Why so much love for Guardians and Juggs?

HybridCode

Star wars lore....

Warriors always win...

Darth Maul: Double bladed light saber, Assassin (DEAD) Killed by Obi'wan Kenobi: Warrior

The Emporer: Lightning spam, obviously a sorc (DEAD) Killed by Darth Vader: Warrior

Padme's assassin: Operative (DEAD) Killed by PT but injured intially by Obi'wan Kenobi: Warrior

Jhengo Fett: Mercenary (DEAD) Killed by Mace Windu: Warrior

You see... the only warriors that died in Star Wars... were killed by other warriors.

Mace Windu was obviously owning The Emporer but got caught tunneling and lolsmashed by Anakin right out the window.

When Obi'wan died at the hands of Vader he was obviously running combat spec. The old guys never adapt to the latest patches so they run previously viable specs. Not knowing that rage had been buffed he fell to the smash of Vader who had obviously read the latest patch notes.

Then later in the series... Luke had learned from the death of Obi'wan and never ran combat spec again and swore to be the greatest smasher in the galaxy. His high midochlorian count and connection with the force lead him to realize that he could drop his crit rating, stack surge and power and smash harder than any Jedi or Sith before him. Thus leading to the lolsmashfest which eventually ended in Vaders death.

This same lore can also be used to explain why mercs/commandos suck.... have you seen how many of those guys die in the movies?

EDIT: this needs it's own thread... the forums are boring today.

lol'd. Not sure why, but this made so much sense.

Back on topic - Shadows & Guardians are pretty much on par as far as tanking. Both bring something to a wz the other doesn't. For example, shadows can solo hold nodes much better than guardians due to stealth where as a guardian can usually stay up a little longer due to armor etc etc... Vanguard imo is the weakest of the 3

Edited by Rilok_Singz

I have 5 lvl 50 characters and recently I have been playing my Guardian tank a lot. Prior to that I was trying out tanking on my Vanguard. When I finally made the switch to play on my Guardian I came to the simple realization that it is easy mode on my Guardian. So much utility. The biggest differences are the fact that the Guardian has a million stuns, cooldowns, a push, two leaps, three if you include the leap after the push, an aoe slow, etc. None of my other classes have as much utility on top of raw damage/defensive ability. And don't even get me started on the Smash/focus spec. So when are the balance changes coming?

UHH!! So let me get this straite, you are so awesome on your Guard you can't take it anymore, you asking to be nerfed or you can't guarantee our safety. Nice try. I think u made a Guard and it did not work for you, so now you hate those who play it well.

Do you have a sage or shadow? Those classes have the most utility. Guardians have nothing on either of them.

You are literaly the first person I've heard complain that guardian tanking is too easy compared to other classes. Based on your in-depth analysis and a few other things (randomly starting a thread to whine about a class, weak grasp of facts, few actual details provided or apparently deemed necessary, random exaggerations, etc) I'm going to say it's just your opinion and as far as I'm concerned it's not worth much.

It may be the first you've heard of it, but isn't a lie. Jugg/guard specs are EXTREMELY fun to play because they can multi task so well. And, while sage/sorc sin/shad have a lot of utility. not all of it is really useful in PvP. The thing is, the "tanking" class is meant to do one thing well, control the fight. So, some of those "tanking" abilities overlap the dps specs, thus giving even a dps specced guard/jugg lots of control ability.

But ya, PvP is definitely easier for a jugg/guardian than a vanguard/powertech.