Vengeance Spec Help

Jefficous

Didn't I say when I first posted that I'm a vengeance juggernaut? I did use ravage before. In my prior rotation my priority was on sundering assault and ravage over the others and my numbers were low. Here my numbers have been much higher and it's because I put ravage more as the last thing. However, I will try to re-time my DoTs. So, how should I re-prioritize my moves? For example, how should I open? Should shatter and impale come before ravage or afterwards? Where is force scream's placed?

Also, I looked at your combat log. What's Lightning Spike in it?

I am assuming it' s an energy damage proccing relic.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Mauull for being big enough to help out and share your knowledge. It is most appreciated.

Here is my current gear set up

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/d0f028aa-688d-4c6f-8e0c-10c277be2c1d

and here's my most recent parse, when I stopped Mox said I was at 1648.

http://www.torparse.com/a/91449

I was fully buffed and had my Exotech Might on. I did not use any adrenals.

Again its appreciated.

You should just write a guide Maull and any time anyone asks you questions you just say refer to the guide. Would probably save you some time in the long run :p

part of him wants people to grind out like he did to get results. But the other half of him loves the juggernaut class, cuz hes the only guy in the fleet that refuses to go rage for dps (even in pvp) so he wants to see the class succeed.

part of him wants people to grind out like he did to get results. But the other half of him loves the juggernaut class, cuz hes the only guy in the fleet that refuses to go rage for dps (even in pvp) so he wants to see the class succeed.

^ That obvious huh..?

Thank you Mauull for being big enough to help out and share your knowledge. It is most appreciated.

Here is my current gear set up

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/d0f028aa-688d-4c6f-8e0c-10c277be2c1d

and here's my most recent parse, when I stopped Mox said I was at 1648.

http://www.torparse.com/a/91449

I was fully buffed and had my Exotech Might on. I did not use any adrenals.

Again its appreciated.

sunder too much, especially in your starting rotation. no need for it all. juggernaut is a dot class get your dots up sooner in an orderly fashion, think of the class as it is and the dps will come as it should.

Edited by Okuy

You should just write a guide Maull and any time anyone asks you questions you just say refer to the guide. Would probably save you some time in the long run :p

It will be a long mutha freaking guide.. so many things that need to be said...

I spent everyday in TOR on my Jug since December. I have over 200 million credits and I can craft every single armor component for a melee dps... Speaking about grinding, heh.

Okuy, I am waiting for an answer to that PM - you told me earlier to send you my stats and parsing and there they are. :-]

I spent everyday in TOR on my Jug since December. I have over 200 million credits and I can craft every single armor component for a melee dps... Speaking about grinding, heh.

Okuy, I am waiting for an answer to that PM - you told me earlier to send you my stats and parsing and there they are. :-]

only took me about 2 mil to figure it out. and yeah i just checked my mail... alot, slipped my mind

sunder too much, especially in your starting rotation. no need for it all. juggernaut is a dot class get your dots up sooner in an orderly fashion, think of the class as it is and the dps will come as it should.

Yeah thanks for the tip. I'll work on that.

I went through the parse in your sig and noticed your not always waiting for Shatter for tick till its final tick on the 12th second but normally your hitting it 10-11 seconds in. Is that intentional? Is there a gain by staggering your Shatters so you get the third tick but using the attack again before the fourth?

I've been using TOR Assistant to make sure I get that final tick off, but now I'm wordering if I need to revise that.

Edited by ArenCordial

Well upon some testing not holding off for the last tick did seem to raise my DPS. Unstimmed I was doing around 1520-1470. My last 2 parses were around 1560-1590, which is great. The only problem is that it also seems that I had to use Sundering Assualt/Strike more which raised it from 8-9% of my DPS to 11%, which is the opposite of Mauull's advice.

I'm using Throw when I can, sometimes Sweep/Smash to get that extra Rage/Focus when my powers are on CD, sometimes run back so I can get another Leap in, and Combat Focus when its avialable.

Ideas?

Edited by ArenCordial

Yeah thanks for the tip. I'll work on that.

I went through the parse in your sig and noticed your not always waiting for Shatter for tick till its final tick on the 12th second but normally your hitting it 10-11 seconds in. Is that intentional? Is there a gain by staggering your Shatters so you get the third tick but using the attack again before the fourth?

I've been using TOR Assistant to make sure I get that final tick off, but now I'm wordering if I need to revise that.

"orderly fashion"

Well first off all, thx Maull. I was quite bored with my Vengeance spec since I made my rotation quite automatic and I was sitting at comfy 1600.

Now just looking at your parse and your rotation I started to change it a bit to make it similar to urs, but it's complete madness. It's more challenging and today I spent some hours just and the best I could do was this parse http://www.torparse.com/a/92836 - 1763 when I stopped. It's far from urs and hitting right buttons at right times still needs some practice, but at least you gave me things to do. If you have any advice about timing things (like when to force jump etc) I would be grateful.

My gear is half DG/Campaign with 34% crit, 78,5 surge and 800 power.

http://www.torparse.com/a/93031/2

BAM 1730 before the fight cut out. Mauull was right when he said keep your bleeds up in orderly fashion. Shatter, scream, and impale as quickly as possible with as little rage fillers as possible. Clip shatter's bleed short if its up on cd after you've finished hitting scream and impale. I did that and just had my best parse ever

BAM 1730 before the fight cut out. Mauull was right when he said keep your bleeds up in orderly fashion. Shatter, scream, and impale as quickly as possible with as little rage fillers as possible. Clip shatter's bleed short if its up on cd after you've finished hitting scream and impale. I did that and just had my best parse ever

Was there ever any doubt i wouldn't be...?

Edited by Okuy

Here it is- http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/2829a869-4320-4185-9105-aacd3d92e6ee/overview#d=0,f=1,t=2,b=1

By the way, you never said anything about posting a parser. You just said my rotation must be wrong without saying what an ideal rotation is.

My response to (about reading into 2 pages into the thread is):

The spec is public for anyone to see. The rotation can be deciphered from the parse in his signature. The stats to an extent can also be figured from the parse as well.

One would think that if one is a "hardcore" pve player and wants to play his class to its fullest extent, one would enjoy and even find it a challenge to figure out a high DPS rotation from his own hard work. The raw data is there. We just need to make something useful out of it. I think that's half the fun in pve raiding especially in this game at the moment where people mostly claim Maras as the zomgtheonlytopviable DPS class. With that said, I think any of the serious Vengeance raiders here would enjoy / look forward to / and see it as a challenge to try to get the same results on his own, instead of crucifying someone on the cross because that person doesn't want to spoon feed his rotation to the public.

I have Mauull's rotation made in a .JPEG file in my imgur album in my sig (but it is hidden >_<). After days of parsing I got the "gist" of it and can arguably say I can come close duplicating the same results. I just need to get into the same gear level as he is (my Jugg DPS alt is not BiS yet). Once I do ill post a parse here and in our server forums.

The reason I can arguably say I can come close to duplicating the same parse / results is because when I do a parse for 60 minutes and take any 2 RANDOM points in that line with a duration of 480 seconds, and compare it with his 480 second parse, I consistently see the same percentages. The same pecentage of total damage done of Shatter / Impale / Scream / Ravage / etc.. the ~same number of Hits / Misses per ability, etc etc. The only difference I can consistenly see is that the average damage of his abilities are about 200-300 more than mine and his abilities crit for about 5% more. I've come from 1400 Vengeance parse and am now sitting at at least 1800 with a Rakata Stim, all buffs and no BT. I'll post a parse once I get BiS gear and ONCE i get that 1900 magic number :D

In the meantime, my only suggestion is this, check out his parse and try to figure it out on your own. That's the fun part!

Edited by paowee

Didnt read the entire thread only 2 pages into it (going to lunch right now).

Lol did mauull give out his rotation?

Nahhh, just a few tips. What's your rotation that made your dps jump tho?

There is no "rotation." If you want to see something like a set 1-2-3-4 use of abilities like, say, the sniper class. http://imgur.com/a/rTHMZ#0, there is none. It's more of a priority list. If Shatter procs Ravage then thats fine. If Impale procs ravage and Shatter/Scream is still on CD then the rest of the "line" changes and you improvise. The best tip i got out of em, despite being guild mates on my Sniper is, "ill sell it to you for 1 million trololol."

if anyone will tell people what the priority is it should be him and can't be me >_<. As it stands he still wants people to grind it out and figure it out on their own .

Edited by paowee

Nahhh, just a few tips. What's your rotation that made your dps jump tho?

Forgot to answer your question entirely.

The jump in DPS in my parses can be summed up by this:

...force scream should be your third highest dmg output. 1) ravage 2) bleeds 3)scream 4)impale 5)shatter try to revolve your rotation around that..

At first my priority was Impale -> Scream and Shatter. There was also a time when Shatter was my 2nd highest dmg output -_-. The jump in DPS was due to me prioritizing the above abilities in that ~order (after hours of scrutinizing his parses).

Edited by paowee

yeah thats what im doing. I have no doubt that vengeance spec is good and can be great with 1900 parses consistnatly but my concern is now, should i waste my time? I mean Mauull has jumped off the dps jug ship completely saying marauders are putting up 200+ more damage than his jug which is prob best on any server. you got both classes too correct? is dps jug worth it? is the gap really that big?

Well I parsed my first 1700 today (exotech stim, no adrenal). I'm sure with more practice I can probably do better. The major difference I've noticed with focusing primarily on Dots is Focus/Rage management is much tougher. I'm probably as thankful when Zen Strike refreshes Master Strike for the 2 extra focus as much as I am for the extra Master Strike. Anybody have any resource management tips they'd like to share? It'd be appreciated.