SWTOR gaming mouse

LonePredator

It's basically the exact same as the Razer Naga Epic, and is the same price. It's just got a different appearance, and a code that unlocks the black-green color crystal (you get two +4 Endurance versions of these crystals mailed to all your current and future characters, and can trade them up for any of the +41 stat versions when you hit 50 for 250k credits).

If you don't care about the color crystal, I'd just get the regular Naga, which I think is a little more comfortable. But either way, it's a pretty neat mouse...12 thumb buttons, so you can put an entire skill bar on them, and not have to reach up to your number row on your keyboard. It takes a fair bit of getting used to blind-clicking them, but worth it in the end.

It was not reviewed very well anywhere. I would go for another razor mouse. Doesn't take much to do a few Google searches and find reviews on products.

PC Mag voted it an 8, hardware heaven a 9, back2gaming gave it a 9.3, ripten gave it a 9. I'm finding it difficult to find those bad review everywhere in that case.

Essentially it's just a Naga, with an increased price tag. However, it's a solid product. The only downside is you require to be right handed.

PC Mag voted it an 8, hardware heaven a 9, back2gaming gave it a 9.3, ripten gave it a 9. I'm finding it difficult to find those bad review everywhere in that case.

Essentially it's just a Naga, with an increased price tag. However, it's a solid product. The only downside is you require to be right handed.

Yes I could have said more, but was trying to teach people to do for themselves. But bottom line is, you are paying more for the SW decorations, so why bother.

The razer naga 2012 edition, with the green light, is pretty awesome. I love that you can change the grip depending on hand size. I've attached a ring to the edge of my table to keep the cord under control and it runs smoothly on a steelseries softmat. If you got the space for it, I'd get the Razer Goliathus Speed Edition mousemat. it's amazing and the mouse simply fly on it! I got both.

It's great for claw grip. If you're more into palm grip (isn't that what it's called?) the logitech mmo mouse, which I also got, is alright. Buttons are better but you need a fairly big hand, unless you enjoy having the fingers stretched.

My co-worker has a Cyborg R.A.T. and he loves it.

Most important, it must feel good in your hand!

reason im not sure is because ive seen alot of chat on forums and reviews about it randomly going wrong e.g randomly stop working in wireless and people finding it hard to get the software synapse working with it

That's generally a problem having to do with people not being exactly smart. I've had no issues with my Razer products and I've had the headset, mouse, and Synapse for a year+ now. A defective mouse happens occasionally, which I had happen to a friend but it's not as common as people make it out to be.

I love the Synapse program, full control over the mouse is amazing.

reason im not sure is because ive seen alot of chat on forums and reviews about it randomly going wrong e.g randomly stop working in wireless and people finding it hard to get the software synapse working with it

Wireless does have several disadvantages of course:

1. Batteries.

2. BATTERIES!!

3. Wireless disruption (physical objects, equal wave frequencies, etc).

And Synapse, isn't too hard to get to work. The SWTOR mouse will work pretty much the same as the regular Naga works with it.

so out out all products you can think of guys can you give me your reccomendation of what to get (baring in mind this will just be for playing swtor and i occasionally play league of legends but yeh)... and my budget is at max 80 pounds Edited by LonePredator

so out out all products you can think of guys can you give me your reccomendation of what to get (baring in mind this will just be for playing swtor and i occasionally play league of legends but yeh)... and my budget is at max 80 pounds

It's hard to say really, as a lot of it depends on your own preference really.

Typically for MMO's my personal recommendation would go for a mouse with a medium weight, whilst for RTS a light-weight mouse to slide across the mat with ease and allow for rapid movement. Whereas for example FPS gaming I prefer to do with a heavier mouse, giving more precision.

Additionally, another factor of importance which may limit your choices quite a bit: right- or left-handed.

Buttons, buttons, buttons. What do you seek for in a mouse, what are you used to? Not everybody has a desire to use 12 buttons within reach of their thumb, a 5 or 7 button mouse may suit them perfectly fine. Whilst the Naga mouse, is quite an investment for a very specific purpose.

Lastly, are you seeking a certain look, certain color, razer or may it be another brand?

Ok. I've owned several Razer mice including the SWTOR edition. Here are my thoughts for what it is worth. For those that say you are paying for the game name, keep in mind that right now most of these type of mice are on sale so price is really not a determining factor.

So yes, it is an Razer Naga Epic. It functions the same way and has the same button scheme. Unfortunately, it doesn't out preform any of the Razer line because it is hampered by a few notable problems.

1. It randomly but infrequently loses the wireless signal. The issues seems to be with USB enumeration and not the signal itself. I thought at first I had just bought a dud, but after the same thing happened with the replacement I suspect the issue is systemic.

2. The mouse loses the x/y and sensitivity settings. Again, a bug that happens randomly and somewhat infrequently but nevertheless a significant problem when it does occur.

3. The special Razer crystal you get as part of the promotion is a pain to get. The promo code you should be able to use through this website to redeem you crystal doesn't work. This is not a SWTOR issue but an issue with the code provided by Razer.

I've owned two SWTOR Razer edition mice and returned both. My advice is to save yourself the trouble and go with The Razer Epic or the Razer Naga. The Naga is wired but flawless and cheaper. The Epic is outstanding, but I end up using it wired because I play so much.

I use the Razer Naga (wired). It's the same thing as the SWTOR mouse (12 thumb buttons). I can't imagine playing SWTOR without it. It's a lot like a HOTAS for a pilot. It allows you to keep your eyes on the fight (where they are supposed to be), and not looking down at the keyboard trying to find a button.

It takes a little getting used to, but once you have your buttons memorized, you will never go back.

I got my swtor mouse when it was launched and I havent had any problems with it whatsoever. I also own a Naga Molten but I prefer the Swtor mouse due to the positioning of the addtional two top buttons, same position as on the Naga Epic.

I should probably add that I'm always using mine in wired mode.

Edited by Washingtoon

My GF bought me a Razer Naga Epic last year for Christmas, and have been using it since. Depending on where I am I take advantage of the wired and wireless modes. At home I mostly use it wired. It's a great mouse, and nice because of the adjustable pinky grips on the right side of the mouse.

And as many people have mentioned before, it does take a little getting used to, but once you're used to it, you will never go back to a plain Jane mouse for an MMO ever again.

i tried the razer naga didn't like the button layout. bit to crowded for my likes, but i then tried out the razer naga hex which was a much better fit and all round good mouse for anything. has perfect amount of buttons for moba's like league and dota also not to many buttons to make it a hastle in fps's and pretty good for mmo's could use a few more buttons but for the usability for all genres its pretty good. decent weight can change the dpi up to 6400. nice wheel rotation and a good hand fit but with razer mouses it pretty much depends on how many buttons you want.

im thinking of getting the SWTOR razer gaming mouse, anybody wanna share any advice before i decide?

I have the mouse and the keyboard and have since launch. I love them both. It is meant for right handers, but man they both are pretty awesome and the mouse can be a major advantage if set up right in pvp. You can probably get a similiar razer naga for cheaper, but if you are wanting to spend the extra to get the SWTOR gear I recommend it. Keyboard was a 10/10 from me and mouse is 9/10 with a point deducted for no left handed setups

I probably need to rewire my brains before I can use any of those. And an extra pair of eyes to see where my thumb is at.

I can't believe people are actually using them and be happy.

I totally get what you are saying. I have a G600 and the first few days of using it was a challenge - I am not the most coordinated at the best of times. Anyway, it grew on me and I absolutely love it now. Makes playing the game so much easier. I play on a laptop and having this mouse means minimum need for interaction with the keyboard.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.