skavak tips please

Zaella

I'm a level 31 gunslinger and I'm having trouble getting close to killing him (the closest I've gotten is 1/4th left on the health bar. I've tried the interrupts but he still manages to kill Corso. Have I not timed the interrupts correctly? I've used endurance and cunning stims, and med units. I sitll have the Nar Shadaa bonus quests to do, should I go and get another level or so before trying? Any tips would be appreciated.

which level is he at the time ? if it's 5 or more than 5 you should return later. otherwise the companion cool downs are quite useful (heroic moment, unity if you have). some heroic moment abilities are very powerful.

biochem meds that restore companion health are useful too.

Thank you for the reply. Skavak is currently 33 for me. I'm not really impressed with the heroic moment for the gunslinger class. Maybe I don't use in the correct way. I will keep at it, maybe I can find the right combination.

I did this one in the early days of the before times and I don't remember him being hard at all, but I'm pretty sure I was also level 35 as this was before the free to play players and their lowered xp gains.

If you've having lots of trouble I'm just gonna suggest you go ahead and do the nar shadaa bonus series and any other bonus series you might have missed.

Otherwise gear or looking at your build. If you're doing chain interrupts and whatnot it sounds like you're playing right so I don't think it's anything with your playstyle.

Also: Make sure to time the finisher to a dirty kick. It won't really change anything, but it certainly made me feel better.

Thank you for the reply. Skavak is currently 33 for me. I'm not really impressed with the heroic moment for the gunslinger class. Maybe I don't use in the correct way. I will keep at it, maybe I can find the right combination.

well the heroic moment for all classes is a healing over time effect for both you and your companion.

if skavak is only 2 levels higher he should not be a problem.

as for interrupts. he might have more than one ability and it would be worth it to interrupt only the strongest (the one that makes corso drop the most) there are act1 bosses considerably harder than skavak. check whether you have unity, that will probably win the fight for you alone (legacy ability gained when you have one light5 character and a certain legacy level)

http://www.torhead.com/ability/fdpfJz0/unity