The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

1 Year and not much content? Should be B2P...

AdamChattaway

TSW did not fail.....:rolleyes:

You know, because you dont play a game, does not mean it is a failure, i wish people would understand that.

Well pal i played the game since 16 hours a day for months, it failed when the servers were empty and the pvp was broken, 1 shot in pvp what the fu is that? who hits first wins, that is not pvp...

it has more players now people can return for free but did you see the servers before B2P? i did i played it, i saw it i was there, so dont say because i dont play a game, because i did.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

meses? it took me 2 or 3 weeks get level 60

No vanilla wow took the average player 6 months to get to lv 60, as for TSW, why do you not want SWTOR to be B2P? it would give the devs a box to sell for £30, people could play and enjoy the game as much as they want and pvp and raid and run dungeons unlimited like GW2, and the devs would get a constant flow of money when they release new story dlc packs, why are oyu against this? or are you just an ignorant chav cu?

No vanilla wow took the average player 6 months to get to lv 60, as for TSW, why do you not want SWTOR to be B2P? it would give the devs a box to sell for £30, people could play and enjoy the game as much as they want and pvp and raid and run dungeons unlimited like GW2, and the devs would get a constant flow of money when they release new story dlc packs, why are oyu against this? or are you just an ignorant chav cu?

Look at his post history. He just baits people who are unsatisfied with the game to threads to insult them and vehemently defends anything BW does without a thought. Hes Andryah 2.0 basically.

Its obvious by that statement that you did not play Vanilla WoW,

QFT. Getting my first character to 60 took ages. Mostly without rested XP past level 30. I wouldn't recommend that to anyone.

ThenI levelled a protection paladin to 60 in vanilla WoW...

Probably my most masochistic gaming experience ever!

It's obvious you didn't.

The earliest WoW had players spend a total of 10-13 days of total /played to hit level 60. For those on a 'nolife' schedule of 12 hours a day, that would mean between 20 to 26 days of real time. Admittedly, that does not take into account the server instabilities early WoW was plagued with.

Just because it was your first MMO or your schedule didn't allow no-lifing back then, doesn't make it 6 months to get to 60 for everyone else. When WoW launched, one of the major gripes experienced MMO players had with it was that levelling was too quick. Funny how history repeats itself eh?

Edited by Devlonir

It's also obvious that the lot which claims that it took many MONTHS to get to level 60 didn't play it either, or were doing something horribly wrong in the process if they indeed needed those "many months" to hit top level.

It's obvious you didn't.

The earliest WoW had players spend a total of 10-13 days of total /played to hit level 60. For those on a 'nolife' schedule of 12 hours a day, that would mean between 20 to 26 days of real time. Admittedly, that does not take into account the server instabilities early WoW was plagued with.

Just because it was your first MMO or your schedule didn't allow no-lifing back then, doesn't make it 6 months to get to 60 for everyone else. When WoW launched, one of the major gripes experienced MMO players had with it was that levelling was too quick. Funny how history repeats itself eh?

Are you seriously that obtuse? /played time and playing a game for two weeks are two completely different things. Man everytime you post it just becomes more and more ridiculous.

Edited by Kazaganthis

Whats with all this WoW nonsense anyway, off topic much?

If you trolls miss it so badly nobody is stopping you to go back to it.

Good plan. Keep telling people to leave so the game shut down. An intelligent person would see the flaw in this considering we already lost so many. But by all means keep telling people to leave. So smart.

Good plan. Keep telling people to leave so the game shut down. An intelligent person would see the flaw in this considering we already lost so many. But by all means keep telling people to leave. So smart.

I am not telling people to leave, i am simply saying that this thread has become ridiculous, all of a sudden everything revolves around WoW for whatever reasons.

Besides the OP started a debate centered around one topic and somewhere along the line he began to blabber about WoW, stating some things which reeked of troll to say the least.

No one on this forum is going to be able to stop anyone from leaving if they have made that decision.

I'll say it again, if you don't like this game there is nothing wrong with picking up and leaving. Filling the forums with useless "this is what I would so if I was in charge" posts doesn't the help anyone. It's all conspiracy theories (300 million, killed SWG, cartel market means the game won't expand anymore and be shut down in 3 months), and ranting and baseless analytics (trying to claim they have 100,000 subs and is FTP).

So again, leave if you don't like it. If your here to stay and need to criticize, do it constructively so people understand what you don't like.

Edited by Arkerus

Game can't go BTP now. The download is free. We can't go back. This won't happen. TSW needs their own business model and that is what they have chosen. I wish them all the best but that isn't happening here.

Anyway, as I pointed out earlier, we got way more content than equivalent games did their first year. Yes, mistakes were made. Yes, the engine needs optimized.

I'm not worried about a lack of content. I'm worried about the lack of ability to fix bugs and keep them fixed. When this MMO came out, it had few bugs compared to other new MMO's. But many of those few bugs are still there and now there are even more! It's like the quality control team left after release.

Also... I'm not too pleased with customer support.

As far as BTP goes, I don't have a problem paying a subscription if it provides me with a steady stream of fun content.

Edited by EcrirTwyLar

Are you seriously that obtuse? /played time and playing a game for two weeks are two completely different things. Man everytime you post it just becomes more and more ridiculous.

Is your reading comprehension seriously that bad?

Read my post again before claiming other people stupid. Seriously..

I never claimed a 2 weeks timeline. You were the one who claimed months though. And I came with proof that people with certain play schedules could easilly go to 60 within a month in vanilla wow. Just because you didn't at the time doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Same here in TOR, which was my initial point anyway. Some people go through content faster than others. TOR is catered to the slower content consumer and not the faster one. But thinking that WoW had months of content before you were max level is just a factually untrue statement.

PS. What this, factually, means is that for some people even TOR has months of content, and for others it doesn't. People play at different paces. And the game that fits you best is the one that releases new content around the same pace as you desire it.

For me, that is TOR. Does that make me a biodrone? Apparently it does. But I see no other MMO fulfill my personal need to enjoy myself in an MMO environment while still feeling I am progressing one way or another in a pace I feel comfortable with.

In a past, when I had more time to spend, that gap was filled by WoW or other MMO's. Do I feel bitter about those games because it no longer does that for me? No I don't. Do I therefore feel it is silly if other people do? Yes I do. Does that make me a Biodrone or a reasonable person?

Edited by Devlonir

A few thoughts:

Isn't it the case the the MMO industry is moving away from the WoW/EQ game as hobby style of MMO?

It's probably the case that WoW is a one off (right game at the right time) and that noone else will able to capture it. Probably not even Blizzard.

Surely the way forward is to make an MMO that people dip in and out of ie play some new content when it arrives. Buy a few things from the market etc. as and when and expect that that will be the majority of your playerbase with those who are really into the game subscribing for a few months? And that year after year subscribers as found in WoW are probably things of the past?

And of course, that's how BW are running the game.

So maybe it's something that is now designed for most players to dip in and out of and that we've all got to accept that!

lol ... no MMO is made to be dipped in and out of. Whether a player approachs their game time with goals or not is a personal choice. Neither the game developers nor the industry makes that choice for them.

Contrary to what some "experts" would say, the MMO subscription model isn't going away for the same reasons that subscribing to cable or satellite TV movie or sports channel packages isn't going away. TOR is a hybrid. Sub model? Yep. F2P model with a cash shop? Yep. Why? I'm of the opinion that F2P is intended as a gateway to subscribership. That's how business works. Give 'em samples if you can afford to and hope they enjoy the experience enough to want it in bulk.

You are absolutely correct in pointing out that WoW was a Wall Street darling "shooting star." But just because there likely won't ever be its equal in peak subscriber numbers doesn't mean it killed everyone else's chances of succeeding. I mean, WoW now has fewer active North American servers than TOR does.

Though I do believe that WoW's overwhelming success followed by dumbing itself down to appease the masses who aren't hardcore ushered in the era of quick & easy cookie cutter MMO content. Ram 'em through leveling then ram 'em through end game, but time it to where the majority are finished about the time the next expansion is available. They've had 9 years to perfect their model.

TOR went the complete other direction by eliminating click & go questing in favor of using voice animation and player decision trees during questgiver interaction. Bioware prefers that people experience their entire game (from their KOTOR days) and just aren't as willing to rush players through.

Were this D&D, BW chose the settle in and adventure campaign style of DMing versus WoW's modularized Monty Haul style of DMing. TOR is old school like that, and I find it to be positively refereshing. There are XP boosts available for those who want them, but those are optional and players have to visit the Cartel Shop to acquire them. Before F2P they didn't even exist. The pushback I believe comes from players who are used to the WoW-style microwave oven method of progression.

Edited by GalacticKegger

lol ... no MMO is made to be dipped in and out of. Whether a player approachs their game time with goals or not is a personal choice. Neither the game developers nor the industry makes that choice for them.

Contrary to what some "experts" would say, the MMO subscription model isn't going away for the same reasons that subscribing to cable or satellite TV movie or sports channel packages isn't going away. TOR is a hybrid. Sub model? Yep. F2P model with a cash shop? Yep. Why? I'm of the opinion that F2P is intended as a gateway to subscribership. That's how business works. Give 'em samples if you can afford to and hope they enjoy the experience enough to want it in bulk.

You are absolutely correct in pointing out that WoW was a Wall Street darling "shooting star." But just because there likely won't ever be its equal in peak subscriber numbers doesn't mean it killed everyone else's chances of succeeding. I mean, WoW now has fewer active North American servers than TOR does.

Though I do believe that WoW's overwhelming success followed by dumbing itself down to appease the masses who aren't hardcore ushered in the era of quick & easy cookie cutter MMO content. Ram 'em through leveling then ram 'em through end game, but time it to where the majority are finished about the time the next expansion is available. They've had 9 years to perfect their model.

TOR went the complete other direction by eliminating click & go questing in favor of using voice animation and player decision trees during questgiver interaction. Bioware prefers that people experience their entire game (from their KOTOR days) and just aren't as willing to rush players through.

Were this D&D, BW chose the settle in and adventure campaign style of DMing versus WoW's modularized Monty Haul style of DMing. TOR is old school like that, and I find it to be positively refereshing. There are XP boosts available for those who want them, but those are optional and players have to visit the Cartel Shop to acquire them. Before F2P they didn't even exist. The pushback I believe comes from players who are used to the WoW-style microwave oven method of progression.

Having played WoW from late 2005 until last year, I noticed that the whole game was based on getting you to keep subscribing. So for that reason you had tiered PvP and PvE and you had to keep playing so you could beat each tier of content to get the gear to to beat the next tier of content etc etc.

The need to keep people subscribing meant PvP seasons that went on for months and PvE content that was tuned hard enough so that the average guild would take weeks to best it and another few weeks to get it to farming level.

KOTOR very much followed this model but I'm wondering if they are changing to a more casual play style ie as I said, expecting the bulk of their playerbase to be F2P and preferred with people dipping in and out of the content ie buying access to PvE and PvE content for a week or two before they go away and come vs k (hopefully) when new stuff that interests then is released.

BW will probably get a bit of a choppy revenue and current players graph than they'd like but they probably haven't got the resources to feed the end-game content monster that's the curse of all MMOs (and who has apart from Blizzard?)

So that's what I meant above.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I really want someone to release a mature rated mmo, with tons of gore and actual brutal gameplay. But hell thats asking a lot since every mmo tends to cater to more of a kid / teen audience.

Age of Conan - basically an R-rated MMO. There's blood, gore, language and chicks without tops. Very good graphics, too. They messed up on the class balance, pvp and the combat mechanics quite a bit but it's probably not too bad now. It is worth a look.

Game can't go BTP now. The download is free. We can't go back.

Since it's your account that determines whether or not you can play, the download being free means nothing. In fact, many MMOs let you download the software without buying anything.

I guess the only way they could do that now is by axing the entire sub aspect and adding unlocks to the CM so preferred status players could buy all the former sub features they want. Which honestly I think would be ok assuming that they priced it fairly. People that play every aspect pay top dollar, people that only PvE or only PvP no longer have some of their sub money paying to unlock features they do not and will never use.