Gearing up at level 50!!!

QuiMarTintinn

Recently I reached level 50 with my Powertech. It's my first level 50 alt.

I got the Tionese gear as a reward for reaching level 50 and decided to go to Section X and try to obtain HK51. After several tries, getting my *** kicked by the mobs, (despite of the Tionese gear) I got very frustrated by the fact that all the dailies I picked up are marked Orange instead of green and my *** is kicked all the time.

I'm starting to believe that maybe my gear isn't good enough. I'm not much of a PVP-er and haven't got any experience with endgame gear and operations and such. I haven't done Ilum yet, does that make any difference perhaps?

Need some advice in how to gear my alt properly so that I can do dailies easier with better gear and how to participate in operations etc.

May sound a bit noobie, but I don't care, any help would be much appreciated! :)

Edited by QuiMarTintinn

I'm also fairly new at the whole level 50 gear thing. I've had a couple 50s for a while, but I haven't done more than run dailies. The info the game gives you when you hit 50 and when you go pick up your free gear makes it sound like we should be able to run hard mode flashpoints and story mode Eternity Vault in our Tionese gear, but I haven't tried yet.

I have done the non heroic Section X dailies once, with a Guardian who didn't even have his free Tionese gear yet. It was harder than the Ilum, Black Hole, or Belsavis dailies (so maybe go try those first), but it wasn't impossible by any means. My Guardian is a tank and I had my melee DPS companion with me, so maybe that's just a good mix for Section X. : p

Edited by ReverendAnderson

I got the Tionese gear as a reward for reaching level 50 and decided to go to Section X and try to obtain HK51. After several tries, getting my *** kicked by the mobs, (despite of the Tionese gear) I got very frustrated by the fact that all the dailies I picked up are marked Orange instead of green and my *** is kicked all the time.

I'm starting to believe that maybe my gear isn't good enough. I'm not much of a PVP-er and haven't got any experience with endgame gear and operations and such. I haven't done Ilum yet, does that make any difference perhaps?

Need some advice in how to gear my alt properly so that I can do dailies easier with better gear and how to participate in operations etc.

May sound a bit noobie, but I don't care, any help would be much appreciated! :)

Tionese should be enough to tackle dailies. Maybe your companion is badly equipped? Remember that his equip is as important as yours.

Also, if you want to get better equip then join the queue for tier 1 Hard modes (tionese is more than enough for those). You will get some much needed columi pieces.

Edited by Spoletta

The HK-51 quests in Section X are heroics...

I got the Tionese gear as a reward for reaching level 50 and decided to go to Section X and try to obtain HK51. After several tries, getting my *** kicked by the mobs, (despite of the Tionese gear)

1. My first question to you is beside your Tionese gear, did you make sure your Relics and Implants are geared to where they need to be as well?

2. Are you pulling too many mobs to you at once? Try taking one mob at a time.

3. Learn to use your abilities to their maximum ability. What I mean is that , now, in the Endgame environment, you have to know the strengths and limits of your spec and class so that you can maximize your performance. Section X dailies are not as easy as the Belsavis basic dailies, but they are still dailies. Just the other day I almost ran directly into Dreadtooth while trying to run the Section X dailies. Thankfully I moved back before pulling aggro, which needless to say would have resulted in my quick and immediate death.

I just hit 50 on my first character (gunslinger) this weekend. I used all of my saved WZ/ranked WZ commendations to get several war hero pieces, and the rest of my outfit I used the recruit set that you get for free at level 50. The recruit pieces I didn't need went on my healing companion whose main stat (cunning) is the same as mine, and I rounded him out with my old level 47-49 gear. I used my free tionese commendations to fully equip Bowdaar, my tank companion, who I use for dailies. This build still needs to be upgraded, but works pretty well to get the dailies done.

What did you do with your recruit gear? If you haven't claimed it already, consider picking it up and using it on your companion.

wont help at 50 but as i go from 40 to 50 on an alt, i make sure my pvp coins are maxed at 2750 so when i hit 50 i can buy the tionese gear and then use my pvp comms to get the war hero earpiece, bracers and 2 implants. i use the 2 battlemaster relics from the free bag of recruit-2 gear and with all three of those steps it's enough to do dailys on belsavis and corellia as well as 4 man hardmodes and the /LFG EV-KP sm. gear will come fairly quickly and with the 25 starter BH comms from some longago update or something you should have your first piece of BH gear in a day or 2 depending on what you want to upgrade first. keep plugging away and if you're a tank or healer, try respec'ing to dps for a week or 2 in order to hope for carries in /LFG as tanks and heals are harder to gear from fresh 50 to end-game, and if you're undergeared at those 2 roles it will ruin a group

oooh and if you're amormech you can make rakata belt and bracers for yourself with minimal effort as soon as you hit 50 as well. then you can mix them in with the above gear-strat :)

Edited by Feztonio

You know how they list Lost Island Hard Mode as a Tier 2 flashpoint, well figure Section X is a Tier 2 Daily area... It's not really meant for people who just turned 50 and only have Tionese Gear.

Ideally you'll want Rakata/Black Hole Gear to do Section X

Daily Areas: (Gear you need if you don't do operations)

Belsavis & Illum = Tionese Gear <-- Given to you at 50

Black Hole = Columi Gear <-- You get it by doing HM Flashpoints

Section X = Black Hole Gear <-- You get it by saving up black hole commendations

Now I'm not saying you can't do the above in lesser gear, it's just going to be a lot harder if you do.

Edited by Monoth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.