What abilities do you have on your action bar that you don't have on your cover bar?

Kurugi

I'm wondering because I've noticed there are more abilities that can only be used in cover than there are abilities that I don't want to have access to while in cover.

For example, Vital Shot doesn't require cover to use. However, I still want to use it while in cover, so I'd want it on both my standard bar and my cover bar (or hotkeyed somewhere else). The same can be said of a lot of other abilities as well.

The problem is while there are some abilities I can see myself barely using in PvE, I can make a case for wanting access to every single ability I have while in cover for PvP, and since I do quite a bit of PvP I'm considering dumping the cover bar altogether. The main thing that's prevented me from playing gunslinger in the past has been the cover bar and the difficulty I have in coming up with a satisfactory hotkey configuration.

What I'm looking for is opinions on abilities you don't find necessary to use while in cover, and also opinions on the usage of the cover bar in general. So far the only abilities I haven't really cared about having access to while in cover are Quick Shot, Blaster Whip, and Dirty Kick (though the last one is questionable).

Keep in mind this is mainly in regards to PvP. Thanks.

I'm wondering because I've noticed there are more abilities that can only be used in cover than there are abilities that I don't want to have access to while in cover.

For example, Vital Shot doesn't require cover to use. However, I still want to use it while in cover, so I'd want it on both my standard bar and my cover bar (or hotkeyed somewhere else). The same can be said of a lot of other abilities as well.

The problem is while there are some abilities I can see myself barely using in PvE, I can make a case for wanting access to every single ability I have while in cover for PvP, and since I do quite a bit of PvP I'm considering dumping the cover bar altogether. The main thing that's prevented me from playing gunslinger in the past has been the cover bar and the difficulty I have in coming up with a satisfactory hotkey configuration.

What I'm looking for is opinions on abilities you don't find necessary to use while in cover, and also opinions on the usage of the cover bar in general. So far the only abilities I haven't really cared about having access to while in cover are Quick Shot, Blaster Whip, and Dirty Kick (though the last one is questionable).

I don't use the cover bar, it's too clumsy for my taste. It's hard enough for me to keep track of the keybinds for all my classes, then add a class where the keybinds change depending on situation? That's above my level, lol

Personally, i am against having different abilities in the same keybinds while in cover and out of cover. The problem is, because of lag you may end up activating the ability that was bound of cover while you are already in cover. I had bound "V" for class buffs out of cover and Entrench while in cover. No need to say that that ended up to be a disaster. I immediately removed the cover bar and changed my keybinds.

Huh to be honest I never gave this much thought. I have the same abilities in and out of cover. The ones I use while out of cover are on the second bar. It woks or but I wonder if I would benifit in changing this?

The only thing I have change with the cover bar is Sab Charge overlaps Quick Shot, Charged Burst overlaps Blaster Whip, and Aimed Shot overlaps Dirty Kick. For PvP I always spec into the Dirty Kick speed boost so I'm always out of cover when I want to use it, and popping in and out of cover to use it isn't much of a bother.

I use 2 rows of keys. Bottom row is stuff I always want to have and can use in or out of cover. first 4 slots of the top row is the same on both, but the next 4 are cover-only on my cover bar and non-cover only (melee) on my normal tool bar. I like to keep it as non-confusing as possible, only 4 actual slots change for me when I go into cover.

The abilities I have on my cover bar are pretty much my main attacks I use for my rotation. I got my normal shot, charged burst, followthrough, aimed shot, and then vital shot and dirty kick, and then i also have vital shot on the out of cover main bar with normal shot, vital shot and dirty kick. Other things like quickdraw, sabotage charge, etc... I have on the bar UNDER the main/cover bar and I have them keybinded. It's nice to have sabotage charge on the bottom because this way you can always see when the cooldown is up even if you're not in cover. I also have all my defensive cooldowns and knockbacks/stuns/root on the bottom one so I can activate them either in or out of cover. Oh I also have hunker down on my cover bar as well.... lol sorry trying to remember. Armor debuff is also on the bottom quickbar and binded.... and then there are things I can just click if I need to like the giant shield to protect the raid etc...which I have on the extra side bars but I used the editor so they're small and next to the 2 main quickbars on the bottom.

Blaster wip for me. I dont generaly use it. I prefer using a ranged ability instead of blaster w. because it still has 20 energy cost and no benefit from skill tree i use. However I have it on non-cover action bar because its usefull as an additional damage source while moving in addition to thermal granade , quick shot. I use quick shot , blaster w. thermal to execute low hp targets with quick draw.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...