.

Why is this even being discussed if it is referenced to Pyrotech? Please if someone has info on how it would compare with AC I would be interested in learning since I have never tried it

it's still good as decoy, launch ED the enemy will hear beep beep beep and launch his defence cds....then shotly after you launch TD and hit him with it after his defence is down

it's still good as decoy, launch ED the enemy will hear beep beep beep and launch his defence cds....then shotly after you launch TD and hit him with it after his defence is down

But since you are houndig their asses anyways with FB,RP, and RS there defenses will already be on cooldown. ED does nothing to support Pyro after a full tree because it does not proc anything or leave a dot/debuff. It because an extra heat cost is all