WZ = lag + stun + onehit?

Cretinus

I've been playing the game for a while, but only now I started doing some PvP on my marauder. I have recruit gear which is super squishy, of course.

Still, my overall experience is rather bad, I have to say. Whenever I engage an enemy, I'm hardly able to do anything. I don't know if it is lag, or a festival of stuns that everybody is able to produce, or probably a mix of both. Most of the time I'm not able to move or to do anything, doesn't matter which key I press the toon is simply unable to do anything and then I simply get onehitted.

Another thing is the pace of the styles. They are super fast and I appreciate that, PvP should have a good pace. But sometimes, it seems that the game's fluidity, or the engine, what know I, is not able to keep up with this pace. Things go from zero to 100 without anything inbetween. I'm standing there, no enemy in sight, then I hear a wwhhoooosh and here we go, some jedi is in front of me from out of nowhere, then I'm stunned for a while, or it is lag I dunno, and then I'm dead.

While PvE is fun and works good, PvP is a waste of time in this game.

Edited by Cretinus

You're a mara

Pop undyring rage or a roar and quit crying

I'm not complaining about marauders not having enough CCS, I'm complaining about everybody having too many. In combination with lag and latency not being able to keep up with the game's PvP pace, this leads to a situation where not being able to do anything is the most frequent scenery.

Edited by Cretinus

You are complaining about getting one shotted

When undying rage makes you invulnerable (best defensive cd in the game)

No one feels your pain

You really hate marauders, huh? Anyway, that's not what my post is about.

Edited by Cretinus

No one feels your pain

You can have my maras undying rage, ill just get shield probe. It would be a nerf right?

L2P

He's got a point. The stuns and CC are way too much in this game. No matter what class you are stunning then beating on someone for 5s doesn't take skill. Especially when it takes 10-15s worth of stuns to become immune to them and you only have one 2 minute cooldown to break it. Less stuns > more slows/roots (mostly slows). Drop the aoe incapacitates in pvp too. No one enjoys being stunlocked and forced to just sit there for half of a fight

1 hits aren't a problem unless you're undergeared which doesn't matter because it only takes a week to get geared.

I agree that the CC (in general not just stuns) is out of hand in this game, and they keep adding to it to "fix" it, but if you getting one-shot by *anyone*, there's something wrong one your end or the other dude's hacking. there's no such thing as a 20k attack in this game...yet.

I've played enough pvp to get one shotted, but that doesn't happen all that often.. Just find him and get one shotted again and report the hack. /shrug..

I have had server lag where my toon is frozen in place and 2 seconds later is dead. Happens alot in this game. Not to compare games, but this never happened to me in wow. I like SWTOR alot more then WOW, but if the server problem could be fixed it would be epic.

I have to agree. Depending on setup the combination of CC AND lag can be really annoying.

I dont for example have lag all a time. But it sometimes comes and usually when lot of things are on screen.

Worst situation is in huttball. I've many times been confused is it the cc or lag that cause the delay in throwing.

I think its both.

No one feels your pain

Sorry but UR/GbtF isn't the best defensive CD in the game. Three that are better are:

1. Stun Bubble

2. Force Shroud

3. Hold Position + Entrench + Shield Probe

Sorry but UR/GbtF isn't the best defensive CD in the game. Three that are better are:

1. Stun Bubble

2. Force Shroud

3. Hold Position + Entrench + Shield Probe

considering the up time AND the cd, entrench gets my vote for the best dcd in the game.

shroud is nice, but regular white dmg goes right through it, so it's very good, but it's more of a way to cleanse than shield, especially if you're not a tank. snipers are in a really really nice place right now. they do terrific dmg and have extremely good dcds, cc and tricks (w/e you'd call cover). they're still vulnerable to stealth classes (or at least sins).

stun bubble is going to be nerfed. the dev(s) all but admitted this. it won't be on everybody in the raid. I'm confident that it will only be applicable to the caster. just bear with it. BW is slllow.

unlike shroud, gbtf stops 99% of ALL dmg. for pure dmg reduction, it's a better dcd than shroud. it depends on the situation. one thing I can say about shroud, though, when I have someone about to die and he shrouds, that isn't going to save him. a mara/sent who pops gbtf is all but guaranteed the next 4s of life.

You really hate marauders, huh? Anyway, that's not what my post is about.

You're pretty much playing the most OP PvP class in the game (my main is a BiS Carnage Marauder) so you're probably not going to get much sympathy when there are classes with real problems that grinding gear for 2 weeks won't fix.

considering the up time AND the cd, entrench gets my vote for the best dcd in the game.

shroud is nice, but regular white dmg goes right through it, so it's very good, but it's more of a way to cleanse than shield, especially if you're not a tank. snipers are in a really really nice place right now. they do terrific dmg and have extremely good dcds, cc and tricks (w/e you'd call cover). they're still vulnerable to stealth classes (or at least sins).

stun bubble is going to be nerfed. the dev(s) all but admitted this. it won't be on everybody in the raid. I'm confident that it will only be applicable to the caster. just bear with it. BW is slllow.

unlike shroud, gbtf stops 99% of ALL dmg. for pure dmg reduction, it's a better dcd than shroud. it depends on the situation. one thing I can say about shroud, though, when I have someone about to die and he shrouds, that isn't going to save him. a mara/sent who pops gbtf is all but guaranteed the next 4s of life.

Unlike Force Shroud UR/GbtF cost 50% of current health to use and Marauder/Sentinel can be stunned.

Edited by Ramtar

i'm aware. they're still alive for 4 more secs. pop it when you're near death. you should be dead. but you get 4s more. virtual guarantee. opinion here...but that's more valuable - situationally dependent. Edited by foxmob

Lets not get off topic here about DCDs. There are a lot of good DCDs out there, and if CC ever does get fixed then those will need to be looked at, but right now DCDs don't matter much when you have to rely on those every two minutes to actually do something useful because the rest of the time your just cced to death.

I have to agree. Depending on setup the combination of CC AND lag can be really annoying.

I dont for example have lag all a time. But it sometimes comes and usually when lot of things are on screen.

Worst situation is in huttball. I've many times been confused is it the cc or lag that cause the delay in throwing.

I think its both.

This is exactly what I was talking about. I sometimes don't even know if I'm incapacitated because I'm in a CC or simply because of the lag. The mix of both in WZs makes game play very unpleasant.

The onehit thing I said was certainly not asking for marauder buffs, I just happen to play a marauder. It was about recruit gear being far to weak compared to current state of the art PvP gear and no longer fulfilling its purpose of allowing a more or less enjoyable start into WZs and PvP.