Cartel Market equipment questions

bebedelette

Returning player.

I'm interested in buying some of the gear on CM but before I drop any money, I have a few questions:

- Is the equipment bound to character or account? Can all the characters on my account use it once I buy it?

- Does Adaptive Armor equipment mean that it would become heavy/medium/light depending on the character? Also, where do I learn the Adaptive Armor ability?

Returning player.

I'm interested in buying some of the gear on CM but before I drop any money, I have a few questions:

- Is the equipment bound to character or account? Can all the characters on my account use it once I buy it?

- Does Adaptive Armor equipment mean that it would become heavy/medium/light depending on the character? Also, where do I learn the Adaptive Armor ability?

- When you buy it it's not bound (or in case of packs and the things in them: Bound for 2 days, then released) but as soon as you equip it it's bound to your character

- Adaptive armor becomes for the time you wear it the armor type you can wear. There is no adaptive armor ability, you can just wear it.

- Adaptive armor becomes for the time you wear it the armor type you can wear. There is no adaptive armor ability, you can just wear it.
Not entirely true. There is an adaptive armor ability. It's there with your character's other armor ability(s). Hit P in game and check. Every player character gets the ability, but not all companion characters do (i.e., droids don't get it). So you can give your adaptive armor to most companion characters, and they will be able to use it as well, which is handy if you use medium or heavy, but the companion can't, or vice versa. But driods can't use adaptive armor, because they only have the Droid Armor ability. And non-droids don't get the Droid Armor ability, so they can't equip Droid Armor items.