Expansion Confusion

Verko

Just started playing again as there is a expansion coming and i figured it was a good time to come back. Have a couple questions that i might get answered here as i know there is limited info.

- Is current gear going to be rendered obsolete as there will now be lvl 55 end game gear?

-is all the endgame content going to be new (all new hardmodes and op's, like Rifts Xpac!) or are they just recycling the current stuff and adding one op or hardmode?

-is pvp gear going to be all new and fresh start at 55?

basically im playing again because expansions are usually a fresh start where players can come back and not be months behind in gearing etc. Will this be the same?

As you say there is only limited info, so nothing is certain at this stage. I try to answer your questions based on info gathered from various sources and my interpretation (add some imagination).

1) Is current gear going to be rendered obsolete as there will now be lvl 55 end game gear?

A) No. The Dev has indicated they intend the expansion to have minimum impact on the end-game gear progression. Columi gear is level 56. The expansion will likely to introduce new gear lv51-55 slot between what is available from current dailies and what is available from current hm fp / sm ops.

2) is all the endgame content going to be new (all new hardmodes and op's, like Rifts Xpac!)

A) No. Possibly they will add a new fp and a new op based in Makeb.

2) are they just recycling the current stuff and adding one op or hardmode?

A) Yes. Not recycling; I suspect they won't even touch the existing ops & fp.

3) is pvp gear going to be all new and fresh start at 55?

A) No. See(1) above. Recruit gear (free) is lv58.

4)basically im playing again because expansions are usually a fresh start where players can come back and not be months behind in gearing etc. Will this be the same?

A) Based on how the devs have been handling the end-game gear progression (removed BM gear, shifted the price of WH gear down, introduced EWH, giving away Tionese...), I believe they are limiting end game gear progression to 3 or 4 tiers. When a new top tier is released, all the existing tiers are shifted down. So late starters won't face 99 tiers to grind.

Edited by Banegio

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.