Emperor's cybernetic rival?

Master_Raider

At this point we all know that the Emperor can do a little brain invading and possess certain people. However he's not the only one in this stage of the timeline who can do something similar. For example, Killiks have this to some degree with a communal mind.

On a mid level planet, we're introduced to a certain intelligence that borg-ifies a number of non-force sensitives into its personal army, even referring to to his minions as his "hands". To me, it seems entirely possible that he can possess them to a degree and act directly. For whatever reason (no spoilers) this cybernetic threat hasn't made its way out to the entire galaxy.

This is as great a threat as anything we see in the game. Lets say an infected made its way to Korriban. Shortly thereafter, this intelligence could have an army of force users linked to its will. In addition, he can control his army directly (as opposed to a Sith Emperor that has to work through intermediaries). As a result, we have a singular malign intelligence which (potentially) can body hop.

If a Sith Lord could work this, he'd be more omnipresent than Vitiate.

I dont know if you read the Revan novel , well anyway a small group of sith knew about his plans and tried to bring him down and failed badly. I also think they are afraid to challenge the emporer. anyway if another sith tried what you mentioned he would have to be very powerful to pull that off. Edited by sithgreyguard

At this point we all know that the Emperor can do a little brain invading and possess certain people. However he's not the only one in this stage of the timeline who can do something similar. For example, Killiks have this to some degree with a communal mind.

On a mid level planet, we're introduced to a certain intelligence that borg-ifies a number of non-force sensitives into its personal army, even referring to to his minions as his "hands". To me, it seems entirely possible that he can possess them to a degree and act directly. For whatever reason (no spoilers) this cybernetic threat hasn't made its way out to the entire galaxy.

This is as great a threat as anything we see in the game. Lets say an infected made its way to Korriban. Shortly thereafter, this intelligence could have an army of force users linked to its will. In addition, he can control his army directly (as opposed to a Sith Emperor that has to work through intermediaries). As a result, we have a singular malign intelligence which (potentially) can body hop.

If a Sith Lord could work this, he'd be more omnipresent than Vitiate.

There are three tiny problems with you conclusion:

1: the players(who are admitly way above normal) are able to resist him.

The emperor is very close to being godlike(and i still hate that boiware made a force user that powerfull)

2:Force users are alot harder to convert then non force users.

3: I dont know if his victems can think or are merely reaimiated dead.

What i do know is how hard it is to control millions at the same time.

Go play a rts build a huge army put them all on hold fire then take out the enemy.

It isnt easy.

Especialy agains strong enemies like the sith and the republic.

The emperor is very close to being godlike(and i still hate that boiware made a force user that powerfull)

Go play a rts build a huge army put them all on hold fire then take out the enemy.

It isnt easy.

I am indeed referring to the Tatooine planet storyline but am trying to be as unspoilerific as possible.

I'll address the good points you make here.

1) The emperor does have alot of power individually but there is nothing to indicate he can't be taken down by sheer numbers (and to a degree this is borne out by how he hides and protects his real body).

2) We don't actually know this. The characters who resist don't have to be force users. Similarly there isn't (to my knowledge) anything conceding that there is more trouble converting Force users.

3) We do see living characters get converted, and there is a dialogue reference suggesting the player lead its armies, so death isn't likely to be a prerequisite.

As for an RTS, you can't compare our abilities to play a video game to this type of creature.

I am indeed referring to the Tatooine planet storyline but am trying to be as unspoilerific as possible.

I'll address the good points you make here.

1) The emperor does have alot of power individually but there is nothing to indicate he can't be taken down by sheer numbers (and to a degree this is borne out by how he hides and protects his real body).

2) We don't actually know this. The characters who resist don't have to be force users. Similarly there isn't (to my knowledge) anything conceding that there is more trouble converting Force users.

3) We do see living characters get converted, and there is a dialogue reference suggesting the player lead its armies, so death isn't likely to be a prerequisite.

As for an RTS, you can't compare our abilities to play a video game to this type of creature.

1: i was refeering to the emperor's ability to resist the one and probley counter attack long befor having the numbers to bring him down.

2: I didnt say he coudnt convert him but as a rule of the thumb is star wars.

Anything with force powers is stronger.

Sure players are able to resist them but compair to players force users are insects to be crushed.

No the avarge npc doesnt last long agains a sith or jedi.

3: Leading his army could be ment in several ways:

A strong body to use as moble command platform.

A enslaved mind that leads the troops.

A epic weapon.

His new body.

As for rts response:

This creatuer is just a rakata mind traped in a box.

I highly doubt it has the ability to command every soldier in a large army on his own.

So he needs general, sargents, munition.

Even if he could it woudnt mather.

The moment the republic and/or the empire notice he is screwed.

Because face it 30.000 slave's arent going help you agains orbital bombardment, loads of troopers and the sheer amount of force users.

Edited by internaty

1:

As for rts response:

This creatuer is just a rakata mind traped in a box.

I highly doubt it has the ability to command every soldier in a large army on his own.

So he needs general, sargents, munition.

Even if he could it woudnt mather.

The moment the republic and/or the empire notice he is screwed.

Because face it 30.000 slave's arent going help you agains orbital bombardment, loads of troopers and the sheer amount of force users.

Sith did turn against him, bit like hitler at the night of the long knives or the wolfs lair.

Scourge sold him totally out and he was his right hand.

It isnt easy.

Bw didn't, his power was around before launch.