Need an explanation please

Theguffin

So I am on belsavis collecting rakata energy cubes, I go into the cave after collection 4 cube I place them in holder and out of nowhere I get attacked by an imp player! I was not flagged for pvp nor had I recieved any warnings of entering a pvp area. I got lucky becuase he could not beat me. I am on harbinger a PVE server. Can someone please explain what happened.

There are ways of going around and getting unflagged players flagged by the griefers. :rolleyes:

This. Just another fail on Bioware's part. They have fixed some of the flagging problems in the past, but exploits still exist.

And it is really funny having these exploits still exist considering you can heal a mob attacking a player of the opposite faction and not get flagged yet get flagged minding your own business.

Edited by DawnAskham

This. Just another fail on Bioware's part. They have fixed some of the flagging problems in the past, but exploits still exist.

I know you'd like to know more but we cannot go into detail here. If you are completely sure that you weren't flag you may want to get his name down and report it to Bioware. 5% chance that they will actually investigate but...

cool well guess that's all i needed to know, i was confused on how I could be attacked like that, exploit solves that, I would ask that no one explain how it is done so that others do not get any ideas.

Well unfortunately the tools that enjoy this sort of behavior already know how to do it, and do it quite often (at least once a day while leveling someone in general chat will have had the same experience of the OP, sometimes reporting a small group attacking a base and killing unflagged players on Tatooine or Alderaan or such).

If you see it, report it, and spread the word in general (put out a bounty on the these tools). Also, let general know which instance you are in, and then switch to another if you want to try and avoid it.

It's possible that you were shooting at some mob and your last couple shots went off after the mod died and hit the Imp lurking in the shadows, or you didn't take your finger off the trigger fast enough. This happened to me while doing BH dailies last week.

It's possible that you were shooting at some mob and your last couple shots went off after the mod died and hit the Imp lurking in the shadows, or you didn't take your finger off the trigger fast enough. This happened to me while doing BH dailies last week.

what part of i was not flagged or not in a pvp zone did you not get? I had one fight getting to cube holder. I became flagged after he attacked me. I have name of imp player if anyone wants it.

Edited by Theguffin

what part of i was not flagged or not in a pvp zone did you not get? I had one fight getting to cube holder. I became flagged after he attacked me.

He probably means the auto-attack when you're pressing an ability and the closest target is automatically selected. He attacked a stealther who was flagged for pvp and it got him flagged. Perhaps you attacked a stealther with an aoe attack or even crowd control (does not make him lose stealth but might trigger flag). I don't know if this works 100% since I am on PvP server. flagged players positioning themselves in your aoe in order to get you flagged - is this possible?

And edit your post - take down the name or you're risking infraction points.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

He probably means the auto-attack when you're pressing an ability and the closest target is automatically selected. He attacked a stealther who was flagged for pvp and it got him flagged. Perhaps you attacked a stealther with an aoe attack or even crowd control (does not make him lose stealth but might trigger flag). I don't know if this works 100% since I am on PvP server. flagged players positioning themselves in your aoe in order to get you flagged - is this possible?

And edit your post - take down the name or you're risking infraction points.

thank you, most reasonable explanation

Id say most likely he was stealthed and near the mob you were fighting and your companion or you use a AOE and flaged you. Ive done it to republic players just running by flagged and there companion cleaved flagging them. Though i didnt mean to flag them. Ive seen stealthers do it though to get them to flag.

When I was down there with my Marauder, there was a stealthed Shadow waiting by the machine. I skipped all mobs and so didn't get into any fights, therefore couldn't be flagged by accident. I could see the Shadow and called out to them. I thought they were waiting for someone to unlock the datacron, but now that you say you've been attacked they may have waited for a victim...

I was not flagged, i can promise you that. It was exciting though only because he was not powerful enough to beat me.

No answer for you, OP, but I find it quite amusing that the griefer trying to ambush you could not even kill his prey. How embarrassing....

There are a few ways that are brain-dead simple to flag an unflagged player.

I'd love to see a choice in prefs at least, to disable auto flagging (which also would make it so you cannot heal or harm a flagged player).

I have seen this type of griefing way too often. Seriously, players on pve servers choose pve servers becuase they don't want to do owpvp, or to be griefed. Really it is not acceptable that pve servers have these exploits. It is not what players want; only griefers could oppose a way to disable auto-flagging on pve servers.

Pvp servers, well, it is expected there that a player is open to pvp.Common sense. But likewise it is common sense that pve servers should be free of auto flagging exploits. It is just as if this mechanic were MADE to attract griefers. Which, it does. No real pvp players condone such exploits, only griefers.