The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Could the developers let us quest for other ships?

Gryphan

I would be cool if the developers made some quests that let players earn the other ships. Maybe having players of a faction helping out a specific class in a quest chain to earn their type of ship. And for earning an opposite factions ships maybe have them run through a quest chain where they have to say, defeat an agent to capture his Phantom, or face down a jedi to claim their Defender. It could be fun bonus content for higher level players for a future patch.

I would be cool if the developers made some quests that let players earn the other ships. Maybe having players of a faction helping out a specific class in a quest chain to earn their type of ship. And for earning an opposite factions ships maybe have them run through a quest chain where they have to say, defeat an agent to capture his Phantom, or face down a jedi to claim their Defender. It could be fun bonus content for higher level players for a future patch.
I'd be ALL OVER this idea. Not a big fan of my Vanguard's B-Wing Fighter (cough!) um, uh, BT-7 Thunderclap.

This could be really cool. However, there would be nothing but Phantoms flying all over the galaxy :D.

Hm. It looks cool (haven't started an Imperial character yet) but I still like the XS Freighter.

If they offered an armed version of the Firefly-class transport, OTOH... (Copyright issues would prevent it, but I can dream...)

The devs have already responded on this. Although it would be cool it would be very hard and time consumming. All the companion and class based story cutscenes would have to be redone for each class and each ship. That would be a major undertaking. Although I would love to have all my toons in a Phantom I'd rather the devs spend development time on new content :)