100K+ server lag going on 500k ms as i write this.

Lepernaut

Anyone else having this lag issue or am i the only one?.This is something beyond me since my connection is working just perfectly.My firewall isn't blocking the game or anything like that,must be something wrong on the other side of the line?.Anyway this is annoying since i have no freakin idea what causes this.:confused:

Happened to me too last night, seemed to plateau about 135k ms and them see sawed from 70k to 135k for about 15 mins. I got tired of waiting for it go back to normal, so I logged off. After 30 mins I logged back in, then it was running smooth as at my normal ping. Even on the fleet when there were 250 players on, no lag. Go figure.

Couple of things cause this apart from the server lags themselves.

First one is if you're with Virgin Media. The packet loss is horrific and still unexplained properly by Virgin themselves. People have worked round this by phoning Virgin and telling them to make swtor priority traffic or something. Second one (and this is what fixed swtor for me) is whether you're using wifi or connecting by ethernet to the router. The packet loss over wifi is enough to knock you out the server,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.