The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What are the odds?

ChroniKill

Of getting a purple crystal in a cartel pack?

I've just started playing a jedi guardian as I wanted to level a tank that wasn't a shadow (got bored of the storyline). On my mara alt I managed to get a purple endurance crystal from a cartel pack, but what were the odds?

I understand that the best for my guardian would be either endurance or power - how likely is it that you will get one of these from a cartel pack?

It's an interesting question. I suspect that only a dev would be able to tell you the actual odds of the crystal showing up.

I can only go off of how much these things sell for on the gtn. The expertise crystals are the least expensive, followed by the endurance and the crit, and the most expensive are the +power crystals.

I've seen +power purple crystals go for 1.5 million, which would tend to indicate they're somewhat rare.

It's an interesting question. I suspect that only a dev would be able to tell you the actual odds of the crystal showing up.

I can only go off of how much these things sell for on the gtn. The expertise crystals are the least expensive, followed by the endurance and the crit, and the most expensive are the +power crystals.

I've seen +power purple crystals go for 1.5 million, which would tend to indicate they're somewhat rare.

The end ones are far cheaper than the expertise ones on my server. I've never seen a power one go for that much on my server either, seen a few for 700K though. I think the significally higher price on the power ones is a combination of drop rate and demand. There's no reason for getting an end crystal unless you are a tank and there arent that many of those.

Drop rate'wise, if crystals are to be considered rare I'd say that atleast the end ones are the most common rare drops in packs. I had far more of those than I had weapon drops.