Need Help - HM EC

Wigglesworth

Hello peoples...

Just as the messages says, I need help and I need it in hardmode EC.

I made the mistake of going dps with my juggernaut. The dps is not bad...but not good either. So, I have come to the conclusion that I should go tank spec for PvE and learn how to tank. But, here is where the help comes in...

I am looking for a guild to carry me though HM EC to get the gear I need for tanking. I have Rakata tanking gear right now, but that's not really good enough for what I want to do. I want to start tanking if I need to in TFB and such. The guild I was a part of has gone the way of the dodo so I can not get help from my guild.

So, now the question I have is, what would it take to get this endeavor going? My character is Imperial side and his name is Serafim. Please post on here if there is some sort of agreement you can think of to get this going or contact him in game.

Thanks in advance....

well, I can't help, obviously, since I'm in a republic guild, but either way I'll just offer some advice

I know you probably just want to get it 'over with', but you are most likely not doing yourself a favour if you get carried through hm ec to get the gear.

if you want to do TFB HM, I'd advice you to go for TFB story mode right away to 'practice'. depending on whom you ask most people will tell you the difficulty level of tfb sm and denova hm is about the same, with the added bonus that you get to see the actual fights from the different point of view (because tanking .is. different than dps, after all :p)

Hey OP, sorry to hear your guild ceases to exist that has to suck.

On to the meat of the subject.

You should not be looking to get gear to learn to tank. Or looking to be carried.

Learn to tank based on what your gear can do now.

Running TFB story is a great idea.

I would go a step further.

Augment everything.

Grind your dailys and weeklys. Use the comms you get buy Black Hole gear. Use the money you made to get your ear and implant pieces.

Do pvp dailys to buy the relics you need..

Adversely .. if you want carried ill take you through for 5 mil per boss. Pm me

Look for pug groups to get ur skill and gear together.

Adverslym

It's not really a carry since I can dps fine with the Jugg...it's just that the dps is not good and I figure since I am levelling up a sniper and a BH for dps that I should have a tank along with my main healer.

Just figured that I'd ask. But 5 mil per boss....my sides are still hurting from laughing....

the thing is just that you're not doing yourself a favour if you don't actually practice tanking. granted a lot of people can 'just switch', but more often than not... I don't know, I just don't see wanting to tank the hardest current content right off the bat being a good idea, especially not when your main reason is that the dps is 'only ok' (and juggernaut/guardian dps .is. 'ok', it's really not as bad as you make it sound. it gets the job done, maybe just not as op as ... certain other classes)

I'd also argue that it will probably be a lot easier for you to find a group to do denova nm or tfb hm if people already know you .can. tank, not not just briefly know you as a dps who has tanking gear, too.

Edited by amnie

Yeah, if you want gear now, just PvP and get the WH tank set for your class and then augment it. It's decent gear and you can start learning to tank on HM FPs and other OPs. I've been a tank for years in various games and jumping straight from DPS (that you think is 'ok') to full geared HM TFB tank is going to be very difficult and cost some deaths for those carrying you.

Just figured that I'd ask. But 5 mil per boss....my sides are still hurting from laughing....

It was more of a joke , but if you really feel that way then u are very bad @ math

Taking 15 people + you into a TFB HM which is what the quote is for passing every piece of loot to you would get you 8 Pieces of Dread Guard gear . X 3 Mods /armorings and enhancements each

Plus whatever Offset pieces and Ears you could use.

So , if were doing MATH thats 24 Mods/Armorings/Enhancements , Essentially 1 mil per, not counting freebies.

Crystals, Materials , Off set pieces and Ears .

PLUS your sgear would have Set Bonus's and be close to if not BIS .

So to clarify

1 night and 2 hours or less you would be very close to BIS and never have to farm gear until the Expansion.

The 15 people generous enough to pass everything and waste their time and weekly lockout for you would make about 1.5 mil each . Additionally you would learn all the fights.

Fair trade if you ask me.

But as you see it as LOL funny it will never be offered again.