What is the most useless pvp spec?

DigitalDreamz

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By a mile lightning sorc.

2 secs to cast your 31pt skill for a total of 3.5k damage to 1 toon nice. Less if affliction not on.

3 sec chain lightning for 2k -2.5k aoe hit man this makes me feel powerful. This was so OP we had it taken off wraith cant be doing 2.5k aoe hits instant after a proc can we. erm wait a sec?

Cleary the sorc was op back in the day and if CL was back on wrath again would destroy every other char. I might even run upto 5 Warriors bunched up and lay the smack down with this aoe hit. (ROFLMAO)....

1.5 sec for a lightning strike 1.3k clearly 1.3k is amazing damage this will soon be nerfed to minimum 2 sec cast

at least we have an amazing force recovery mechanism, 2k -2.5k health dumped and 10 secs gimped force regen (which is already slowest regen in the game) for 8% force that seems cool better do it twice or 4 skills on your bar are still greyed out from 1 consumption.

I forgot me resource free hits!!!!! Every char has them who needs to regen force I can still hit him. Erm maybe the tooltip is incorrect my RANGED sorc has 2 MELEE attacks resorce free?

You know what, the above is a lot of casting & turret play let me use my kitting abilities. so I keep him off me with my conned KB & skilfully use my force runaway let me hit him on the move with erm.erm,erm oh yeah got my

shock 1.5k 6sec cd erm ok now there is affliction, slow wait thats it? I guess my kiting rotation is shock ->

aff -> slow -> X -> Shock -> X -> X -> X Where X is my filler. Erm filler you say? you must mean the other skills not greyed out on the run, like Cleanse, consumption.

Signed :mad:

A Retired Sorc:

I could do 400k with an arsenal merc, if let alone or healed as hell. But if a melee wanted me dead I would be... plain and simple.

Two months ago, I changed to pyro. The numbers may be not as big as sometimes I could do with an arsenal spec, but I can manage to kite and survive a lot in situations that would be impossible as an arsenal.

The point is if someone is good enuff to do a good job with an Arsenal Merc or Pyro Merc, he could do a lot more as a PT Pyro. Same thing with Light Sorc / Tele Sage or Letal Agent / Dirty Fight Scoundrel, if changed to the other DPS tree of the AC.

Rage and pyro are horrible.

OMG ITS SO TRUE!

Rage needs a proc where the cooldown of smash is reset every time you hit a target with an attack that uses rage.

Pyro needs railshot to be on a 1.5 second cooldown to compete with it's merc equivalent.

I mean seriously, doing 20k damage in 4 cooldowns is just terrible.

I made a Dirty Fighting toon and had a lot of fun with it. Always scored top damage in warzones despite being in full recruit gear. Then I gave it up since my main toon was in the Imp faction. DF subclass is fully capable of 900k warzone damage scores. This is less than Guardian, Sentinal or Sage, but you get other sorts of utility from the DF subclass.

When comparing toons piloted by expert players, Merc dps is easily has the lowest damage output amongst the dps subclasses. On top of this it has the lowest survivability. And the lowest utility. Zero reason to have a Merc dps on a ranked team. Clearly the worst subclass in the game. Period.

By a mile lightning sorc.

2 secs to cast your 31pt skill for a total of 3.5k damage to 1 toon nice. Less if affliction not on.

3 sec chain lightning for 2k -2.5k aoe hit man this makes me feel powerful. This was so OP we had it taken off wraith cant be doing 2.5k aoe hits instant after a proc can we. erm wait a sec?

Cleary the sorc was op back in the day and if CL was back on wrath again would destroy every other char. I might even run upto 5 Warriors bunched up and lay the smack down with this aoe hit. (ROFLMAO)....

1.5 sec for a lightning strike 1.3k clearly 1.3k is amazing damage this will soon be nerfed to minimum 2 sec cast

at least we have an amazing force recovery mechanism, 2k -2.5k health dumped and 10 secs gimped force regen (which is already slowest regen in the game) for 8% force that seems cool better do it twice or 4 skills on your bar are still greyed out from 1 consumption.

I forgot me resource free hits!!!!! Every char has them who needs to regen force I can still hit him. Erm maybe the tooltip is incorrect my RANGED sorc has 2 MELEE attacks resorce free?

You know what, the above is a lot of casting & turret play let me use my kitting abilities. so I keep him off me with my conned KB & skilfully use my force runaway let me hit him on the move with erm.erm,erm oh yeah got my

shock 1.5k 6sec cd erm ok now there is affliction, slow wait thats it? I guess my kiting rotation is shock ->

aff -> slow -> X -> Shock -> X -> X -> X Where X is my filler. Erm filler you say? you must mean the other skills not greyed out on the run, like Cleanse, consumption.

Signed :mad:

A Retired Sorc:

lol

yeah that ranged free attack should be here any day now

and you're forgetting the sorcerer's best regen tool

/stuck

All specs are good, terribads just need l2p.

I saw wz where dirty fighting scoundrel make 800k damage, and where gunnery commando make 300-400 k damage -compared with average rage jugg/focus guardian.

pretty sure the question was most useless

unless you think all specs are 100% balanced

in which case, you're a moron

I made a Dirty Fighting toon and had a lot of fun with it. Always scored top damage in warzones despite being in full recruit gear. Then I gave it up since my main toon was in the Imp faction. DF subclass is fully capable of 900k warzone damage scores. This is less than Guardian, Sentinal or Sage, but you get other sorts of utility from the DF subclass.

When comparing toons piloted by expert players, Merc dps is easily has the lowest damage output amongst the dps subclasses. On top of this it has the lowest survivability. And the lowest utility. Zero reason to have a Merc dps on a ranked team. Clearly the worst subclass in the game. Period.

Yeah, you can deal a ton of damage. If all enemies stand close together, nobody has ever even heard of removing dots off their team mates, and nobody ever tries to kill you. It's a nice spec for normal warzones, as long as you're not up against coordinated teams... but I have never heard of a lethality/dirty fighting op/scoundrel in ranked games, because it's utterly useless if people start to get their act together.

Besides the whole damage aspect, you are throwing out AoE dots. And single target dots. Perfect scenario for you, everyone has dots on them. Which means that your team cannot mezz enemies at all. That's just bad.

Shield Tech Vanguards are terrible, their mitigation is horrible and their defensive cooldowns are a joke

Useless in pvp? You either haven't played it or just down right don't know idea what you are doing. It is very helpful in pvp. If you are in a random group of skywalkers with no healers then well yeah. Every prof will suck. But the worst for pvp? Wrong. :rolleyes:

Edited by Skyhigh

Yeah, you can deal a ton of damage. If all enemies stand close together, nobody has ever even heard of removing dots off their team mates, and nobody ever tries to kill you.

Compare this to Merc Pyro. You have all those negatives PLUS you have a lower ability to do damage to enemy clusters PLUS you lose the ability to stealth.

can post screenshots of multiple 800-900 DPS games on lethality operative, balance shadow, and i haven't played enough lightning sorc but its really not that bad guys lol.

lethality op: you essentially have unlimited energy with the right crit setup and your two 30m range internal damage dots ticking and restoring energy. corrosive dart deals more damage and costs less energy than the sniper counterpart. these two dots alone deal a combined of 6k+ damage on the tooltip in full war hero. you dont even need stealth (however its quite annoying being held in combat after you die and respawn). dot stuff-> try to burst-> los offheal -> redot -> try to burst

balance shadow: again, unlimited mana, spread dots, great rotting ability. 3 person 30m+ aoe that can crit close to 5k and above. only 1 class can dispel their dots (sorc). capable of multiple 5k+ backstabs in a row. 30m two second root. small self heals from dot crits. this class may be squishy but i think is one of the true glass cannons in swtor.

lightning sorc: your filler also procs mana regen, you have bubble stun, knockback root, thundering blast isnt really that hard to get off, and if you have your haste cd up you dont have to worry about being interrupted. rotation: affliction>crushingdarkness>thunderblast>forcelightning>shock. granted with a decent melee on you interrupting it can be annoying to get damage off, however at the same time if you are doing it right, you can prevent 1-2 melee from doing any damage themselves for periods of time. so keep this in mind.

granted its not nearly as efficient or desired as pyrotech/rage, you can still do decent, and with the right rated team im sure you could find a niche for these specs.

that being said, i do think these specs need severe overhauls. along with others i didnt mention.

Edited by Motoeric

lol

pretty sure the question was most useless

unless you think all specs are 100% balanced

in which case, you're a moron

yea because achieving this "100% balance" is easy right?

right now whoever wins is whoever hit their buttons faster. honestly

So concealment operatives aren't as bad as lethality operatives?

Yep. Concealment takes more skill, but is far more effective an useful in skilled hands. Lethality has problems with restelathing, dispels and survivability.

And also yes, full lightning sorc sint' as bad as most people think, but as a commenter above me said almost all the specs mentioned here really need to be reworked. Just because something is usable in pvp doesn't mean its truely viable in pvp

yea because achieving this "100% balance" is easy right?

right now whoever wins is whoever hit their buttons faster. honestly

Pretty sure the topic of the thread is: What is the most useless pvp spec?

And the person I quoted said all specs are good. Just need to learn to play.

So I figured he probably thought the game was 100% balanced, because that would be the only way you could think that no class/spec is weaker in pvp (even if it can be good).

And yeah its impossible to have 100% balance in a game like this. Anyone who thinks different is delusional.