Easy Guide to Armor Please

Ighten

Im confused by how the armor works.. I see that when I find or buy new pieces from a vendor that it has certain stats attached..

But I also see orange items that have slots.. Do I basically have to build the armor onto this skin and does this mean I can Keep this skin for ever and just upgrade the bits and pieces attached to it in the slots as I level up..

And what about the items in the cartel market? Do these work like the orange items ?

Hope that makes sense

Edited by Ighten

But I also see orange items that have slots.. Do I basically have to build the armor onto this skin and does this mean I can Keep this skin for ever and just upgrade the bits and pieces attached to it in the slots as I level up.

Quick version for anybody else who finds this: the above description is actuallyvery good . Orange armor is a shell defined by the mods inserted in it. Check for any minimum level, class, or armor class restrictions ;but other thanthat it is 100% defined on what you put into it and can be upgraded as you level up .

The one odd point is "adaptive armor" which only means it changes to the wearers max armor class (anybody can use it).