The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Accuracy's defence penetration formula (points over 100%) ?

Nanarchist

Someone know it ?

Because i think having like ~76% surge and ~97%/~107% accuracy is better than having 79% surge and 90%/100% accuracy. After 75% surge is not that good, and the accuracy, besides benefits on railshot chances to hit, could be a pretty good increase on dps with tech abilities.

Edited by Nanarchist

On character sheet it says : accuracy over 100% reduce target defence... So yes i think it does something.

I think it affects defence rating of your opponent, his chances to deflect/dodge/resist/parry.

EDIT : Found this : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=194690, but seeing coms he seems to be wrong.

Edited by Nanarchist

Here is a hypothetical situation to help you understand:

You have 105% ranged and melee accuracy and your opponent has 5% defense chance. Your accuracy is calculated as 100% (105-5=100) when you attack that opponent with ranged and melee attacks.

First is a hit roll, accuracy versus defense, and if the attacker misses then no damage occurs. If the attacker rolled poorly enough to miss even discounting the target’s defense then a “Miss” result occurs. If he misses because of the defense then the result varies based on the attack type, the cover state of the target, and the target’s equipped weapons. All the possible results – Dodge, Parry, Deflect, Resist, Cover – are mathematically the same, but they can trigger different effects and are visualized in different ways.

If the attacker hits, then a second roll is made with the crit chance of the attacker versus the shield chance of the target. If a Crit or a Shield occurs then the damage is adjusted up or down (based on Surge/Absorb), and then it goes through to the armor and damage resistance. A critical can never be shielded, and an attacker with a high enough crit chance can push the target’s shield chance off the table. It shouldn’t be possible to get your passive crit chance high enough to start pushing off the target’s shield chance, but there are short-duration buffs that push these chances high enough to come into conflict.