The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

There should be Nothing in CM that a sub can't get ingame.

gabarooni

eh I think the devs are doomed either way. I seem to recall people criticized the devs for just selling recolors and demanding exclusive cool stuff not just recolors which seemed to be perceived showing a lack of effort. IMO that made it inevitable that the CM would begin selling exclusive sets. And if selling CM exclusive vanity items is the only way to avoid all out P2W I'll take the exclusive vanity items.

But anyway I'd honestly be more miffed if they started selling quest rewards in the CM than selling CM exclusive items. What's the point of a quest reward if you can just buy it? Ok maybe just make it a random loot drop but how many drops would it take to get it? Would killing trash mobs forever just to get lucky on that one random drop make people any happier?

As long as I save my stipend I can pretty much buy any set I want direct from the CM or I can buy it on the GTN. Given these are hardly things I need I'm content to save either my CC or credits to buy them.

I just love how people always say, go buy the items on the GTN. Well guess what, all the prices for CM stuff is so crap anymore. So many greedy people, hence the reason why some aren't happy with CM drops. Things being more than 100k credits yielded from CM is such a joke. I'm a subscriber, but i don't feel like one. Spending 15 a month and only seeing 500 cartel coins a month seems a bit low. There should be more offered to subscribers over the common F2P people. If anything they should add all of the harder to get crystals to the cartel packs, so people have a bigger hope to get the one crystal they want. Or be able to use cartel coins to purchase credits, this way it would probably halt inflation by those greedy tards....

You are blaming the developers for the greed of players. No matter what they do, greedy players will find a way to gouge for it be that purchasing on the CM or playing day and night to acquire the big ticket items.

Personally, I don't care if people like it or not. However, arguing "for the good of the game" rather then a more truthful, "for the good of me" is not much better. Either way, I'm glad that I can purchase items with cash. I play the game to enjoy it, not work, and grinding, to me is mindless work. Hell, I'd be rather upset to know that I spent my game time grinding coms rather then having fun only to find the heroic space missions broken (as they are), once getting there.

Edited by Blackardin

Ya i mean honestly this game will be shut down with in the year.

I called F2P down to the month, and I doubt I will miss on this either.

So yeah a lot of what they are doing seems bad and money grabbing, cause that is what it is. Most if not all of the content we are seeing now was developed before release and all of it has been developed before they had their lay offs. They are just stretching things and making us pay for things to the limit they think at least some dopes will, and I have seen more then enough of those Holiday mounts to know there is truley enough morons to at least carry the game a bit. But once they need to develope full new ideas they will call it quits, which what they have now won't last all of 2013.

Its great to see how many tools...I mean people are perfectly fine with playing a digital mall.

"Play the game? Screw that!" /opens wallet. "LOOK WHAT I BOUGH...EARNED!"

What the hell ever happened to PLAYING THE GAME and getting this stuff? Oh right BW's only focus is the CM now. I Forgot.

Its great to see how many tools...I mean people are perfectly fine with playing a digital mall.

"Play the game? Screw that!" /opens wallet. "LOOK WHAT I BOUGH...EARNED!"

What the hell ever happened to PLAYING THE GAME and getting this stuff? Oh right BW's only focus is the CM now. I Forgot.

you see, every time i talk about that with my guild mates, they tell me i complain too much, i do understand people here think that the CM will give tha game money for more content(which is naive), but i ask people to stop and think about what kind of game we are playing, this is not a economic game nor a loterry game, this is a MMO"RPG", so what i am trying to tell here, is that some of those CM items could be very well tied to some type of quest like the one we had for the Magenta crystal, the white crystal was promised to be in such kind of quest, and i am PRETTY sure that Revans set and the Nihi mask could be easily tied to a quest, so i dont understand all you people that say "GTN", i dont want to buy the frikkin stuff on the gtn i want to go questing same way i grabed the Schematic from pilgrim and went to alderaan to grab the Rough Magenta nodes,but right now where are the quests? CM has been out for more then 1 month right? wheres the content?as for Makeb we are paying for it, and since the market went most of the patches are mostly about the CM even when some OPS have bugs.

you see, every time i talk about that with my guild mates, they tell me i complain too much, i do understand people here think that the CM will give tha game money for more content(which is naive), but i ask people to stop and think about what kind of game we are playing, this is not a economic game nor a loterry game, this is a MMO"RPG", so what i am trying to tell here, is that some of those CM items could be very well tied to some type of quest like the one we had for the Magenta crystal, the white crystal was promised to be in such kind of quest, and i am PRETTY sure that Revans set and the Nihi mask could be easily tied to a quest, so i dont understand all you people that say "GTN", i dont want to buy the frikkin stuff on the gtn i want to go questing same way i grabed the Schematic from pilgrim and went to alderaan to grab the Rough Magenta nodes,but right now where are the quests? CM has been out for more then 1 month right? wheres the content?as for Makeb we are paying for it, and since the market went most of the patches are mostly about the CM even when some OPS have bugs.

Perfect example. Notice we had two new color crystals in one month on there but we havent gotten a new one in game since APRIL? Shows you where their focus is and what they care about. And your guildies are either blind or in denial. Its not complaining you just happen to be able to see the cliff most are about to run over.

I agree. Bioware's current approach seems to be - particularly with the space debacle - "Well, you CAN get some of it by actually playing the game for 100x more effort, but if you throw us a few bucks you can have it right now!" - didn't take them long to slide all the way to the bottom of that slope. :rolleyes:

The cartel market has become an utter joke, particularly with that monstrosity of a mount up for the price it is. Might aswell take it all the way and throw a suit of Elite War Hero up for 93247435 coins, at least then you can thoroughly piss off what is left of your subscribers.

So much for "the importance of player feedback with free 2 play" eh hickman?

They're not at the bottom yet. I bet during the week they are talking about how to dig the hole deeper and slide further down the slope. Ship upgrades in the cartel market was probably just the top of the mountain for them. :)

:(

And there is nothing in the cm what you cant get ingame (even as a f2p).

The location you can get it all is called GTN.

That is incorrect. You just assumed that. There are many things I would like to buy from Cartel Market that are not placed on GTN.

So, yeah, there are things in CM I cannot get without spending real money. We can pretend all the way we want and be blind about it. As an example I will take MA-44 Combat Armor Set. I wanted the pants and boots, but there are no results on GTN at all. On the other hand, the set costs 1200 CC.

Only hing that you can always find on GTN are slu*ty, recolored outfits that I simply find disgusting.