Chiss Empire vs Galactic Republic

JmoWolf

Um... why is this even a question? The Republic, they have both Thrawn, and the Jedi.

Edit: Also Thrawn is not the end all be all super weapon of war that people make him out to be. He was defeated after all.

Edited by JBFett

Well then how bout who you think wins both before and after outbound flight

Before Outbound Flight he has the dozen picket ships (which he used to defeat a Trade Federation fleet that was far superior to his own), and after Outbound Flight he rose through the ranks and was then exiled.

So before Outbound Flight, i would have to give it to the Republic. Thrawn can do alot, but he can't be everywhere at once. And where he is not, the Chis have to face the likes of Yoda and Mace Windu. Yoda with his Battle Meditation and Mace Windu with his skill in battle. Eventually the Republic will have cornered Thrawn. While Thrawn has shown what he can do with one fleet, the picket ships don't have the firepower to defeat the entire Republic fleet. Thrawn will last a long time, but will eventually be rooted out and defeated.

As to after. I don't know. Gonna have to think on that one.

Edit: The above scenario is the best I could come up with. I don't think I could comprehend what strategies the great Thrawn could come up with.

Edited by Aurbere

So do u think that the republics victory is dependent on the jedi or could they do is without them.

Definitely the Jedi secure this. Many of the Jedi Masters are better tacticians than your average officer. Not to mention Yoda using Battle Meditation. We would pretty much see a "Clone Wars" in this case, except the Chiss don't have the numbers that the Republic does. Each victory Thrawn gets only delays the inevitable. The Jedi will be winning far more battles.

Again though. I don't know what Thrawn can come up with. He has out-witted Jedi before, but in that particular case, Thrawn was attacking the Outbound Flight not a Republic fleet. When we are dealing with Thrawn, it is impossible to predict what he would do as he can create tactics on the fly and plan out massive campaigns step-by-step.