[Video] Spacebars - Sage Healer PvP

madtycoon

Nice kiting, but you don't seem to be of very much use to your team.

During that game of Huttball at the end of the video for instance, you prefer messing around with two guys near your own goal line instead of doing what you should be doing; healing your team/ball carier and/or getting in position to do a Rescue or for one of your teammates to leap to you.

During Ancient Hypergate, for example, you prefer kiting some guy to the side of the map where nobody's at, or in other words, where you won't be healing anyone. Since at AH, your teammates being killed = points for the opposing team, you should be healing your team making sure they don't die, instead of only healing yourself which you seem to be doing in all your matches, 90% of the time.

etc.

I don't mean to sound like an *** though, it's just the way I see it. But I could be wrong of course :)

But still, nice kiting, and no I'm not being sarcastic.

Hmmmmm there was a Spacebars on the harbringer who was *********** godly with the LOS

I wonder if you're the same guy? Switched servers or just came back to the game?

Nope its u switched it to 1080p, definitely the harbringer

Edited by Mookind

lol@ the people tunneling you so far out of their way. ^Reckful has 3 of everything on his so he doesn't miss when anything is off cooldown, i'm going to assume for similar reasons. Edited by Devilk

I really appreciate the captions describing what you're doing. It makes your pvp vids the only ones that offer much educational value.

Nice 2v1 on the huttball map, your cc use is what I learn the most from watching you play. It's an aspect of my game I find myself trying to improve lately, and I think that's the skill that really separates the bads from the goods.

Not to threadjack, but how do you gear your sage? I guess how much expertise do you use is a better way to phrase it, and where do you make the Expertise trade-off?

Thanks for taking the time to make the video.

Thank you for the comments :)

Nice kiting, but you don't seem to be of very much use to your team.

During that game of Huttball at the end of the video for instance, you prefer messing around with two guys near your own goal line instead of doing what you should be doing; healing your team/ball carier and/or getting in position to do a Rescue or for one of your teammates to leap to you.

During Ancient Hypergate, for example, you prefer kiting some guy to the side of the map where nobody's at, or in other words, where you won't be healing anyone. Since at AH, your teammates being killed = points for the opposing team, you should be healing your team making sure they don't die, instead of only healing yourself which you seem to be doing in all your matches, 90% of the time.

Yeah, I know and all these games we did end up winning except I think one of the novare's which i knew we were going to lose, so I just was messing around. Not to say that i helped that much in some of the clips, because I didn't.

The Huttball I wanted to stay in and keep the ball carrier up. But sadly I couldn't (I went from 100 to like 30% in the knockdown opener), so I figured I would try and escape the 2 dps and make it a 7 vs 6 elsewhere. Eventually they did detarget and I got back to my team.

The hypergate was similar. We won that game, after the clip ended by capping both nodes. I eventually got back to my team. The juggernaught that was on me was their best player and keeping him plus others occupied, especially when the bombs went off was I think good and it was just me and a commando in mid (which I'll admit I didn't try very hard to keep alive).

The times I'm freecasting or have guard just aren't as entertaining, so I went with these clips.

Why do you have 2 of everything on your toolbar?

Yeah. It makes it easier to see important cooldowns.

I don't play this game that much, and when I do I have 2 different classes, so I'm looking down at my bars a lot more than I should. Ideally, I wouldn't never look down at my bars and would just have the timing down.

I really appreciate the captions describing what you're doing. It makes your pvp vids the only ones that offer much educational value.

Nice 2v1 on the huttball map, your cc use is what I learn the most from watching you play. It's an aspect of my game I find myself trying to improve lately, and I think that's the skill that really separates the bads from the goods.

Not to threadjack, but how do you gear your sage? I guess how much expertise do you use is a better way to phrase it, and where do you make the Expertise trade-off?

Thanks for taking the time to make the video.

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the expertise. Right now I'm planning on going full expertise and fortitude augments, because I don't pick up the +willpower talent as knockback root spec. If I ever played ranked again, then I would play salvation (min/max willpower/power/crit) and change to an endurance stim if i'm really getting focused hard, because I do feel unkillable with guard and peels.

When I used to play ranked, I never ran with a tank (just dps guardians who stance danced guard) so I geared more defensively.

Yeah, I know and all these games we did end up winning except I think one of the novare's which i knew we were going to lose, so I just was messing around. Not to say that i helped that much in some of the clips, because I didn't.

The Huttball I wanted to stay in and keep the ball carrier up. But sadly I couldn't (I went from 100 to like 30% in the knockdown opener), so I figured I would try and escape the 2 dps and make it a 7 vs 6 elsewhere. Eventually they did detarget and I got back to my team.

The hypergate was similar. We won that game, after the clip ended by capping both nodes. I eventually got back to my team. The juggernaught that was on me was their best player and keeping him plus others occupied, especially when the bombs went off was I think good and it was just me and a commando in mid (which I'll admit I didn't try very hard to keep alive).

The times I'm freecasting or have guard just aren't as entertaining, so I went with these clips.

Oh I see, in that case: nevermind my silly remarks :p

That acid + flash bang trick was quite cool by the way. Why oh why didn't I think of that.

I'm playing team in like all but 2 of the clips and those 2 clips weren't really meant to show team play.

Thank you for this video. I really like the captions; it makes watching the videos very educational and worthwhile.

I ignore pvp videos without commentary or captions.

Thanks

I'm playing team in like all but 2 of the clips and those 2 clips weren't really meant to show team play.

Thanks

Yay Spacebarz! You're always fun to play against. For everyone else - Space is an exceptional team player. During the time of day when we're active on our server the Imp side seems to have an advantage over the Pubs - but even if Space was losing it shouldn't take away from the high level of play he's showing.

The thing I'm most impressed by is the ability to be mobile and occupy two to three people at time while still getting heals off. Now you just need to roll a Sorc :D

Curious of your spec and gear, are you min/maxed?

29/12/0

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhMRrdMdrZfc0M0M.2

I would rather run salvation spec, but its annoying to play solo queuing

One of my sages are min/maxed war hero with like the 63 hilt. The other one's gear is all over the place from 58 mods to 63s. They're both full expertise and augmented fortitude.

• 5 weeks later...
Great job mate! Your vids are among the very few SWTOR Movies I really enjoy, specifically because they show great situational awareness, anticipation and vision. Too bad you're US, I'd love to q up and school some drooling warriors with you... ;)

Started playing my sages again the last couple of days and figured I would make a video for fun. Its mostly solo queued random warzones with no guard and minor peels on PoT5 and Harbringer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8D_LJigONQ

I'm 29/12/0 knockback root spec. Not bubble stun. My characters are both in war hero equivalent gear. :)

Nice vid! Picked up a few things myself. Running a hybrid damage Sage alt atm, but you've certainly inspired me to heal a few matches.

One tiny thing though - Ravage does not have root, unless it's a Carnage-specced Marauder. Also, my experience suggests that jumping slows the character down, and I avoid using it, unless I need to hop over a short obstacle.

Edited by Helig