Jug/Mara Playstyles

Deathen_Shada

I've read countless topics on the forums about what class to choose between jug and mara. But in all the topics they didn't really go into detail about the play styles of these advanced classes. Personally I was leaning to mara because of the duel blades, and jug because you get heavy armor and some neat abilities like throwing your saber.

But whats really important is am I going to enjoy the class. So in short could some people from personal experience tell me the difference between playstyles. And the general feel of the classes (not obvious stuff like one can tank and the other can't.)

Sorry for yet another jug/mara thread.

p.s I really wanna use jaessa a lot cause well she's gonna look hot in some slave gear. I read in some threads what if you go mara your stuck with quin (spelling). True false?

I've read countless topics on the forums about what class to choose between jug and mara. But in all the topics they didn't really go into detail about the play styles of these advanced classes. Personally I was leaning to mara because of the duel blades, and jug because you get heavy armor and some neat abilities like throwing your saber.

But whats really important is am I going to enjoy the class. So in short could some people from personal experience tell me the difference between playstyles. And the general feel of the classes (not obvious stuff like one can tank and the other can't.)

Sorry for yet another jug/mara thread.

p.s I really wanna use jaessa a lot cause well she's gonna look hot in some slave gear. I read in some threads what if you go mara your stuck with quin (spelling). True false?

quinn makes it easier for both classes but doesn't matter who you use. as for playstyles to be honest they feel about the same to me but i prefer jugg dps because i like to use 1 lightsaber over 2 and i like the animations the only difference really is a few abilities and how each spec works. like jugg gets saber throw and force push while mara doesn't but when comes down to the talent trees annihilation for mara is all about your bleeds while carnage direct damage and rage for jugg and mara is about smash and for vengeance spec with jugg it's all about using ravage using shatter and impale to proc ravage and put your bleeds up there and force scream just for the extra bleed.

They play the same way, both are melee dps, yet there's more control over a fight with the jug cuz u got force push, and if your vengeance you got unstoppable which make u immune to knock backs and ccs. Marauders seem to use fitness and style and speed in their animations, whereas jugs use brute force. The animations of vengeance are just *********** awesome and are best In game IMO

They play the same way, both are melee dps, yet there's more control over a fight with the jug cuz u got force push, and if your vengeance you got unstoppable which make u immune to knock backs and ccs. Marauders seem to use fitness and style and speed in their animations, whereas jugs use brute force. The animations of vengeance are just *********** awesome and are best In game IMO

Thanks both of you, and I love your description of the two classes twisted. Still a bit undecided but at least now I have a idea of what to expect from both classes. TBH I almost wish I could mash the unlimited power/brute force of the jug with the style and ultra damage of the mara and make another class. lmao

You get the saber throw ability either way, same with Force choke, not sure if juggs get it earlier, but I got both around early 30s on my mara.

As for companions, Quinn is definitely the optimal choice for mara, but you could probably run with Jaesa. I've seen quite a few SWs running around with her, though I believe most of them were juggs. She'd be much more useful for a Jugg I think.

QFT.

My mara is fast and flashy, my Jugg is heavy and vicious. My Maurader speedily carves up mobs, my jugg mercilessly pounds them into the turf. I honestly prefer the jugg animations overall. the dual blades seemed interesting at first, but they were missing something that I found in the Jugg.

Op, you're not "stuck" with Quinn.

ANY companion is viable, IF you keep them geared, but your playstyle will vary a little bit depending on which one you choose.

But with that said, if you use Quinn (I prefer Quinn), you need a kamikaze mentality and just kill everything asap because you're the only damage dealer.

Leveling an Annihilation Marauder is a total blast because they can last forever in a fight, unless you pull 8 strongs and get overwhelmed.

You can easily and quickly take out Champions 4 levels above you if you and Quinn are geared,soloing Poisonous Strategy on Ilum is a breeze, etc...

QFT.

My mara is fast and flashy, my Jugg is heavy and vicious. My Maurader speedily carves up mobs, my jugg mercilessly pounds them into the turf. I honestly prefer the jugg animations overall. the dual blades seemed interesting at first, but they were missing something that I found in the Jugg.

this guy gets it