Kaggath Heats: Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

Beniboybling

That could work, but could Malgus see through the disguise with The Force?

I think these ideas have a better chance of fooling HK, but I'm not so sure about Malgus. Alot of these plans have a good chance of back-firing, provided Malgus' Force senses are capable of distinguishing real from fake.

All right as I go through these posts I just remembered a way that Xizor could disguise himself. In the JK storyline an imperial agent tricks the Jedi Knight into thinking he's someone else using a holodisguise, this droid turns up and doesn't notice anything either. So it can fool and force user, and a droid. Either that or he can hire a Clawdite, but the Clawdites death would have to be unseen (escapes in a fighter maybe, and then shot down)

Just putting another way out their that Xizor could fake his death, I think the clone would work too. Or just an explosion that fries any evidence of trickery (again, shot down fighter.)

We also have to consider that Guri might have destroyed HK already.

But anyway, all that matters is that its possible.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All right as I go through these posts I just remembered a way that Xizor could disguise himself. In the JK storyline an imperial agent tricks the Jedi Knight into thinking he's someone else using a holodisguise, this droid turns up and doesn't notice anything either. So it can fool and force user, and a droid. Either that or he can hire a Clawdite, but the Clawdites death would have to be unseen (escapes in a fighter maybe, and then shot down)

Just putting another way out their that Xizor could fake his death, I think the clone would work too. Or just an explosion that fries any evidence of trickery (again, shot down fighter.)

Oh right....forgot about that part in the JK story. << I seem to keep forgetting certain things and beginning to wonder, if I am already losing my mind lol.

I haven't completed the JK story (lvl 11 I think), but that could work. But, I think there would be fighting, since if Malgus is there, he would attack. After the kill, I'm guessing the holo would stop working, revealing the truth. Also, if they use any ion weapon, it wouldn't work either. Clawdite might work, but again, on death it would reveal the truth. If Malgus does an autopsy, they know.

I just learned Malgus also had a few sith. Not many, I'm guessing around 10 or 20, but sith all the same.

From Wookiepedia

Malgus led his new empire to a number of early victories, capturing many areas in the Unknown Regions. But the greatest opportunity for the fledgling empire came when rumor spread that the Sith Emperor had been slain by a Jedi Knight. Unbeknownst to all but a few, it had in fact been only the Emperor's Voice that had been slain; but it was Malgus' best opportunity to unite the Sith under his leadership. Several other Sith that were waiting for the right time also joined him, leaving the Empire with the rumored death of the Sith Emperor. Malgus gained the allegiance of Darth Serevin, who became one of his closest allies. Malgus accumulated many more loyal Sith, mercenaries and the droids loyal to those in this time; many believed the Sith Empire was falling apart and in utter disrepair. Malgus declared himself the Emperor of his new faction, and vowed to crush both the Republic and the Sith disloyal to him, at Ilum. It was this act that caused Malgus to make an enemy of the Republic, the Jedi, the Empire, the Sith, and the Emperor himself.
Edited by Canino

I haven't completed the JK story (lvl 11 I think), but that could work. But, I think there would be fighting, since if Malgus is there, he would attack. After the kill, I'm guessing the holo would stop working, revealing the truth. Also, if they use any ion weapon, it wouldn't work either. Clawdite might work, but again, on death it would reveal the truth. If Malgus does an autopsy, they know.
Maybe maybe not. Maybe he could just jettison the Virago instead in a feigned attempt to escape and have it shot down. But Xizor will have some kind of plan, and once the assassination attempts on Malgus' life fail, he'll try something more lethal. It just depends on how long Xizor can keep Malgus at bay...

Maybe maybe not. Maybe he could just jettison the Virago instead in a feigned attempt to escape and have it shot down. But Xizor will have some kind of plan, and once the assassination attempts on Malgus' life fail, he'll try something more lethal. It just depends on how long Xizor can keep Malgus at bay...

Very true, very true. Malgus woul take th offensive, and try to batter his opponent. Xizor would sit back and plan traps. This battle could very easily go either way.

But he knows who Black Sun is. And he knows how expansive they are, and what they are capable of. He would expect assassination attempt, and prepare himself for it. But that doesn't mean a bio weapon wouldn't work.

I'd like to note that Black Sun grew under Xizor. Thus the Black Sun from TOR that Malgus knows about is far smaller than the empire Xizor controlled. All this adds to the fact that they'd both underestimate each other.

Hmm, interesting arguments so far.

I still cast my vote for Xizor

I just think he has the superior resources and cunning over Malgus. Malgus is the ideal sith warrior, he charges straight ahead at a problem and overcomes it, destroying anything in his path. Even his New Empire plot can be evidence of this as once he had the resources and the opening, he dived straight in. This has always been his undoing. Xizor is far more patient. I feel he can hold Malgus off long enough and frustrate him enough to find out what traps work, and then just make it as painful as possible for Malgus to move forward. Eventually attrition, manipulation, and assassinations will take their toll and Xizor's resources will win out. With Xizor's money, he could probably lose his entire fleet, buy another one, and have it ready to fight rather quickly.

I just think he has the superior resources and cunning over Malgus. Malgus is the ideal sith warrior, he charges straight ahead at a problem and overcomes it, destroying anything in his path. Even his New Empire plot can be evidence of this as once he had the resources and the opening, he dived straight in. This has always been his undoing. Xizor is far more patient. I feel he can hold Malgus off long enough and frustrate him enough to find out what traps work, and then just make it as painful as possible for Malgus to move forward. Eventually attrition, manipulation, and assassinations will take their toll and Xizor's resources will win out. With Xizor's money, he could probably lose his entire fleet, buy another one, and have it ready to fight rather quickly.

While right, Beni said that Malgus knows where Xizor is due to him having a fixed location. So what is stopping Malgus from just jumping his entire fleet to Courscant? (Or at least that is what I recall Beni putting down.)

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

While right, Beni said that Malgus knows where Xizor is due to him having a fixed location. So what is stopping Malgus from just jumping his entire fleet to Courscant? (Or at least that is what I recall Beni putting down.)

Beni mentioned somewhere earlier that Malgus would take a few days and Xizor would have a fleet ready by then so that scenario is off the table is what I recall. I'll go look for it.

Edit: yeah second post down on page 13. the 3rd or 4th paragraph.

2nd Edit: here it is

Basically Malgus has the advantage of a slightly superior military while Xizor has the advantage of being safe in his palace setting traps for Malgus at every turn. If anything the battle is in Xizor's favour. He can hold Malgus off long enough to set a lethal trap.

And just for the record if Malgus strikes at Coruscant straight away it will take him several days to get there and Xizor will have a fleet waiting to crush him.

Basically I'm not entirely convinced Malgus would win, and I don't want you guys to be all surprised if when the tallies are done Xizor emerges the victor - the way I see it the battle could swing either way.]

Edited by StarSquirrel

Beni mentioned somewhere earlier that Malgus would take a few days and Xizor would have a fleet ready by then so that scenario is off the table is what I recall. I'll go look for it.

Edit: yeah second post down on page 13. the 3rd or 4th paragraph.

Oh right I see....ya...actually Xizor would have the defensive advantage there. He can outfit all his ships with cloaking devices/sensor jammers, then when Malgus fleet pops in and uncloaks to attack, Xizor's fleet uncloaks and takes them by surprise. Xizor could also outfit his fleet, with mass driver cannons which would be able to rip right through shielded cruisers. Also point defense cannons= torpedos/missiles useless. Actually you know what...Xizor would have a great chance at destroying Malgus fleet.

Mass Driver Cannons= Punch through shielded cruisers.

Point Defense Cannons= Missiles/Torpedos useless

Shield draining tech= Drains shields on Malgus's cruisers.

Sensor Jammers= Can prevent from ships locking on right with their weapons.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Oh right I see....ya...actually Xizor would have the defensive advantage there. He can outfit all his ships with cloaking devices/sensor jammers, then when Malgus fleet pops in and uncloaks to attack, Xizor's fleet uncloaks and takes them by surprise. Xizor could also outfit his fleet, with mass driver cannons which would be able to rip right through shielded cruisers. Also point defense cannons= torpedos/missiles useless. Actually you know what...Xizor would have a great chance at destroying Malgus fleet.

I thought you were done? Just kidding, that's a great point. Malgus would t be able to attack directly, but why would be in the beginning? Any decent general know that. Malgus isn't your basic general, he knows his stuff. Attack small colonies and gather info, spread Xizor thin. Then attack weak points, and sabatoge. Finally, lead your sith to the palace and take it. Lay traps, and lie often. Use your strengths against Xizor.

I thought you were done? Just kidding, that's a great point. Malgus would t be able to attack directly, but why would be in the beginning? Any decent general know that. Malgus isn't your basic general, he knows his stuff. Attack small colonies and gather info, spread Xizor thin. Then attack weak points, and sabatoge. Finally, lead your sith to the palace and take it. Lay traps, and lie often. Use your strengths against Xizor.
A good plan, but one that could easily work against him. Because all that gives is Xizor time to set up a lethal trap e.g. fake his death, I mean he could grow a clone in that time.

Good point. I, also, think that Xizor wins this one.

Right, right yes I am done lol. NOW I am REALLY done....DONE, DONE, DONE!

How long would it take to outfit these vessels with all of this tech? The way I see it is that only a fraction of the vessels will have all of that tech equipped.

But not all of them need to be equipped with it. Spread the tech out. Gives a nice variety to Xizor's fleet.

Using this, Xizor could have the advantage in space. But Malgus can always just land his ground troops and invade the palace while the fleets battle overhead. That would mean Xizor would have to lay a trap. But what if the trap doesn't work? Then Malgus is still up and going and Xizor is fleeing (because really I doubt he could face a Sith Lord in combat).

The battle could go either way in my opinion. I think it depends on whether or not Xizor's trap works out.

How long would it take to outfit these vessels with all of this tech? The way I see it is that only a fraction of the vessels will have all of that tech equipped.

But not all of them need to be equipped with it. Spread the tech out. Gives a nice variety to Xizor's fleet.

Using this, Xizor could have the advantage in space. But Malgus can always just land his ground troops and invade the palace while the fleets battle overhead. That would mean Xizor would have to lay a trap. But what if the trap doesn't work? Then Malgus is still up and going and Xizor is fleeing (because really I doubt he could face a Sith Lord in combat).

The battle could go either way in my opinion. I think it depends on whether or not Xizor's trap works out.

Alright so Malgus lands his troops and heads to the palace, these troops being armed with illegal weapons and armor that Malgus's troops wouldn't have come across. A Hulk infantry droid tank is a monster, which Xizor could gain access too...he could also gain access to IG-86's, droidekas and the like. Infact there could be a battle and a trap going on inside the palace, one of the men having a dead man's switch to activate the bio weapon or explosives or one of the droids when destroyed could do that. Xizor could also gain access to AT-APs.

Ok now I am officially done, DONE! if I come back and post about the battle you can hit me with a frying pan.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Alright so Malgus lands his troops and heads to the palace, these troops being armed with illegal weapons and armor that Malgus's troops wouldn't have come across. A Hulk infantry droid tank is a monster, which Xizor could gain access too...he could also gain access to IG-86's, droidekas and the like.

Good point. However Malgus has some pretty powerful forces as well, including himself and some Sith. I'm not definite on the exact numbers, but I think Malgus and the Sith would be able to make it through.

Then BOOM!!! Xizor's trap kills the rest of them.

So taking everything into consideration, I think Xizor might be able to outmaneuver Malgus. As a planner, Xizor can plan out all of the angles to get every advantage he can possibly get. But that relies on Malgus not taking the direct approach. If Malgus simply goes straight for Coruscant from the get-go, Xizor could be in trouble.

I think the battle goes either way, but Xizor has the more long term advantage.

Hoping Xizor goes up against G0-T0 sometime :)

Good point. However Malgus has some pretty powerful forces as well, including himself and some Sith. I'm not definite on the exact numbers, but I think Malgus and the Sith would be able to make it through.

Then BOOM!!! Xizor's trap kills the rest of them.

So taking everything into consideration, I think Xizor might be able to outmaneuver Malgus. As a planner, Xizor can plan out all of the angles to get every advantage he can possibly get. But that relies on Malgus not taking the direct approach. If Malgus simply goes straight for Coruscant from the get-go, Xizor could be in trouble.

I think the battle goes either way, but Xizor has the more long term advantage.

Hoping Xizor goes up against G0-T0 sometime :)

Tbh Xizor would wreck G0-T0, there is a reason why the Hutts/Exchange never could catch up to the Black Sun, and why the Black Sun is the best underworld organization. Credits and resources(also could throw in leadership), something that Xizor has a limitless supply of and he could purchase whatever the hell he wants. Looking at it and scaling each underworld, I think it goes something like this..

1. Black Sun

2. Hutt Cartel

3. Exchange/Zann Consortuim

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Tbh Xizor would wreck G0-T0, there is a reason why the Hutts/Exchange never could catch up to the Black Sun. Credits and resources, something that Xizor has a limitless supply of and he could purchase whatever the hell he wants.
*hits him on head with frying pan* I kid, I kid, there's nothing wrong with not being able to resist the irresistible power of the Kaggath. :D

Tbh Xizor would wreck G0-T0, there is a reason why the Hutts/Exchange never could catch up to the Black Sun. Credits and resources, something that Xizor has a limitless supply of and he could purchase whatever the hell he wants. Looking at it and scaling each underworld, I think it goes something like this..

1. Black Sun

2. Hutt Cartel

3. Exchange/Zann Consortuim

Probably right.

Now where's my frying pan! :D

A good plan, but one that could easily work against him. Because all that gives is Xizor time to set up a lethal trap e.g. fake his death, I mean he could grow a clone in that time.

True. I like Xizor, but I feel Malgus could be beaten easier by G0-T0. So I chose him. But anyway, I could see that. The thing is, do the opponents know they are in a kaggath? If so, as soon as Balck Sun does anything, the plan fails, as Malgus would know Xizor is alive. If not, then that would be the only way to fool Malgus.

EDIT: I found yours Aurbere. *hands Aurbere frying pan*

Edited by Canino

I think it needs to be pointed out that Xizor's fleet would be completely outmatched by the fleet Malgus has...

Remember Xizor's entire Black Sun fleet consisted of Corellian Corvettes, Freighters, Gunships, and starfighters...

Malgus had access to capital ships that would be the equivalent of Star Destroyers...

Barring superweapons, if Xizor's fleet got into a space battle with Malgus's fleet, they'd be on a 1 way trip to the scrap heap...

Now Xizor's starfighters would have an advantage against the starfighters Malgus would be fielding, the ships going up against the capital ships of Malgus's fleet would be obliterated well before that.

There was a reason why the Rebel Alliance always did "hit and hype" attacks... Until the Mon Calamari joined the Alliance, they had no ship that could go toe-to-toe against a Victory Class Star Destroyer, let alone an Imperial Star Destroyer... While Rebel Starfighters had the ability to take down an ISD, it doesn't do them much good to lose their carrier in the process...

The Mon Cal Cruiser was the first Rebel Capital Ship that actually could take on an ISD and have a chance at winning, 2 Mon Cal ships could take down an ISD easy...

Xizor does not have any capital ships that can go toe to toe against ships that would be the equivalent of Star Destroyers...