Is there a way to change settings at launcher?

Danylko

I was forced to get a new monitor, so naturally I got myself a nice Orion LCD TV, 24 inch, which is compatible with PCs. Everything works fine until I launch SWTOR. Once I do that, my monitor goes black and I literally have to do a factory reset on everything to get it to work. Turns out, the TV only supports up to 1024 x 768. I'm guessing SWTOR is trying to change the resolution?

I remember there was a way to do it but don't see the option to change the resolution within the launcher. Heck, I don't even see an option to start the game in Windowed mode. I know this can be done at character select screen, but I can't even get this far.

Folder placement can change depending on you're operating system but should be in a folder like this one

C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

if the folder appdata is not to be found simply paste it in the adress bar at the top of the explorer page and it should go into it even if it is hidden

replace *user* with the actual computer username you are usin swor on

In this folder open the client_settings file,it should look somewhat like this *but will be different*

[Renderer]

FullScreen = true

D3DFullScreen = true

NativeWidth = 1920

NativeHeight = 1080

Width = 1920

Height = 1080

WindowX = 0

WindowY = 0

GraphicsDeviceId = 26393

GraphicsQuality = 5

MeshLODQuality = 1

UseMinSpecShaders = false

PerfTestFlags = 30329600

SpeedTreeDistanceScale = 16.25

TextureAnisotropy = 16

doShadows = true

doBlobShadows = true

doOmniShadows = true

HighShadowResolution = true

EnableHighShadowResolution = true

shadowQuality = 2

AtlasQuality = 0

CodeVersionChanged = false

LastCodeVersionRun = 1

Buckets = 3

NewBucket = 3

FarClipScale = 9.9371195

PlantDensity = 150

DynamicLightsLimit = 8

enableadvenvirolighting = true

DebugAdvEnviroLighting = true

AllowDepthOfField = true

EnableBloom = true

VerticalSyncState = true

Change or add these lines if they don't exist

NativeWidth = 1024

NativeHeight = 768

Width = 1024

Height = 768

Dont mess with the other lines

Be mindfull that going from a monitor to a tv will work but since the resolution is less higher it will not look as good as a real computer monitor or a full HD tv

Edited by doumalos
forgot something

Folder placement can change depending on you're operating system but should be in a folder like this one

C:\Users\*user*\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

if the folder appdata is not to be found simply paste it in the adress bar at the top of the explorer page and it should go into it even if it is hidden

replace *user* with the actual computer username you are usin swor on

In this folder open the client_settings file,it should look somewhat like this *but will be different*

Change or add these lines if they don't exist

NativeWidth = 1024

NativeHeight = 768

Width = 1024

Height = 768

Dont mess with the other lines

Be mindfull that going from a monitor to a tv will work but since the resolution is less higher it will not look as good as a real computer monitor or a full HD tv

You are awesome!! This worked and without any issues, still looks just as good. Thank you! :csw_yoda: