Assassin with Electro Staff?

dermitni

None of you people that want an Electrostaff have ever carried a weapon in your life.

Go join military service, and at least carry a rifle with you everywhere you go, 24/7. And honestly, be a man and tell them you want to carry a heavy Machine gun instead. All day, everyday, everywhere, for everything.

IN BEFORE - Some fool compares a 'Monk's walking staff' to be the exact same as 'A metal Electrostaff with durasteel power generatiors on each end...

You people should get a barbell from the gym. (not your home gym, where it's only 10 pounds, but an Olympic Barbell 45 lbs), and then put a few weights on each end, and carry it everywhere.... There is your Electrostaff - go roleplay your Electrostaff Sith Assassin.

My mind = blown that people want something other than the epic awesomeness of the double bladed Saberstaff.

Right back at you.

If you consider a DBLS awesome, then you never handled a pole/staff weapon. A DBLS would be awkward, restrictive and impractical. Even more so than double-bladed metal swords in fantasy.

Now then if it were a pole made of lightsaber-resistant material like Phik or Beskar (Cortosis is brittle) with an energy blade emitter on its tip, then I'd roll with it.

Also, lighter-looking Electrostaffs do look barely heavier than walking sticks - let alone heavier than medieval halberds and other heavier polearms. Pretty sure Force-enhanced, or cybernetically augmented monstrosities can handle them easily. Not even mentioning that quite a few weapons in SWToR look like they'd need a whole team of men to transport and deploy (Trooper Assault Cannons - I justify that with power armour).

Edited by Helig

None of you people that want an Electrostaff have ever carried a weapon in your life.

Go join military service, and at least carry a rifle with you everywhere you go, 24/7. And honestly, be a man and tell them you want to carry a heavy Machine gun instead. All day, everyday, everywhere, for everything.

IN BEFORE - Some fool compares a 'Monk's walking staff' to be the exact same as 'A metal Electrostaff with durasteel power generatiors on each end...

You people should get a barbell from the gym. (not your home gym, where it's only 10 pounds, but an Olympic Barbell 45 lbs), and then put a few weights on each end, and carry it everywhere.... There is your Electrostaff - go roleplay your Electrostaff Sith Assassin.

My mind = blown that people want something other than the epic awesomeness of the double bladed Saberstaff.

How about, and take me literally on this, you go into that corner over there and be quiet. If people want these staffs in place of light sabers who the hell are you to tell them no? It's all flavor anyway, you're just taking someone else's choice too seriously. Though I also despise Electro-staffs, I'm not going to tell others they can't use them.

Hey guys.

Let's have a giant argument about how the weapons in this fantasy world of magical force powers, aliens, battle stations the size of moons, and lasers that somehow go slow enough to be deflected aren't realistic.

If you want to be such an RP care bear, go somewhere else.

Edited by Sinaith

You again? Didn't you read my long and detailed answer to your last (troll) posting in this thread? :confused:

And just so you know, I _did_ carry weapons in real life for ~10 months 15 years ago: Pistols, carbines, machine pistols and machine guns. But let me ask you a question for a change: Did you ever carry either a double-bladed lightsaber OR electrostaff in real life? No? So, how do you know that the one is heavier/bulkier to carry than the other?

Apart from that: DBLS suck, in my opinion. You want to wield one, fine by me. I don't, so deal with it.

Niko